DCV from a character's size

Re: DCV from a character's size

That's why you have to have an equivalent OCV.

2 smalluns are +2 OCV +2 DCV. If they attack each other, they are net +0, if they attack a normal it is at +2 and the normal is -2 to hit them.

Adding the OCV mod is key however. If you don't do that, it doesn't work.

Is this in FREd or is this a house rule?

That's why you have to have an equivalent OCV.

2 smalluns are +2 OCV +2 DCV. If they attack each other, they are net +0, if they attack a normal it is at +2 and the normal is -2 to hit them.

Adding the OCV mod is key however. If you don't do that, it doesn't work.

The can of worms is opening wider and wider. I don't think that the +2 OCV is in the book, but it makes sense, especially since normally-sized people have become bigger targets.

I consider this whole thread an excellent argument to bring back always on size powers. I never liked the idea of purchasing the effects piecemeal. I can see it in the case where someone has an odd aspect to their alternate size (i.e., especially wide or narrow) that you might want more adjustment to DCV or KB or whatever, but otherwise I think using levels of shrinking or growth always on, etc. makes the most sense.

Ben, House Rule.

Always On size powers still don't address the OCV issue. I think that needs to be a part of it.

My size matrix includes all of the aspects that always on size powers would provide, plus OCV, plus some others.

The big issue is that a larger creature is easier to hit by a smaller creature, just as as smaller creature is harder to hit by a larger creature. Just because human-sized is a base +0, doesn't mean that it still shouldn't be relative.

The CV mod I use is 6pts per +/- 1. That's to both DCV and OCV, with size being the special effect. Essentially each (OCV and DCV) are 3 pts each, which also dovetails nicely into using Penalty Skill Levels to offset any DCV bonus (for attacking a smaller creature) or OCV penalty (for being a larger creature). I'm not sure this would be appropriate for Supers, but I don't see why not.

Ben, House Rule.

Always On size powers still don't address the OCV issue. I think that needs to be a part of it.

My size matrix includes all of the aspects that always on size powers would provide, plus OCV, plus some others.

The big issue is that a larger creature is easier to hit by a smaller creature, just as as smaller creature is harder to hit by a larger creature. Just because human-sized is a base +0, doesn't mean that it still shouldn't be relative.

The CV mod I use is 6pts per +/- 1. That's to both DCV and OCV, with size being the special effect. Essentially each (OCV and DCV) are 3 pts each, which also dovetails nicely into using Penalty Skill Levels to offset any DCV bonus (for attacking a smaller creature) or OCV penalty (for being a larger creature). I'm not sure this would be appropriate for Supers, but I don't see why not.

It's a good house rule. I'm going to incorporate into mine.