DCV penalty to dodge?

I was working on a few powers, and I realized something. Some powers would technically be easier to hit with (which can be handled with Skills), but some would be harder to avoid. Now, in this situation Area (one Hex) would be overkill, but Negative Combat Skill levels seem off (since they apply for a period of time, if I remember correctly).

Now, the obvious solution would be to simply add skill levels (since there wouldn't be a difference in the dice roll either way), but I was wondering about the fact that situations that halve the defenders DCV would also make the penalty less (since it'd probably apply first). I was considering making this a new Advantage/Limitation on Combat Skill Levels: Penalizes DCV instead, but I'm not sure if this should be a +0, -1/4, or what. What are people's opinion on this?

Re: DCV penalty to dodge?

I was working on a few powers, and I realized something. Some powers would technically be easier to hit with (which can be handled with Skills), but some would be harder to avoid. Now, in this situation Area (one Hex) would be overkill, but Negative Combat Skill levels seem off (since they apply for a period of time, if I remember correctly).

Now, the obvious solution would be to simply add skill levels (since there wouldn't be a difference in the dice roll either way), but I was wondering about the fact that situations that halve the defenders DCV would also make the penalty less (since it'd probably apply first). I was considering making this a new Advantage/Limitation on Combat Skill Levels: Penalizes DCV instead, but I'm not sure if this should be a +0, -1/4, or what. What are people's opinion on this?

I would go with a -0, since presumably situations where the OCV is reduced by half will not effect these levels. Sounds like a mechanical wash to me.

Thanks. About what I thought, I just wanted to verify. I'm using a Multipower to create a "super martial arts" type of ability, and its helpful to be able to apply that sort of thing. Now I just need to decide how to give the user minus's to DCV in the same way. I guess that'll take a bit more work. ¬_¬

You could also use change environment, limited to the area that the character can act in. If he's hth type, then it'll be a small CE area, if he's a ranged type, it'd be a wider CE area. Kind of a sphere of control thing, representing tactical genius or the like.

EDIT: Of course, you'd need to have some kind of selective advantage tacked on to do it w/CE unless you want to screw up your own teammates...d'oh!