What is old is new again?

Tivaakdh1

Just curious. I am sure that I will be buying Dark Champions 5th edition soon; but I actually have the old version of DC from years ago.

What's new?

Is it a totally revamped book? All new characters?

Just curious as I live in the middle of nowhere rpg shopping wise and no one here has a copy I can look at; so I have to order all of my books online sight unseen.

Re: What is old is new again?

Vanguard is absolutely correct, but the real quantum leap is in the genre that it covers. The new Dark Champions goes far beyond just street-level superheroes and villains like the original. It's now a genre book covering the whole range of modern-era adventure gaming: crime fighting and law enforcement, military, espionage, anti-terrorism, weird conspiracy, black ops. It has info about organized crime, police institutions, terrorist groups, military forces and spy agencies around the world.

I'm just going to say that I agree with both Vanguard & L-Liaden. The new Dark Champions is Way more than the old Dark champions ever was... and that saying alot since I LOVED that book back in the day.

If you into any type of Modern-era RPing... then this is a Def MUST HAVE for your Hero colection.

WC

I ordered it from my usual online game site. Thanks for the reviews and suggestions.

Im still hoping that Hero does a Reality Storm like books with conversion notes between Hero and M&M. Especially since M&M is making a Noir book and already has the excellent Nocturnals sourcebook which would be fun to be able to use in a Dark Champions campaign.