Best way to do this?

SuperBlue

Okay, I've come up with a character concept where the Character is a small boy super-genius who has developed a sentient combat armor.

I plan on building it as the Robot being a base form, and the child is a Duplication (best way to represent the SFX of user/armor).

Anyway.. how would I simulate that the Armor has it's own Psych Limits (Loyal to the boy) but would also have the boy's Psych limit's while the boy is directly operating it. The armor can function as an autonomous robot with the boy giving it voice commands or piloting by remote (via mindlink) if he has to send the robot into situations that are too risky for himself (such as a radiation feild when he hasn't sheilded the cockpit against dangerous radiation).

Or should I just buy the child as a follower?

Re: Best way to do this?

have you considered buying the armor as a vehicle and an AI' date=' or a Automaton Follower and an AI?[/quote']

Problem with it being a Vehical is that only the boy can pilot it (it's designed for someone of his build and is very complicated to use).

Automaton Follower? How would I represent the fact that he can climb inside of it and pilot it, and that it has to obey his every command?

Sorry, I missed your response, that is why I didn't post soon.

Problem with it being a Vehical is that only the boy can pilot it (it's designed for someone of his build and is very complicated to use).

In this case I would invoke the common sense, dramatic sense, and game balance rule, and ask your GM if he would allow you to classify the vehicle as "personal" in the same way a focus is. It would have all the same benefits and draw backs that a personal focus has.

Automaton Follower? How would I represent the fact that he can climb inside of it and pilot it' date=' and that it has to obey his every command?[/quote']

You buy the Automaton's BODY and DEF with the UBO at the same time advantage. As for having to obey the character's every command that is inherent in being an Automaton. Per 5E page 310, Automatons have no free will and can only act in following orders.

I'm not saying that these are the best ways to build things necessarily, but I thought they might give you some food for thought.

Combind is the character: Multiform/Duplication for when they are seperate' date=' you buy the MF on the combined character, then the MF buys the Dup.[/quote']

A possible way to simplify this, if your GM will allow it, would be to buy the child with all the powers he would have when wearing the armor as the base form, and the automaton version of the armor as the Duplicate. Put some limitations on the armor powers to represent that only the robot can use them while Duplicated. Depending on your GM and the wording/value of the limitation, you may not have to pay as much in the way of "Altered Duplicate" modifier.