Bulldozer Curiosity

CrosshairCollie

Re: Bulldozer Curiosity

I was flipping through CKC the other night, and I noticed that Bulldozer had lost one of his 4E Disadvantages ... taking double STUN damage from women in hand to hand combat.

I'm trying to decide if I want to give it back to him ... did anybody else decide for/against doing this?

I was disapointed by that as well at first. Half the fun was watching my players eyes light up with delight as the blowhard keeled over from a good solid slap from some lady he'd insulted.

If I recall, there is a note under Personality/Motivation of him talking possible extra damage from a female character's FIRST blow. I plan to use that for certain.

My money says that's the reason it got dropped -- he was effectively eliminated if there was a female PC. So when I rewrote him I fiated the "x2 STUN from first blow" thing, it's enough to be in-character without hosing him.

I also decided that I wanted him to be a full 350 character, but make up the 60-point difference in a "useless" way. The result was Absolute Self-Confidence -- 32 points of hardened & resistant Power Defense. Now all I need is an excuse for it to come into play :sneaky:

Well, Bulldozer was useless if there was a female PC martial artist or brick-type. While a 4d6 attack doubled to 8d6 would be felt (with his old stats, at least), he'd still be standing.

Now ... what we need to do is give Bulldozer the Power Cosmic and watch players' jaws drop when Bulldozer gets the ability to throw Grond around like a ragdoll ... and let them find a way to trick the idiot into losing his powers since they can't beat him in a straight fight. It's a classic. ;)

I think I like the 'doubled first blow' effect better myself, as Bulldozer, while stupid, isn't so stupid as to let his guard down once he realizes that dame's actually got a bit of steel in her. Not that it'll do any good, 'cause no one's as strong as he is! :eyeroll:

At the risk of introducing stereotypes in a bad way, I'd extend this effect to male characters that Bulldozer thinks are effete or, let's put it bluntly, 'faggy'. They might be openly gay, or they could just be foppish.