Second Piece of Equipment

Zanthis

Where does the +5 pts for a second piece of equipment rule come from? I've seen it called a house rule, but I also see mention of it in the FAQ under Multi-Power Attacks.

I honestly cannot imagine how, in anything but the most basic and simple case, this can be balanced. Especially when used with limitations such as Charges or Independent. Am I missing something? It just seems to scream to be abused.

-Zanthis

Re: Second Piece of Equipment

Where does the +5 pts for a second piece of equipment rule come from? I've seen it called a house rule, but I also see mention of it in the FAQ under Multi-Power Attacks.

I honestly cannot imagine how, in anything but the most basic and simple case, this can be balanced. Especially when used with limitations such as Charges or Independent. Am I missing something? It just seems to scream to be abused.

-Zanthis

Thje rule itself is in the core rulebook, though book not in front of me so i cannot cite page.

AFAIK, the +5 is the price after all limitations, so when you buy the first piece, you apply all appropriate costs, then for +5 pts, you get an extra item.

of course, the Gm can simply refuse to allow it in cases where he feels it is inappropriate.

Thanks for the reference page. I think I'm just going to have to disallow this, since otherwise I'll have to apply STOP power level review to any use of it.

-Zanthis

It does seem ripe for abuse. Definitely one to be reviewed before being allowed into my games, especially where the item has charges.

Ok, I hate to reply to myself, but this thought just cracked me up:

Hero: Agent 64-Shot

6d6 RKA (90 Active), OAF:Hand Gun (-1), Charges(8x2 Clips) (-0) 45 Points

x64 Hand Guns: Gadget Rule (5 points per double of total) 30 points

Extra Limbs (62 extra arms) 5 points

Total 80 points

Add 15 or so CSL with Hand Guns, maybe some Lightning Reflexes: Hand Guns, combat Sense, and pump his Speed to 12. Probably want to add Affects Desolidfied and Penetrating and/or AP just in case.

Now I can MPA with 64 guns every phase ;p

Sorry, you can go back to the rest of the board. Although...maybe I should enter him in the Grudge Match.

-Zanthis

I would be more concerned with...

4d6 RKA -1 OAF 16 c = 30 rp

4d6 RKA -1 OAF -1/2 8c 24 rp +5 rp one more gun = 29 rp

Now i have the same total charges plus the ability to MPA two shots at once for -1 cp.

Ok, I hate to reply to myself, but this thought just cracked me up:

Hero: Agent 64-Shot

6d6 RKA (90 Active), OAF:Hand Gun (-1), Charges(8x2 Clips) (-0) 45 Points

x64 Hand Guns: Gadget Rule (5 points per double of total) 30 points

Extra Limbs (62 extra arms) 5 points

Total 80 points

Add 15 or so CSL with Hand Guns, maybe some Lightning Reflexes: Hand Guns, combat Sense, and pump his Speed to 12. Probably want to add Affects Desolidfied and Penetrating and/or AP just in case.

Now I can MPA with 64 guns every phase ;p

Sorry, you can go back to the rest of the board. Although...maybe I should enter him in the Grudge Match.

-Zanthis

Save yourself some points. Make it 1 pip RKA, with 4 levels of Penerating, Affects Desolid, 1 hex accurate. 20 AP, 10 RP. Assuming he fires half his guns in an MPA, the target takes 32 BOD. Fire them all and he takes 64 BOD. Why would you need more?

Perfect! Now, I just need to add Duplicate. How many duplicates of himself can be built on 350 points I wonder.

-Zanthis

Spend the 350 on a 1,750 point multiform and give the multiform Duplication with Cannot Rcombine. :lol:

[Hey, I'm not your GM - I hope... :angst: ]

I would be more concerned with...

4d6 RKA -1 OAF 16 c = 30 rp

4d6 RKA -1 OAF -1/2 8c 24 rp +5 rp one more gun = 29 rp

Now i have the same total charges plus the ability to MPA two shots at once for -1 cp.

Unless you've also paid for Ambidexterity half of your attacks will be at -3 OCV (or all of your MPAs). Either that or you have to spend a 1/2 Phase switching weapons when one runs our of charges.

Save yourself some points. Make it 1 pip RKA' date=' with 4 levels of Penerating, Affects Desolid, 1 hex accurate. 20 AP, 10 RP. Assuming he fires half his guns in an MPA, the target takes 32 BOD. Fire them all and he takes 64 BOD. Why would you need more?[/quote']

This sounds like Spiky Ball ... a vehicle I built but was never allowed to use... 1pip RKA, No Range Penality, x10 Penetrating, Affects Desol, AoE: Hex... +50pts in Equipment Doubling gets you 1,024 of the suckers.

Dodge That.

All cases of Equipment Doubling should be looked at very very closely. It's a useful rule, I do like and use it, but definately a STOP rule, as all Optional Rules tend to be.