The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

Live bugs in your food?

Depends on the bug. When I did Databases for coroners, I was on-site at the New Jersey facility. I was trying to finish something up and there's a wet plop on the desk. I look up, and the coroner asks "So how would this be entered?" pointing at a heart in a bag. I think he was surprised that I said, "Partial remains and if the other parts are in a different record, you can link them. But I think that's a cow heart."

Which it was. Coroners have an icky sense of humor.

I am utterly unsurprised by that' date=' though I have no more evidence than what you've just passed on.[/quote']

That's the incident that sticks, but I spent time at the LA Coroner, Alameda, and Humboldt ones. Plenty of phone conversations with others. New Jersey was the only state one and after that I couldn't eat at El Pollo Loco due to the same smell in both places. (I think it was the disinfectant used in both places)

Almost precisely like that. A relaxed' date=' philosophical, and macabre demeanor.[/quote']

pathologists are pathological...patho+logical. patho (macabre demeanor) + logical (relaxed, philosophical).

even worse when you think logical is derived from logos, and if you put "patho" as the prefix...:fear:

My fave of those are The Mice. I may use them as a campaign setting some day ...

Two moons, one male the other female, parted lovers destined to reunite thus causing havoc to the planet they are satellites too?

Well, I'd lose everyone as soon as I used the word "spectrum" and someone got all offended because they thought it was some anatomical feature in the nether end of the intestinal tract.