Generic Power Nullifiers

Metaphysician

Re: Generic Power Nullifiers

However' date=' it is explicitly *not* good enough to custom create metahumans and manipulate their genetic basis. *That* would be the level of genetic technology needed to nullify powers on a genetic level.[/quote']

By what criteria are you basing these assumptions on? I would like to know.

By what criteria are you basing these assumptions on? I would like to know.

How about the fact that all efforts to create full scale superhumans to date have had only intermittent unduplicable success?? The only exception I can name is the Cyberline treatment, which is required metahuman DNA as a basis and is only usable on people who are compatible. If they fully understood the genetic basis, they should be able to insert metagenes into anyone, or activate mutant powers in anyone.

If they fully understood the genetic basis' date=' they should be able to insert metagenes into anyone, or activate mutant powers in anyone.[/quote']

The old PRIMUS source material maybe little out date now . Scott's new book, Villainy Amok, has scenarios involving the genetic creation of superpowers in normals in the Champions Universe.

:rockon:

It's getting time to start cranking away on Villainy Amok, which is scheduled for publication late this year. -------------

The currently planned scenarios include ----------------------------

-- "Ask Your Doctor If Metatron Is Right For You" (Thugs Take A Drug To Give Them Superpowers... With Terrible Side Effects)

I'm referring specifically to technological power nullifiers. The kind that tend to get put in super prisons.

Here's an idea for your generic power nullifier, that has a tech base. Try a technological gateway to a pocket dimension where the physical and metaphysical laws simply don't support the powers of the individuals contained within. It's a bit hard to use one's powers when the reality one is immersed in doesn't support them. Basically something that could be called . Of course you'd definitely want to be cafeful with that one, as it's also technically a fudge, but altering reality generally does the trick in most instances.

Just my .01 the irs took the other one

As a side note' date=' in my current game, Scorpia, along with Durak and Mentalla, was taken out rather quickly in the first big battle of my "Dread Whispers" adventure All three villains were captured. Oddly enough, my brother's hero, Union Jack, has Scorpia as a hunted. Chances are, she will be incarcerated for a long time. Lovely that the Disad has become null and void so quickly into the game. I am wondering if I should let Union Jack keep the hunted by Scorpia after this.[/quote']

Absolutely. Remember, all a hunted has to do is show up now and again (based on the frequency) and mess with the character (based on the severity). Scorpia is likely looking at a long and complicated trial, especially if she(?) gets herself a top notch lawyer trying to reinvigorate a flagging career. When the lawyer calls Union Jack as a witness for the defense and starts turning all the facts around, in a very publicized trial, I think those Hunted points are being well spent.

Just a suggestion.

psionic Nullier prison requirement

Mental Defense 30pt's

Two-way Defense -1/2,OIF:collar -1/2,must have psionic powers -0

Mental Resistance 75%

two-way Defense -1/2,OIF:collar -1/2,wearer must have psionic powers -0

Grand Total: 450,000$ for a prison set of 100.

These handy dandy Anti-Psi collars are great against inmates of high psionic nature.

Currently these powerful collars are available only to use against those with psionic powers as it is their powers that feed the battery system.

OOC: basically these collars are designed so that smart villians can escape by getting help from there fellow inmates by rewiring and removal.

Also you could design the prison rooms with 15d6 dispel against any one special effect power. the villian/hero/person could see there powers being cancelled out by the room and would have to think.

hmm i guess it all depends on your pseudo science explination if all super powers work by drawing energy from another dimension and the various origins are just explanations of how the ability to harness the extradimensional energy. in that case you could nullify all powers with a field that boosted teh barriers between the dimensions.

on the other hand if all the powers come from some internal energy source then a device that absorbed abnormaly high energy or supprressed that internal power source would nutralize powers.

Here's an idea for your generic power nullifier, that has a tech base. Try a technological gateway to a pocket dimension where the physical and metaphysical laws simply don't support the powers of the individuals contained within. It's a bit hard to use one's powers when the reality one is immersed in doesn't support them. Basically something that could be called . Of course you'd definitely want to be cafeful with that one, as it's also technically a fudge, but altering reality generally does the trick in most instances.

Just my .01 the irs took the other one

Yeah, that could work, if you can keep the gate open from your side. Problem being its essentially the same problem as mentioned: only people in the ubergenius class could produce such a gadget, and probably not en masse.