The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

"When it is said that we disturb people too much by the words pacifism and anarchism, I can only think that people need to be disturbed, that their consciences need to be aroused, that they do indeed need to look into their work, and study new techniques of love and poverty and suffering for each other. Of course the remedies are drastic, but then too the evil is a terrible one and we are all involved, we are all guilty, and most certainly we are all going to suffer." - Dorothy Day

"[Colonial rule] is thus revealed in its most loathsome aspects. It is seen nakedly as existing by terrorism, as recruited by hunger, as denying the most fundamental rights of political and social freedom. It is the perfect fruit of capitalism. The capitalist system came into this world covered with mud and blood, and dirt. It has its origin in the forcible theft of the common lands, the property of all, and the sanctification of that theft by laws made by robbers to legalise their robbery. At every stage of its progress it has been nourished upon the unpaid toil of the workers, and its state machinery is ever oiled with the blood of the poor." - James Connoly

"The illusion of freedom in America will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theatre." - Frank Zappa

Well' date=' the MD Faire lasts for 3 more weeks, so I still have more chances to go.[/quote']

Good luck.

I had a sucky night last night and AM today.

Last night I found myself still wrestling with my music PC being attacked by vicious adware. I got rid of all but one thing, I THINK, and I think I know where that is now. But a big freaking waste of precious time and ultimately a little sleep.

Then this AM, partly from that, I, mostly asleep, hit the snooze several times until my wife got annoyed, so she woke up grumpy, so I got grumpy.

It's bad when you're happier being at work. Oh, well, tonight will be better...right? :angst:

Hey, the old man conservative himself speaks. Nothing wrong with that. Although not that I agree with Goldwater on some things, but it's interesting to see the betrayal of the conservative movement as it's occurred. And it happened just around the same time liberal leaders betrayed their ideals as well.

Ah, another thing to just blame the freaking '70s on.

"American conservatism works from the premise that a system of economic anarchy coupled with social intolerance is the true road to liberty' date=' freedom and fairness." -- Walter Cronkite[/quote']

Why would one want Cronkite on their side, I wonder?

Besides, I really wonder why so many people can't discuss ideologies with some level of dispassionate nature. I wonder why people who believe in tolerance in particular would be so intolerant.

I am not addressing you specifically WM. I am generally cranking away.

I love how if you don't believe in the government helping people you're a horrible miserable bastard who obviously wants the destruction or at least the exploitation of the lower classes.

I love how if you don't believe the government should get involved in morality you're encouraging the degeneration of mankind into a cesspool of iniquity, let alone without moral convictions.

I love how if you criticize the war you're an unpatriotic soldier-killer.

I love how if you support the war you support killing babies.

Yes, it's good we can have irrational discussions on the issues of the day and realize that we must all have horribly black-hearted intent.

Cranky enough yet?

You know what... politics bashing makes me cranky. Especially when its one idiot pulling random quotes out of his ass to make himself seem somehow... oh... intelligent?

I count two people citing quotations that bash specific political ideals. Worldmaker was bashing conservatives, Thrakazog was bashing liberals, and I was bashing capitalism and war. Both liberals and conservatives support both.

Only the signature applied to you' date=' horned bunny.[/quote']

Yes, I got that, it's somewhat obvious.

No, I mean, who is the one idiot? So you've elminated me as a suspect (though I hadn't considered myself one, since I didn't fit the charge), but that still leaves 2 people you could be referring to, Thrak and Worldmaker.

You don't know my history' date=' do you?[/quote']

You are a 34 year old Capricorn who likes the Fantastic Four, gewing, and not me. That is the sum total of everything I know about you. I could do more research by reading everything you've ever posted, try to discern your bias, determine if it is personal or political, and then make an educated guess as to which of the two posters in question you are more likely to consider an idiot. Or I could just ask you.

So, which is it?

Guest Worldmaker

You know what... politics bashing makes me cranky. Especially when its one idiot pulling random quotes out of his ass to make himself seem somehow... oh... intelligent?

Jackalope, he's not using my name directly because he knows that if he gets reported one more time Ben Seeman is likely going to ban him for life. Skaramine blames me, for some reason, for his past mental breakdowns during which he basically exploded into violent profanity attacks with no discernable cause except his own paranoid rantings.

Jackalope' date=' he's not using my name directly because he knows that if he gets reported one more time Ben Seeman is likely going to ban him for life.[/quote']

Wait...that means he thinks Thrakazog is even-handed? :rofl:

Skaramine blames me, for some reason, for his past mental breakdowns during which he basically exploded into violent profanity attacks with no discernable cause except his own paranoid rantings.

I'm sure you had nothing to do with it all. I mean, you're so easy to get along with, and not ever even the slightest bit aggravating. :straight: