Based On INT

Foxx!

Re: Based On INT

Couple of options

1 I wouldnt cos Int is to cheap for /3 ICV

2 Make Int cost the same as Ego ( screws with the system but totally justified in my oppinion)

3 Based on int/5, skill levels have a use.

4 buy attack vs unususl def ( Int CV). should lower the Horror factor of what you want to do.

Its just that for contests of Int a character with 8pts ( costing only 8 rts ) higher gets +3 turning 50/50 into 90/10 for success, this is just going to lead to a war of stats.

PS i like the Battle Royale avatar

Do mean a Mental Power works against INT, but still is targeted with ECV? Or a Power that is targeted using INT Combat Value?

I'd say that BOICV, for a Mental Power, would be a +1 Advantage. If you just want the effect to go against INT+Metnal Defense instead of EGO+Mental Defense, I'd just go with a +0 or +1/4, depending on which Characteristic is usually higher in your campaign.

Do mean a Mental Power works against INT, but still is targeted with ECV? Or a Power that is targeted using INT Combat Value?

I'd say that BOICV, for a Mental Power, would be a +1 Advantage. If you just want the effect to go against INT+Metnal Defense instead of EGO+Mental Defense, I'd just go with a +0 or +1/4, depending on which Characteristic is usually higher in your campaign.

Dust Raven:

I mean a Mental Power that uses INT the same way a Mental Power Based On CON uses CON: it uses ECV and Mental Defence but applies against INT and uses INT rolls to break out. Quick thinking and perception help, not a strong will.

Though this is my first time getting advice directly from you, I've often been helped by your advice in other threads.

Cheers

Dust Raven:

I mean a Mental Power that uses INT the same way a Mental Power Based On CON uses CON: it uses ECV and Mental Defence but applies against INT and uses INT rolls to break out. Quick thinking and perception help, not a strong will.

In this case, I'd probably make it a +1/4 if EGO is usually higher in your campaign, or a -0 if EGO and INT are about equal or if INT is usually a bit higher. A -1/4 might be appropriate if INT is significently higher on average.

Though this is my first time getting advice directly from you, I've often been helped by your advice in other threads.

Cheers

Glad I could help! :)