The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

PHYS 204, special relativity. No quantum. But they've all had the freshman physics with calculus series, and calculus, and a variety of other math courses.

PHYS 102, stellar & galactic astronomy and cosmology. A "101" course for nonscience students.

PHYS 204' date=' special relativity. No quantum. But they've all had the freshman physics with calculus series, and calculus, and a variety of other math courses.[/quote']

Oh hell, if they are smart enough to understand Calculus then show no mercy!!!

My math abilities top out at Trig. I picked up and perused a Calc book and put it down after 5 minutes of WTF IS THIS!!!

Sprained brain? ^^

Meh. I can wrap my feeble little mind around the basic premises of quantum physics but any math "higher" than Trigonometry causes my brain to hurt. Just like higher computer languages... I can do simple coding with vBasic and I am the god of HTML... but I can't understand Java Scripting and C++ looks like something I'd expect to find in HP Lovecraft's Necronomicon... and I don't think I'll ever be able to do Calc without actually taking a class... I need someone to break it down for me an explain what all the notations mean.

I don't even consider Calculus to be Math.... it's more of "Let's just throw a bunch of numbers on the blackboard and confuse people."

Interestingly enough... I HAVE done simple 5th dimension vector plotting for a Sci-Fi novel I'm working on (3 dimensions of volume, 1 for space/time, and the 5th has to do with travel through Hyperspace) but then again, the science for the novel is completely fictional.