Lumberjane - Critique this Character

Arkham

Opinions?Ideas on what to do for 20 more disad points?Note that this is for an NPC, as she would only be fit as a PC for a reallygruesome Dark Champions game...Lumberjane

Player:
Val** Char*** Cost
40** STR 30
20** DEX 30
30** CON 40
20** BODY 20
13** INT 3
20** EGO 20
15/35** PRE 5
20** COM 5
31** PD 18
20** ED 9
4** SPD 10
14** REC 0
60** END 0
55** STUN 0
6"** RUN 0
2"** SWIM 0
13"** LEAP 5

Characteristics Cost: 195attachment.php?attachmentid=4569&stc=1&thumb=1
Cost** Power END
20** Chain Saw: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6+1 (2 1/2d6 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (35 Active Points); OIF (Chainsaw; -1/2), Only In Heroic Identity ( Must turn on chainsaw... ) (-1/4)* 1
11** She's got a CHAINSAW!!!: +20 PRE (20 Active Points); OIF (Chainsaw; -1/2), Only In Heroic Identity ( Must turn on chainsaw... ) (-1/4)*
15** Tree Sense: Retrocognitive Clairsentience (Sight, Hearing And Smell/Taste Groups And Danger Sense), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) (70 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1), Precognition/Retrocognition Only (-1), Blackout (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), OIF (Tree of Opportunity; -1/2)* 7
7** Tree Climbing: Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Only in contact with Wood (-1/2)*
10** Might of the Trees: +30 STR (30 Active Points); Only for Lifting (-2)* 3
15** Might of Oaks: Armor (5 PD/5 ED)*
Powers Cost: 78
Cost** Skill
0** Acting 8-*
3** Climbing 13-*
3** Breakfall 13-*
3** Mechanics 12-*
3** Riding 13-*
3** Tracking 12-*
3** Concealment 12-*
0** Conversation 8-*
0** Deduction 8-*
0** Paramedics 8-*
0** Persuasion 8-*
0** PS: Student 11-*
0** Shadowing 8-*
3** Stealth 13-*
6** TF: Agricultural & Construction Vehicles, Skateboarding, Skating (iceskating or rollerskating), Small Motorized Ground Vehicles, Snowboarding, Water Vehicles*
2** AK: Alaska 11-*
3** AK: Forests of California 12-*
0** Language: English (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)*
4** Language: Tree (idiomatic)*
7** Survival (Arctic/Subarctic, Arctic/Subarctic Forests, Temperate/Subtropical, Mountain, Tropical Forests) 12-*
Skills Cost: 43
Cost** Perk
12** Contact: The Trees (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact), Spirit Contact (x2) (12 Active Points) 11-*
Perks Cost: 12
Cost** Talent
22** Danger Sense (immediate vicinity, out of combat, Function as a Sense) (27 Active Points); Only when there are trees around (-1/4) 12-*
Talents Cost: 22
Val** Disadvantages
15** Reputation: Chainsaw slasher, 11- (Extreme)*
20** Enraged: Whenever she sees someone try to cut down a tree (Very Common), go 11-, recover 14-*
10** Money: Destitute*
20** Hunted: PRIMUS 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)*
20** Hunted: Police 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, Capture)*
25** Psychological Limitation: Trusts the Voices (Very Common, Total)*
20** Psychological Limitation: Prone to random bouts of weeping when reminded of parents (Common, Total)*
Disadvantage Points: 130

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 20Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 350

Height: 1.60 m Hair: Black
Weight: 49.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Young girl with a chainsaw.Personality: Janet 'Janey' London, aka Lumberjane defends the woodland from all who would despoil it.

Quote:You weren't planning on _USING_ that axe were you?Background: Little Janey London's parents were rangers who worked in many of the countries national parks. She was raised her whole life living amongst the trees and within the wilderness. Janet's mother died when Janet was fairly young, shot dead while trying to apprehend a poacher. Her father was griefstricken, but carried on as best he could. Years later, when Janey was still only 14, she was walking though the woods as she so often did. And as she walked near the borders of the park, near some land owned by a logging company, she saw some men spiking a tree. When Janey returned home, she told her father what she had seen. Logging was to begin in that area soon. Janet's father, Jack, went to meet the loggers at the site to tell them that they could not log there. There were misunderstandings which lead to arguments, and arguments which lead to fisticuffs, and the fight took a horrific turn when one of the lumberjacks started his chainsaw and cut down Janet's father.

Janet crumpled in tears, watching the atrocity from the woods. And she begged into the air for something to aid her, for something to allow her vengance against those who would take away everything she ever cared about. And a million voices whispered in her ear. "We are the trees. You have been our friend. We are the trees, and we shall give you our strength. We are the trees, and we want revenge. We are the trees, and we could not defend ourselves. You are the trees, and you can. Take the weapon of the enemy and do unto them as they have done unto us."

Powers/Tactics: Turn on the chainsaw and grin.

If they don't run, then use it...

Campaign Use: 

Re: Lumberjane - Critique this Character

Aren't female lumberjacks normally referred to as "lumberjills" ?

I don't know, I've never heard of a specific name for female lumberjacks.

And she's not really proficienct with melee weapons, just

the one she spent points on. And as she's currently 14 or

15 yo, she wouldn't have combat driving skills. Just enough

practice for the TF.

Chain saws use gas so you could consider an end reserve if you wanted to be super authentic. They also can be a bit tempermental to start (though I'm sure when the person's an expert much less so) so there's a possible activation roll if you want to go that route.

I don't really get exactly what you've got in mind with this power either:

Tree Sense: Retrocognitive Clairsentience (Sight, Hearing And Smell/Taste Groups And Danger Sense), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) (70 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1), Precognition/Retrocognition Only (-1), Blackout (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), OIF (Tree of Opportunity; -1/2)*

Is it to predict tree felling activities and uncover what happened when she comes across a clear cut area of forest? Also what is the OIF? Any tree?

Cool concept overall. I'll feel paranoid the next time I walk into the forest... :)

Chain saws use gas so you could consider an end reserve if you wanted to be super authentic. They also can be a bit tempermental to start (though I'm sure when the person's an expert much less so) so there's a possible activation roll if you want to go that route.

I don't really get exactly what you've got in mind with this power either:

Tree Sense: Retrocognitive Clairsentience (Sight, Hearing And Smell/Taste Groups And Danger Sense), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) (70 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1), Precognition/Retrocognition Only (-1), Blackout (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), OIF (Tree of Opportunity; -1/2)*

Is it to predict tree felling activities and uncover what happened when she comes across a clear cut area of forest? Also what is the OIF? Any tree?

Cool concept overall. I'll feel paranoid the next time I walk into the forest... :)

I tried to give the chainsaw a 1 hour fuel charge, but Hero Designer had a problem with that. I hadn't thought

of using an end reserve. I'll modify that when I get home tonight.

The tree sense is suppose to represent a part of Lumberjane's connection to the trees to let her experience

anything that a particular tree had experienced. I didn't use 'Only through the eyes of another' because

technically trees don't have eyes. And that explains the OIF too, she needs a tree to be there to see what

happened near that tree sometime in its past.

Thank you!