Sell me on SH

JmOz

I am primarily a Champions Player. HOWEVER I do like the multi genre nature of the game, and have picked up all the genre books. However I find I like to tinker and make my own stuff.

Now why should I buy the extra books for this line? Convince me.

Especialy books like AW, TE, ST

Re: Sell me on SH

I am primarily a Champions Player. HOWEVER I do like the multi genre nature of the game, and have picked up all the genre books. However I find I like to tinker and make my own stuff.

Now why should I buy the extra books for this line? Convince me.

Especialy books like AW, TE, ST

AW: A very specific campaign / extended adventure. If its not something you're likely run than you probably wouldn't be interested. Personally, I bought it to read.

TE: Similar to my thoughts on Turakian Age. I doubt I'll ever use, but I mine ideas from other sources.

ST: Pre-gen gadgets are always useful. Like any book of generic "genre specific" gadgets, it's necessary to "weed out" those items that don't work in your campaign - but once done it's a convienient time-saver.

Terran Empire: Highest priority item on the list. Its a pretty well designed space opera campaign setting. Interesting to play in, useful for bits and pieces to build your own. Perhaps most importantly for a Champions player, its a sizeable source of info useful for Galactic Champions games.

Alien Wars: Despite some holes, its overall an interesting setting. Worthwhile for the plot setup and background.

Spacer's Toolkit: Two reasons. One: Varanyi Star Galleons. Two: More sales = more Star Hero books. :-d

Star hero is a most have if you intend on running a 'science fiction' style game, it has almost all the details you would need with out actualy being an established setting. It also contains useful designs for starships that can easly be used in Champions (invasion anyone)

Terran Empire is the 'established' setting for star hero and is a great source book (wish they had not reduced the science fiction line) It contains more useful gadgets, and extensive background on the other 'empires' in the galaxy (oh, its set in the mid 2500'ish.. in the same universe that champions is..yes..earth had superhero's in it. most of the races are right out of champions)

I found Terran Empire to be the most useful as it has a lot of sample: alien races, governments, worlds, ships, and the like. I don't use the TE universe, but it's a good source of ideas and such for both anything I might run, as well as what the company take on certain concepts is (which, as a writer, is very important for me to know).

If I had wads of spare cash, I'd grab Spacer's Toolkit, if only because more sample gadgets means less work on my part to build my own gadgets, space ships, weapons, and armor. Eventually, I'l probably get it.