IDD and PRE, EB, etc.

If Increased Damage Differentiation (from TUB) applies to STR, couldn't it apply equally well to PRE (for Presence Attacks), Energy Blast, Mental Powers, and other abilities -- even to EGO for purposes of breaking out of Mental Paralysis?

(It seems to me that it should; I just want to make sure.)

Re: IDD and PRE, EB, etc.

What's Increased Damage Differentiation?
It's a finer breakdown of damage for STR. Basically for 2 points you get +1 pip of damage (12 STR = 2d6+1), or for 4 points you get +1d6-1 (14 STR = 3d6-1).

I'd been hoping for an official ruling from Steve, so I'd know how likely it would be to see it in HD if I asked nicely.... ;)

I've toyed with something similar in the past, but even more granular.

+1 STR = +1 damage

+2 STR = 1-2 damage

+3 STR = 1/2d6

+4 STR = 1d6-1 damage

+5 STR = 1d6 damage

Works for PRE, EB, etc. You can also apply it to other attacks at 2 point (10 point per d6 powers) or 3 point (15 point per d6 powers) increments rather than the current 5 point incements.

It's a finer breakdown of damage for STR. Basically for 2 points you get +1 pip of damage (12 STR = 2d6+1), or for 4 points you get +1d6-1 (14 STR = 3d6-1).

I'd been hoping for an official ruling from Steve, so I'd know how likely it would be to see it in HD if I asked nicely.... ;)

I don't see why not. Now go tell Dan to put it into HD... :D

Seriously something like that seems fine, but is definitely more housekeeping. I'd be inclined not to bother with it though only out of convenience - I could just as easily see being inclined to take it if the player made a halfway reasonable case.