X-Men Evolution

fredrik_nilsson

Re: X-Men Evolution

But... X-Men: Evolution came out after the first X-Men movie.

If you're referring to the X-Men cartoon from the '90s, then okay, I buy that. I watched as much of that as I could get away with. That and the '90s Spider-Man cartoon (which, along with the Anti-Gravity Room on YTV in Canada, got me into comics and Champions).

As for answering the OP's question, I dunno. I haven't watched much of Evolution, because I just didn't think it was very good. *shrug*

While X-Men: Evolution was not high art, for what it was (American Saturday Morning Fare) it was excellent.

As for the characters, first you have to establish some campaign limits. One problem you have is that some of the x-men seem to be "upperclassmen" who aren't necessarily more powerful, but are more skilled. Everyone seems to gain in xp over the course of the series.

(The casual teamwork everyone displays combining their powers in a couple of the later episodes was marvelous)

I'm thinking this world is populated with lots of characters built on 250-350 points (Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Kittypride, Nightcrawler, etc) with damage vs. defense limits that allow them to KO each other in 2-3 hits. The 600-1000 point versions of Wolverine and co. you see on the net do *not* represent the charaters in this series.

You then have a few uber-characters intended as villains and GM NPCs (Mystique, Prof X, Magneto) and of course there is the problem that a champions rules version of Rouge by necessity has to cost at least as much as the most powerful person she can absorb. Given that the series showed her absorbing Magneto completely and enough of Juggernaught to play mercy against him with what he had left, this is a lot.

If I got thís right' date=' the main suggestion would be to just stick to the normal [i']Teen Champions[/i] guidelines and create the characters on my own? :D

No prob', I was just lazy and hoped someone else had done it for me. :snicker:

Probably for the best :)