TUB and Anime/Manga

yamamura

Having looked through my copy of TUB today I got a thinking. How would one design STR Reduction devices like A-ko and Maris the Chojo the Super Gal? I was thinking of a supress only usable on one self (streching the rule?) with a set effect and either OIF or IIF. Any Ideas?

G

PS It could also work with some one who desn't know their own STR.

Re: TUB and Anime/Manga

I guess it would depend on how you see the "strength reduction" working. In the example of A-ko, it's not so much that the armbands reduce her strength, as that they help her control its use so that she doesn't inadvertently smash things.

Michael Surbrook's writeup for A-ko on his wonderful website, "Surbrook's Stuff," defines this as a Physical Limitation: "STR Is Not Under Her Full Control If Arm Bands Are Removed (I, G)." You can see the full writeup here.

BTW if you love manga/anime and HERO System, Surbrook's Stuff is a dream come true. If you haven't checked it out yet I highly recommend it. :)

Another character who might benefit from a reading of TUB is Mink, of Dragon Half. As a half-dragon., she does have incredible strength, as well as the ability to breathe fire. I've only seen the anime and not the manga, so io don't know if she can fly with those cute little wings of hers.

Oddly enough, Mink wants to give up her powers and become fully human so she can marry the man who has sworn to kill her, Dick Saucer. Hey, she's a love-struck teenager! What can you expect?

Mink with some "brick trick" powers could be truly devastating.

There's a whole spitload of anime characters who could benefit from The Ultimate Brick:

Ryoko: No Need for Tenchi

Iczer-1, Iczer-2 and Iczer-3: Fight! Iczer-1 and Adventure! Iczer-3

Pai Thunder (classic brick!): Dangaio

Nuku Nuku: Multi-cultural cat-girl Nuku Nuku

Moldiver

The list continues..