what character concepts -HAVE- Gm's allowed that you thought they wouldn't?

animemun001

Re: what character concepts -HAVE- Gm's allowed that you thought they wouldn't?

Zornwil is amazingly tolerant. :D How many GMs would allow a PC have a megascale Mind Control? :whistle:

Zornwil is a Champion of the People.

[and I'm adding more mental defenses.]

Guest Worldmaker

Zornwil is amazingly tolerant. :D How many GMs would allow a PC have a megascale Mind Control? :whistle:

Jeez... I once let a guy play a character with Megascaled Force Wall, but Mind Control? Yikes...

Let's be fair, lemming, and you should indicate the limitations of that MC... :)

Anyway, suffice to say, it works out well, primarily it adds color rather than has any big game impact.

I was surprised that Zornwil let The Troll/Eliot Sihn into his game.

The character was a very dark character developed for a previous dark game who proved a bit too dark for the GM. His original design was for a vigilante-type who was far more brutal than the thugs he faced. He was supposed to instill fear into their hearts, partly through his powers, and partly through his stunted understanding of morality.

His sfx was "super regeneration." He could detach body parts and use them for various things. He could rip out his eye, will it to develop spindly spider legs, and send it off to spy (or stow an extra eye under a couch in case he got flashed.). He could pull his ear off and stick it in someone's pocket. He could pull off his hand and throw it. He could yank off his left arm and beat criminals into unconsciousness. All of his body parts had some degree of sentience, and he had a mind link with them when they were separated. Doing all of this hurt the same as it would normally hurt if a normal person got his eye gouged out. This tended to make him more than a little crazed, and, in my interpretation, tended to blur his ideas about how criminals should be treated.

Zornwil didn't bat an eye.

The character has entirely reformed now. Or has he..?

In some ways I come from a darker rather than 4-color background, so even my lighter campaigns accomodate relatively dark characters. Though as you could tell I changed the bar a bit for the Russian one. Sorry about that one.

Jeez... I once let a guy play a character with Megascaled Force Wall' date=' but Mind Control? Yikes...[/quote']

See my response to lemming - it's not quite what you'd think -

Let's be fair, lemming, and you should indicate the limitations of that MC... :)

Anyway, suffice to say, it works out well, primarily it adds color rather than has any big game impact.

:D Ok, it's very limited and limited effects. (The Megascale headache is a Change Enviroment on the other hand. And only cuts INT rolls by -3 or so. Hardly any effect on the super geniuses...)

His sfx was "super regeneration." He could detach body parts and use them for various things. He could rip out his eye, will it to develop spindly spider legs, and send it off to spy (or stow an extra eye under a couch in case he got flashed.). ...

Maybe he *should* have. Golf club'd work too, in a pinch.

Oh, My LORD!!!

That was hilarious, and yet the "origin" and his unusual status are terrifying.

Please congratulate her for me. I was laughing so hard I nearly cried.

Heh. I haven't ever created a totally bizarre or marginally unacceptable character, but my wife has. In point of fact, she's playing one right now. I was sure her GM would bounce this character submission higher than the moon, but nope...

Check this out. I'm still shaking my head over it.

Great avatar!

I was allowed to make up my own character "race" when Outsider started his fantasy campaign. My initial idea morphed a bit- according to some things I read, A Neanderthal man stood about 5'4", weighed about 200lbs, and would have probably qualified for the olympics in many events. So I wondered, what would one be like who had access to near modern levels of nutrition and protein?

So I envisioned a 6'6" character, with one level of growth :)

This later morphed into kind of a half-ogre

a guy with one level of growth, and he ended up almost 8' tall. He had a 20 dex, started with a 28 strength (went to 30 soon) had a 3 speed. 13 int, 10 ego, 19 con iirc. I described him as having the reactions of a Cat, but being too big to be quick. Later I bought his speed up to 4, after some 50 experience, iirc.

He was a foundling, raised as a charity case by the Seneschal of the castle. Everyone believed he was retarded, because when he was found at age 6, he could barely talk, was clumsy, etc. Eventually they figured out that he was really only 2 when they found him, but he went through a lot before that happened. Due to who his adopted father was, he learned at least familiarity with trading and cooking. Both of these came in handy later, when I drove Outsider crazy by rolling a 3 to detect the poison in my stew, and several rolls of 3-5 when trading rare metals to merchants. :)

IIRC he had a little martial art that was basically block/strike/ grab with most kinds of basic weapons. (He probably shouldn't have been allowed the combination) He carried a falchion, a francisca, a couple javelins in a quiver, and when he had the money for them he carried a couple of cocoanuts in a bag on his belt. He liked to eat them, and they were handy for throwing too.

He was very much a fish out of water. He had been knighted (raised naiively in a Feudal society, he believed that Knights were paragons of Chivalry, and the greatest thing one could aspire to) Knighting him kept him quiet, and he was handy to have around. He tried to live an Honorable life, but he never quite understood the whole thing. :)

He had grown up as the "companion" to the lords daughter, and so OF COURSE he was totally in love with her. When the son of the assinine lord Peuce from the neighboring territory was trying to "take Liberties" John hit him. ONce. Broke his neck... (THere is no proof that he haymakered ;:))

So, to keep peace, he was banished. He kept in touch, and if needed he would go through an army to get back to help, but...

Then about 2 years later David Webber wrote "Oath of Swords" and I realized what I had been incompetently trying to play. :(

The character was a very dark character developed for a previous dark game who proved a bit too dark for the GM. His original design was for a vigilante-type who was far more brutal than the thugs he faced. He was supposed to instill fear into their hearts, partly through his powers, and partly through his stunted understanding of morality.

His sfx was "super regeneration." He could detach body parts and use them for various things. He could rip out his eye, will it to develop spindly spider legs, and send it off to spy (or stow an extra eye under a couch in case he got flashed.). He could pull his ear off and stick it in someone's pocket. He could pull off his hand and throw it. He could yank off his left arm and beat criminals into unconsciousness. All of his body parts had some degree of sentience, and he had a mind link with them when they were separated. Doing all of this hurt the same as it would normally hurt if a normal person got his eye gouged out. This tended to make him more than a little crazed, and, in my interpretation, tended to blur his ideas about how criminals should be treated.

The character has entirely reformed now. Or has he..?