body shield

Foxx!

Re: body shield

depends on the attack.

in the case of bullets I would calculate a percentage of total body for whatever location the 'human-shield' is hit in and deduct that from damage before applying it to you.

normal attacks i would deduct all defenses too and be mindful of any knockback if using those rules.

If the guy was deliberately using the body as a shield, I'd say that he'd need a held action and perform a block maneuver. Otherwise, define what percentage cover the body will give - a miss due to the cover penalty is a hit on the body.

'nuff said. :)

[edit]

Just in case I'm misreading the question, the body should provide DEF equivalent to a similar soft-like object. The Body characteristic is obviously the BODY to use.

Heroes!

Thank you for the ideas.

Hyper-Man's idea reminded me of the Injury rules: A limb can take only 1/3 of the character's total BODY. Does that sound like a good BODY for defence?

I'm also going to use Dr. Furious' idea of giving limited coverage because a body shiled doesn't cover a person as well as armour. I think a body shield the same size as the user covers areas 6-14. How does that sound?

Cheers