Star wars Hero campaign thoughts

Dan Brown

I'm thinking of starting a star wars hero campaign and was brainstorming some ideas:

150 pt, 75 from disads.

The Force: A fixed slot multipower, no charges allowed

Weapons: Blasters- straight EB's, bought with money

Slugthrowers- RKA's, bought with money

Lightsabers-EKA's with penetrating, character must pay points for, allowed to be used as a wepon element for Martial Arts

Hit locations used

I'll think of more...Thoughts?

Re: Star wars Hero campaign thoughts

Thanks guys...yeah I've seen the other threads and was going to try the things I had put in my post and see how they playtest. I don't like KA's for Blasters for instance hence the EB. I was just wondering what people thought of my direction.

Dan

Well Dan, unless you have Blasters with high damage yields (10D6N or higher) you won't have very many blaster-related deaths in your game. Killing even Stormtroopers would be difficult, unless their armor is completely pathetic and they have 8 body or less. Though, K.O.'s should be common enough. If this is what you are going for, it should work just fine though.

The Force as a Multipower works great. I don't know about fixed slots only, but it should be fine.

Lightsabre as Energy Killing Attack...but which kind? RKA or HKA. I'm one of the few that support the HKA model. Penetrating should work fine, but you might want to make it double Pen, unless there are no hardened armors in your campaign. Another option is to allow the player designing the Lightsabre to decide if its AP or Pen or how much damage it does (with a limit, of course) the difficulty of building the lightsabre determined by its active point total divided by 10 or 5 (depending on how difficult you want building a sabre to be). That way a Padawan about to take on the trials might build himself a barebones Lightsabre (2D6K, Ap, +1 Stunx) but a Master Jedi of 20+ years might make himself a superior weapon (3D6K AVLD vs FF Does Body).

I'm thinking of starting a star wars hero campaign and was brainstorming some ideas:

150 pt, 75 from disads.

seems good to me

The Force: A fixed slot multipower, no charges allowed

I use a multi-power, but allow some to be multi-slots. For example, telekinesis, telepathy, or lightsabre combat can be multi; but concentration (extra skill levels), running, or leaping are ultra slots, so i can limit the power levels there

Weapons: Blasters- straight EB's, bought with money

Slugthrowers- RKA's, bought with money

Lightsabers-EKA's with penetrating, character must pay points for, allowed to be used as a wepon element for Martial Arts

I use EB's of 4-7 dice for most pistols and hunting blasters; I use RKA's for military carbines, rifles, and heavy blasters to represent the seriousness of military hardware and the manner in which most people go down with one hit from a rifle or carbine in the movies regardless of location. Any blaster can be optionally made stun only (ANH: "shot to stun")

Hit locations used

I'll think of more...Thoughts?

I agree on hit locations, if you want, i can email you my equipment lists and alien species conversions. BTW, for lightsabre's I use a 4d6 RKA, No Range, x2 AP

Well Dan, unless you have Blasters with high damage yields (10D6N or higher) you won't have very many blaster-related deaths in your game. Killing even Stormtroopers would be difficult, unless their armor is completely pathetic and they have 8 body or less. Though, K.O.'s should be common enough. If this is what you are going for, it should work just fine though.

I was bouncing off the Blaster pistol listing on pg 332 of Fifth that says it is 9d6 N E. A heavy blaster would be more, hold-out a little less etc...

The Force as a Multipower works great. I don't know about fixed slots only, but it should be fine.

I might do fixed and regular slots...I was just thinking for simplicity's sake having them all fixed...probably closer to the genre if they aren't though...

Lightsabre as Energy Killing Attack...but which kind? RKA or HKA. I'm one of the few that support the HKA model. Penetrating should work fine, but you might want to make it double Pen, unless there are no hardened armors in your campaign. Another option is to allow the player designing the Lightsabre to decide if its AP or Pen or how much damage it does (with a limit, of course) the difficulty of building the lightsabre determined by its active point total divided by 10 or 5 (depending on how difficult you want building a sabre to be). That way a Padawan about to take on the trials might build himself a barebones Lightsabre (2D6K, Ap, +1 Stunx) but a Master Jedi of 20+ years might make himself a superior weapon (3D6K AVLD vs FF Does Body).

I would say HKA ,can be thrown

No hardened armors exist,not even blast doors..just takes a while to cut through a big body with pen. (a la Phantom Menace)

I would also allow Lightsaber crystals to give LS's different abilities