The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

A crossword puzzle using numbers. Spelled Kakuro :o

you have a column or row of squares with a number at the end. The numbers you put in the squares have to be from 1-9 and not repeat.

So a 2 square area with a 17 as the total can only be 8 and 9. But you have to figure out which by the other columns and rows.

explaination here: http://www.kakuro.net/

I haven't done kakuro, but only because I know how in principle to "do it right" ... it's a bounded linear optimization problem. :idjit:

One game was Pass the Pigs (mostly for use as a car-travel game) ... I don't consider it a math game. The other was Spy Alley.

Clue's a good game, though its use of cards as determinant for what actually happened, added to a couple of other mechanics, means that a player can get "picked on" and accused repeatedly, which can adversely affect their progress in their own deduction.