New PRIMUS teams

Mark Rand

Re: New PRIMUS teams

"April, we're both gymnasts," Terry said. "Why don't we work out together once you've finished with the Vintage?"

"I'd love that," April said.

"Good. Beth, I've thought over your training plan and it looks interesting. Were you thinking of a sneak attack or one where you kick the door in and start shooting?"

"Both," Beth replied. "Of course, we'll use paint ball weapons."

"Fine. Beth, how are your stealth skills?"

"Pathetic, compared to April and Christine," Beth replied. "Terry, I'm a regular intelligence agent. April's a ninja and Christine was a cat burglar for the CIA. I could never match their skills."

"Likewise," Mariko admitted. "Terry, Beth's an athlete, So am I, if you consider cheerleading athletics. However, we don't have the training and experience they do."

"Then, its settled," Terry said. "April, Christine, you two train together until you're sure you're ready. Then, you two train Beth and Mariko. Since we have access to the other reality, we should use it as a training area as well as living quarters."

"Understood, Terry," April said. "Did you know that the dimension is still getting new buildings?"

"I read the report," Terry replied. "It'll be interesting to see what arrives there next."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next morning, April, Beth, Christine, Denise, Mariko and Rhonda met in the conference room before heading for the pocket reality. April and Christine were in black, Beth and Mariko were in jeans, tee shirts and running shoes, and Denise and Rhonda were in scrubs.

As they walked to the apartment building, the air shimmered and a hedge wall with trees beyond it and a gate appeared just beyond it. Beside it appeared another structure, the Washinbgton Monument.

"This is weird," Mariko said.

"Yeah," Christine said the air shimmered in four places and a motorcycle with two people on it, a public bus, an airport shuttle bus and a bus from an Islamic community group appeared on the streets.

"I'll radio Terry and let her know what's going on," Beth said. April, Christine, time to be sneaky again."

"I hear you," April said as she and Christine adjusted their masks and trotted toward the airport shuttle.

"Airline passangers and stewardesses," Christine said.

"Uniform's United's from the late 1960s," April added.

"Can we do anything?" Rhonda asked as she and Denise arrived.

"Check for pulses if you want," Christine replied. After inspecting the bus and finding nothing unusual, they headed for the motorcycle. "Two women wearing long gloves and bandana masks."

"I saw a picture in National Geographic that had two Vietnamese women dressed this way," April said. "According to the caption, its to keep the heat off them."

"I see. The public bus next, April."

"Okay, Christine." They entered and aside from the bus driver saw two school guards, eight waitresses and people in normal clothes. They went to the Islamic community group's bus next. Everyone inside was in traditional Islamic garb. After looking around, they left and went to the hedge wall's gate and entered.

"Mariko, Beth, you should see this."

"Coming, Christine," Beth said. "When they entered, both women gasped. They were in a Japanese garden complete with a lake, wooden bridges and a tea house.

Since I'm not sure how many of you are interested in the details of the examination of the base's pocket universe, I'm considering ending the investigation here and starting two new threads. One covers the heroes and key PRIMUS Pittsburgh personal and the other covers the base and what the heroes will see when they tour the pocket reality. Both will be revised versions of what's here.

Comments are requested.

Don't forget that a new superhero base could be a boost to the local economy, as skilled contractors are needed to build the base, and tourism brings in locals and out-of-towners. One of the Senators from the Keystone State could have lobbied heavily on Pittsburgh's behalf -- the equivalent of having an army base in town . . .

Don't forget that a new superhero base could be a boost to the local economy' date=' as skilled contractors are needed to build the base, and tourism brings in locals and out-of-towners. One of the Senators from the Keystone State could have lobbied heavily on Pittsburgh's behalf -- the equivalent of having an army base in town . . .[/quote']

Very true.

• 1 year later...