Sharing the Wealth (Nods to Enforcer84)

JeffreyWKramer

Character #29 - Max ForceThis character is the first of several I plan to present here who have a unified theme/group identity. Namely, they are superhuman minions of Istvatha V'han, the Empress of a Billion Dimensions. I'm very fond of V'han's write-up in CKC, as I know many others are as well, but I'm not particularly fond of the write-ups given for her sample forces in the book. The description of her resources states that with millions of realities at her service, she can call upon virtually any sort of superhumans she wants or needs. The book also suggests using other characters from CKC, with changed names and descriptions, to represent her supers. That's a perfectly viable option, but I decided to do something else, and design some operatives for her.He's a human from an alternate-dimension Earth, and seeing the horror Tyrannon unleashed upon his world convinced him that being part of the Empire is by far the better choice - and that if other worlds have to be forced into serving the Empire for their own good, that's the lesser of evils, as far as he's concerned.I may end up using Max and some or all of the other V'hanian forces I present in this thread in my New Sentinels campaign at some point, given that the Empress is a very active presence in the campaign. The New Sentinels players are welcome to read the write-ups, though. In the established campaign history, these characters would already have been encountered by the Champions and other of Earth's defenders during V'Han's two prior attempts to take over Earth's dimension, so the basic information about them (general types of powers, etc.) is available through public record, PRIMUS/UNTIL records and other easily-accessed resources - and available to the PCs with appropriate skill or Reputation rolls. As always, others are free to do as they like with this and other characters on the thread, and comments are always welcome. Enjoy!Max ForcePlayer: NPC (Agent of Istvatha V'han)

Val Char Cost
20/70 STR 10
20 DEX 30
20/40 CON 20
25 BODY 30
10 INT 0
20 EGO 20
30 PRE 20
12 COM 1
14/44 PD 10
20/44 ED 16
4 SPD 10
8/22 REC 0
40/80 END 0
45/80 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM04"/14" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 167
Cost Power END
50 Impregnable Body: Armor (20 PD/20 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (75 Active Points); Visible (-1/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 7
60 Irresistable Force: +50 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points); Linked (Impregnable Body; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4)
32 Incredible Stamina: +20 CON (40 Active Points); Linked (Impregnable Body; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4)
33 Distance Exertion: Stretching 12", Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (75 Active Points); Linked (Impregnable Body; Lesser Power can only be used when character uses greater Power at full value; -1/2), Physical Manifestation (-1/4), Always Direct (-1/4), Limited Body Parts - Arms Only (-1/4) 6
29 Big Slam: Area Of Effect (up to 2" radius; +3/4) for up to 70 Active Points of STR 70, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (65 Active Points); OIF (Object Of Opportunity; -1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect only affects the environment near the character; -1/2), Linked (Impregnable Body; -1/4) 5
35 Force Powers: Multipower, 52-point reserve, (52 Active Points); all slots Activation Roll 15- (-1/4), Linked (Impregnable Body; -1/4)
3u 1) Force Bonds: Entangle 5d6, 5 DEF (50 Active Points); Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4), Activation Roll 15- (-1/4), Linked (Impregnable Body; -1/4) 5
3u 2) Pummeling Force: Hand-To-Hand Attack +8d6+1, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (52 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Activation Roll 15- (-1/4), Linked (Impregnable Body; -1/4) 2
3u 3) Phased Strength: Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+1/4), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) for up to 70 Active Points of 70 STR (52 Active Points); Activation Roll 15- (-1/4), Linked (Impregnable Body; -1/4) 5
3u 4) Forceful Punch: Double Knockback (+3/4) for up to 70 Active Points of 70 STR (52 Active Points); Activation Roll 15- (-1/4), Linked (Impregnable Body; -1/4) 5
3u 5) Protective Field: Force Field (12 PD/12 ED/11 Power Defense), Hardened (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (52 Active Points); Activation Roll 15- (-1/4), Linked (Impregnable Body; -1/4) 2
3u 6) Force Shield: Force Wall (8 PD/8 ED; 5" long and 3" tall) (52 Active Points); Activation Roll 15- (-1/4), Linked (Impregnable Body; -1/4) 5
3u 7) Force Flight: Flight 25" (50 Active Points); Activation Roll 15- (-1/4), Linked (Impregnable Body; -1/4) 5
22 Whammy Ball: Multipower, 44-point reserve, (44 Active Points); all slots OIF Unbreakable (Inertium Ball, Returns To User But Can Be Grabbed/Taken Away; -1/2), Restrainable (-1/2)
2u 1) Thrown Ball: Ranged (+1/2) for up to 70 Active Points of 70 STR, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (44 Active Points); Limited Power Not To Lift, Grab, Squeeze - Strike-Related Maneuvers Only (-1/2), OIF Unbreakable (Inertium Ball, Returns To User But Can Be Grabbed/Taken Away; -1/2), Restrainable (-1/2) 1
2u 2) Intercepter: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), +1 OCV, 8 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (+0), Adjacent Hex (+1/2), Uncontrolled (Stop By Grabbing/Restraining Ball) (+1/2) (44 Active Points); OIF Unbreakable (Inertium Ball, Returns To User But Can Be Grabbed/Taken Away; -1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), Will Not Work Against Heavy Missiles (-1/4) [8 cc]
4 Stylish Eyewear: Sight Group Flash Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); OAF Fragile (Shaded Goggles; -1 1/4) 0
27 Life Support (Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (40 Active Points); Linked (Impregnable Body; -1/2) 0
24 Immovable Object: Knockback Resistance -15" (30 Active Points); Linked (Impregnable Body; -1/4) 0
23 Linguistic Implants: Universal Translator 14-
Powers Cost: 364
Cost Skill
25 +5 with HTH Combat
6 +3 with Thrown Objects
15 Penalty Skill Levels: +10 vs. Range Modifier with Throwing
7 Breakfall 15-
3 Combat Driving 13-
3 Combat Piloting 13-
2 Gambling (Card Games) 11-
2 CK: London (Alt Earth) 11-
3 High Society 15-
7 Hoist 13-
2 KS: V'hanian Empire 11-
4 PS: V'hanian Agent 13-
7 Power 13-
7 Teamwork 15-
11 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Combat Aircraft, Grav Vehicles/Hovercraft, Helicopters, Personal Use Spacecraft, Skiing (snow), Skiing (water), Small Planes, Surfing, Tracked Military Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles, Wheeled Military Vehicles
Skills Cost: 104
Cost Perk
4 Fringe Benefit: Captain
6 Reputation: Hero (A large group (V'hanian Empire)) 11-, +3/+3d6
Perks Cost: 10
Val Disadvantages
10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
25 Enraged: vs. Tyrranon and His Servants (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 8-
20 Hunted: Dr. Destroyer 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
20 Hunted: Tyrannon 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
10 Hunted: UNTIL 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)
10 Physical Limitation: Increased Mass (approx. 750 lbs) In Armored Form (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)
15 Physical Limitation: Poor Fine Motor Skills (-5 to relevant Skill/DEX Rolls) In Armored Form (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)
10 Physical Limitation: Poor Sense Of Touch When In Armored Form (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)
10 Physical Limitation: No Sense Of Taste/Smell When In Armored Form (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)
15 Psychological Limitation: Attention-Seeking/Glory Hound (Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Braggart (Common, Moderate)
25 Psychological Limitation: Fanatically Loyal To the Empress V'han, Trusts/Agrees With Her Goals (Very Common, Total)
15 Reputation: Agent Of V'han, 11- (Extreme)
10 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x STUN Magnetic Attacks (Common)
Disadvantage Points: 205

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 240Total Experience Available: 240Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 645

Height: 1.89 m Hair: Blonde
Weight: 102.00 kg Eyes: Green
Appearance: In his human form, Max Force is a beefy man with heavy, defined muscles and collar-length, straight, blonde hair. In his armored form, his skin becomes obviously metallic and his hair looks like it threads of gold. In both form, he dresses the same, wearing a tight-fitting, red, sleeveless, v-cut shirt, dark blue pants, a wide, black belt and black boots and gauntlets. His Force Powers manifest with a shimmering, silvery glow. Personality: Before his world was destroyed, Max was a pretty normal guy - a taxi driver, in fact - who worked hard, cared for his kids and his wife, etc. These days he's a brash, arrogant glory-hound, though it's hard for anyone to say how much that reflects his powers, how much the attention and praise heaped upon him in the Empire, and how much of it is just his way of covering up all the pain he feels over his losses. He is absolutely loyal to V'han, though - that is definitely not a put-on.Quote:"Max Force. It's what I use, and it's who I am. Remember the name, Yank. That way y'can tell people who the bloke was who beat the bloody hell outta you."Background: Max Forsythe hails from an alternate-dimension version of Earth - one that came under attack and attempted domination by Tyrranon and his forces. A mystic blast in that Earth's version of downtown London wiped out Max's wife and two children, but he amazingly survived, as the attack triggered the emergence of his previously-unsuspected mutant powers. Max joined up with the superheroes of that Earth, but their combined force wasn't enough to stand against Tyrranon's forces once he finally got serious about conquest and sent in a Lesser Throne. Things were looking pretty grim, until the cavalry arrived - in the form of Istvatha V'han's armies and a cadre of her super-human operatives. The Empress of a Billion Dimensions was determined not to let an Earth analogue fall to Tyrranon, and her forces succeeded in their mission. That Earth's governments - and approximately 2/5 of its population - had been wiped out by Tyrannon's forces, and what remained was in shambles, so most of the Earth didn't protest at all when they were given a chance to join the Empire in exchange for protection. For his part, Max readily signed on to serve as one of the Empress' superhuman operatives when he was told doing so would give him the opportunity to protect other worlds like his own from falling to Tyrranon.

Max hasn't regretted that decision at all. He's helped turn back Tyrannon's forces on three occasions, and has also helped convince a few other dimensions to join the Empire. He truly believes that living under the relatively benevolent Empire is by far a better thing than being crushed by Tyrannon (or even living under the somewhat less-extreme Skarn), and that if some dimensions need to be pushed into the right decision, so be it.

Max, known popularly as Max Force, is a popular figure throughout the Empire, regarded as a hero, provided with great luxuries, adored by beautiful women. That's why he's somewhat vexed to be regarded as a traitor to the human race by the people of Prime Earth (the mainstream Champions Universe version) - not to mention how vexed he is to have taken part in, and been defeated during, V'han's two attempts to annex Prime Earth's dimension. He firmly believes himself to be a hero, and the heroes and populace of Prime Earth to be short-sighted and foolish.

Powers/Tactics: Most of Max Force's powers are connected to his most obvious mutation - the ability to transform his body into nearly-indestructible metal. When in this metallic form, Max weighs more than three times normal, possesses high-level superhuman strength and can survive without oxygen and under a wide range of conditions that would be lethal to most humans. His indestructibility and strength would make Max a force to be reckoned with all on their own - especially since he's a skilled hand-to-hand combattant and has mastered some basic brick tricks like becoming skilled at throwing things long distances and picking up large objects and using them to attack large areas - but Max also has a variety of powerful force-projection abilities when he is in his metallic form. The most basic of these abilities allows him to extend force great distances through his arms, essentially letting him exert his massive strength at a distance. He has many other abilities - he is able to give his blows even greater concussive force, attune the force to strike desolidified opponents or prevent grabbed opponents from escaping via teleportation, create protective barriers at a distance or around his own body, bind enemies with force and even fly by using his force field to negate the effect of gravity upon his body - but he has not yet mastered these abilities fully enough for them to be entirely reliable.

Beyond this, Max has received implants (common in V'han's empire) that allow him to understand and speak most languages, and he also possesses a very useful little item which he calls his "Whammy Ball." The Ball is a globe (about 2/3 the size of a soccer ball) made of a rare and indestructible extradimensional metal (inertium) that is programmed to fly about his general area and intercept incoming ranged attacks, and which Max can also hurl great distances with his incredible strength, to devastating effect (since the ball is an indestructible focus, Max can exert all of his vast strength without destroying the ball). He also wears a set of polarized goggles which protect his eyes from bright light. The image of him in these goggles has become so famous within the Empire that he wears them most of the time now.

Max has relatively few weaknesses. His mutant/metallic physiology makes him unusually vulnerable to magnetic attacks. He also lacks fine motor skills when in his armored form (for example, it is hard for him to use a keyboard, turn book pages or write when armored), and has minimal sense of touch and no sense of taste or smell in those forms. A somewhat more serious weakness is Max's tendency to fly into a violent rage when facing any of Tyrannon's many forms or any of his agents. This has gotten him in trouble and messed up battle plans more than a few times, but not to a degree that makes him more of a detriment than an asset to any combat.

Strategcially, Max is a pretty straight-forward, take-the-battle-to-the-enemy kind of guy. He prefers hand-to-hand combat, but is competent and dangerous with ranged combat as well, via the Whammy Ball and his general skill with thrown objects. His Distance Exertion (Stretching) allows him to engage in hand-to-hand combat without allowing opponents to actually strike him (they can strike his force projeced "arms", but damage to them does nothing except cause him to have to spend END to manifest them again). When facing groups of opponents with significant ranged attacks, he typically spends half a phase activating his Whammy Ball, thus setting it to deflect attacks and also having it nearby to throw as needed. He will use his flight if necessary to get to a fight quickly, but since he has to make an Activation Roll every phase in order to fly, he doesn't like to fly while fighting if he can avoid doing so. He uses his other Force Powers as appropriate to a given situation, most often bolstering his hand-to-hand combat abilities; he tends to rely on his armored form for defense, but will activate his force field if he is fighting numerous tough opponents or anyone using Drain or Transfer Powers, and he sometimes uses his Force Wall to provide cover or protection to companions.

Max Force is also a very competent pilot and driver, and he sometimes flies craft on runs that would be more or less suicidal if not for his incredible defenses. Such brave actions have earned him a great deal of praise within the Empire - and the rank of Captain among V'han's forces, despite his lack of actual tactical sense. Thankfully, he knows he's not really a military leader, and he tends to listen to advice by more tactically-skilled people.

Campaign Use: Max is a natural to use in adventures involving Istvatha V'han, including espionage or seek/retrieve missions, full-scale invasions, or possibly incursions by the PCs into V'han's realms. While he's something of an arrogant jerk, he is also the sort of person many heroes can respect, especially if they become aware of his history. The GM should try to convey that Max isn't completely self-serving and that he truly does believe in his Empress and her goals - in other words, portray him as an opponent and someone with diametrically opposed goals, but not necessarily a person of villainous intent.

Alternately, Max might come to Prime Earth for more personal reasons - namely, to see if this Earth has an analogue for his dead wife and children, and himself. In this scenario, he might bring some friends with him, or his visit to Earth might be an unauthorized one, and V'han might send forces (and/or other superhuman operatives) to retrieve him. The GM is free to explore the possibilities of a dimensional-analogue to Max - including the possibility the game world's Max (if one exists) might have the same powers, and potential as a hero.

To make Max Force less powerful, cut back on his STR, reduce his Force Powers and reduce or eliminate the Whammy Ball. To make him more powerful, remove the Activation Roll from his Force Powers Multipower, or give him more "brick tricks" sorts of abilities (perhaps using his AoE "Big Slam" Power as the basis for a Brick Tricks Multipower).

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Sharing the Wealth (Nods to Enforcer84)

Max Force: I like him a lot, and I love the idea of a team of V'Han's "Heroes."

Two minor suggestions on the write-up:

1) Isn't Physical Manefestation already built into Stretching? Or does he have a second Physical Manefestation that I missed? I do realize that it's a Force Field rather than arms (I've use that trick myself).

2) Ranged Strength is kind of frowned upon. It might be better to use Stretching, Strike Only, for that Whammy Ball slot. OTOH, the range would be much shorter, and you are the GM.

Good character. :)

Max Force: I like him a lot' date=' and I love the idea of a team of V'Han's "Heroes."[/quote']

Thank you. I think it's an interesting concept too, and I hope the other characters also end up being entertaining.

Two minor suggestions on the write-up:

1) Isn't Physical Manefestation already built into Stretching? Or does he have a second Physical Manefestation that I missed? I do realize that it's a Force Field rather than arms (I've use that trick myself).

Stretching doesn't necessarily have to *have* a physical manifestation... it depends on special effects. If it does, it can be temporarily "broken" and such, as a Focus - thus, a Limitation. Stretching that is actually the person's body parts can't be broken the same way, of course, though it entails its own risks.

2) Ranged Strength is kind of frowned upon. It might be better to use Stretching, Strike Only, for that Whammy Ball slot. OTOH, the range would be much shorter, and you are the GM.

That one is definitely an iffy construct, and not generally recommended. I went with it rather than TK and the like in this case because I didn't want the indirect aspects that come with TK, and it made more sense for the effects than Stretching.

Good character. :)
Thank you. :)

Character #30 - ImagoImago is another of Istvatha V'Han's superhuman operatives. Like Max Force, he's not your typical villain. If you were to ask Imago, he'd say he's a patriot, not a villain. The problem is, the political entity he represents - V'han's dimensional Empire - has goals (such as subjugation of the Earth and related dimensions into the Empire) the heroes just aren't going to agree with. Imago is also not particularly prone toward fighting - though he's extremely capable of giving most heroes a very, very hard fight. As always, comments are both welcome and appreciated. I hope you enjoy.ImagoPlayer: NPC (Agent of Istvatha V'han)

Val Char Cost
30 STR 20
26 DEX 48
35 CON 50
15 BODY 10
20 INT 10
20 EGO 20
25 PRE 15
20 COM 5
13/23 PD 7
16/26 ED 9
7 SPD 34
13 REC 0
70 END 0
50 STUN 2
6" RUN02" SWIM06" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 230
Cost Power END
285 Imagination Pool: Variable Power Pool, 120 base + 165 control cost, Powers Can Be Changed As A Half-Phase Action (+1/2), Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; +1/2), No AP Penalty To Skill Roll (+3/4) (285 Active Points)
40 Common Imago Abilities: Multipower, 50-point reserve, (50 Active Points); all slots Extra Time (Half-Phase Action To Change Slots, -1/4)
3u 1) Incredible Strength: +50 STR (50 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Extra Time (Half-Phase Action To Change Slots, -1/4) 5
4u 2) Walk Through Walls: Desolidification (affected by Magic), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (50 Active Points); Extra Time (Half-Phase Action To Change Slots, -1/4) 2
4u 3) Sculpt Images: Sight and Hearing Groups Images Increased Size (4" radius; +1/2), +/-6 to PER Rolls (49 Active Points); Extra Time (Half-Phase Action To Change Slots, -1/4) 5
4u 4) Graceful Flight: Flight 14", No Turn Mode (+1/4), combat acceleration/deceleration (+1/4), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (49 Active Points); Extra Time (Half-Phase Action To Change Slots, -1/4) 4
3u 5) See Anything, Anywhere: N-Ray Perception (Sight Group), +5 to PER Roll, Microscopic (x100,000), Telescopic (+20 versus Range Modifier) (50 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Extra Time (Half-Phase Action To Change Slots, -1/4) 5
4u 6) Turnaround Attack: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Missile Reflection, Reflect At Any Target; Extra Time (Half-Phase Action To Change Slots, -1/4) 0
24 Shiny, Armored Skin: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points); Visible (-1/4) 0
10 Shiny, Armored Skin: Power Defense (10 points) 0
23 Natural Communicator: Universal Translator 16-
Powers Cost: 404
Cost Skill
20 +2 Overall
11 Computer Programming 17-
5 Conversation 15-
3 High Society 14-
3 Scholar
4 1) KS: Art (5 Active Points) 15-
2 2) KS: Dimensional Studies (3 Active Points) 13-
2 3) KS: Literature (3 Active Points) 13-
2 4) KS: Music (3 Active Points) 13-
3 Traveler
2 1) AK: Earth (3 Active Points) 13-
2 2) AK: Other Dimensions (3 Active Points) 13-
3 3) AK: V'hanian Empire (4 Active Points) 14-
2 4) CuK: Earth Cultures (3 Active Points) 13-
2 5) CuK: V'hanian Cultures (3 Active Points) 13-
4 Navigation (Dimensional) 14-
3 Oratory 14-
3 Jack of All Trades
2 1) PS: Cooking (3 Active Points) 13-
2 2) PS: Dance (3 Active Points) 14-
2 3) PS: Drawing and Painting (3 Active Points) 14-
4 4) PS: Image Sculpting (5 Active Points) 16-
2 5) PS: V'hanian Agent (3 Active Points) 13-
2 6) PS: Vocal Music (3 Active Points) 14-
11 Power: Imagination 17-
7 Persuasion 16-
3 Seduction 14-
9 Systems Operation 16-
3 Tactics 13-
5 Teamwork 15-
Skills Cost: 128
Cost Perk
15 Reputation: Hero And Court Artist (A large group - V'Hanian Empire) 14-, +5/+5d6
Perks Cost: 15
Cost Talent
3 Perfect Pitch
Talents Cost: 3
Val Disadvantages
5 Distinctive Features: Silver Skin, Violet Hair and Eyes (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)
5 Distinctive Features: Subtle Extradimensional Molecular/Energy Signature (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)
20 Psychological Limitation: Fanatically Loyal To the Empress V'han, Trusts/Agrees With Her Goals (Very Common, Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Aversion To Injuring Others, Uses Minimum Necessary Force To Attain Goals/Obey Orders (Common, Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Easily Distracted/Seduced By Attractive Females (Common, Strong)
15 Reputation: Agent Of V'han, 11- (Extreme on Earth)
10 Social Limitation: Public ID/Famous - Mal Zhandar (Frequently, Minor)
10 Social Limitation: Subject To Orders (Occasionally, Major)
15 Susceptibility: INT Drains/Transfers, 3d6 damage Instant (Uncommon)
5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x Effect Drain/Transfer vs. INT (Uncommon)
Disadvantage Points: 165

Base Points: 600Experience Required: 15Total Experience Available: 15Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 780

Height: 1.75 m Hair: Violet
Weight: 91.00 kg Eyes: Violet
Appearance: Like most Khakexians, Mal Zhandar naturally has pale, white skin (in Earth terms, Kharkexians look something like albinos), but as Imago his skin is shiny and metallic, strongly resembling platinum. His violet eyes and hair are also common among his race. As Imago, he wears a black, blousy, open-chested tunic, sky blue pants, shiny black boots with gold laces and a gold sash. He sometimes also wears a blue cloak trimmed with black or gold. His curly hair is quite long (down to mid-back) and generally flows free, though he sometimes ties it back into a braid or tail, or holds it back from his face with a black headband. He has a slim build and generally friendly and open demeanor, with a wide, ready smile. Imago speaks with the resonant, toneful voice of a natural vocalist. Personality: Deep down, Imago is an artist, a people-person and a lover, not a fighter. At the same time, he is extremely loyal to the Empire, and to the Empress herself, and stands ready to utilize the full scope of his abilities in attempt to fulfill whatever missions he is given. He doesn't want to hurt anyone, and he tends to err on the side of caution in attempt to not harm opponents unless he is specifically ordered to unleash his full powers. He'd really rather talk than fight, and he can sometimes be distracted from his goals by an attractive woman's attention, but he is intelligent, competent and generally level-headed. He isn't particularly prone to taunts or mean-spirited humor, though he does have a quick wit and a good sense of humor.Quote:"We'd rather avoid a lot of unpleasantness if possible, but we will fight you if we must. Stand down and surrender and we can avoid unnecessary violence - or choose to fight, if you will, but if you do fight us, any harm suffered by those nearby will be on your heads."Background: As a very young child, Mal Zhandar of the planet Khakexia IV demonstrated exceptional ability in a number of arts, including drawing and painting, singing and - his speciality - holographic image sculpting, a very popular art form on his home world. His precocious skills caught the notice of agents of the Empress Istvatha V'Han charged with identifying individuals of exceptional potential, so their skills could be developed and channeled to the benefit of the Empire. The examiners brought in to study young Mal were quite impressed - not only did he possess great artistic sense and an exceptional imagination, but he also possessed incredibly high levels of the localized matter-energy abilities possessed by approximately one in 7 of his people. As he got older, it quickly became apparent just how powerful these abilities were. Whereas most Khakexian power-adepts could produce minor effects in one or two distinct areas such as light/darkness manipulation, low-level telekinesis or pyrokinesis, limited gravity control (most often slow levitation) and minor bio-manipulation and body control powers, Mal demonstrated a vast array of powers - including some extremely rare among his people (superhuman strength) and some completely unheard-of (such as matter transmutation and telepathy) - and all at extremely high levels. Indeed, by the time he hit his late teens, it was accepted that Mal could literally create virtually any effect he wished, with the only limits being his capacity to juggle multiple abilities at once and the bounds of his formidable imagination.

When he reached adulthood, Mal was summoned to the court of the Empress herself, that her best advisors and trainers might help him hone his abilities in a the manner best befitting his personality and the needs of the Empire. Thorough examination found that while Mal was a patriot, loyal and eager to serve the Empire, his natural demeanor was more social and artistic than martial. The Empress herself, impressed with Mal's artistic ability, placed him as one of her personal artists but also assigned him to special training in diplomacy, with the intent that when the Empire encounters worlds particularly resistant to their annexation plans, he would attempt a persuasion approach while backed up by significant force - and staying ready to add his own extremely versatile powers to the mix.

Thus it was that Mal - using the code name Imago, in imitation of the heroes he found rather fascinating - found himself involved V'han's second attempt to invade Prime Earth (in early 2002, Earth time). His preparatory studies of Earth's cultures and arts made him eager to visit Earth personally, and he was quite disappointed to find the invasion force almost immediately under attack by the Champions - who were in no mood to talk. He handled himself well in combat, simultaneously fighting and singlehandedly defeating both Ironclad and Defender only to be defeated by Witchcraft (largely because his caution to not cause unnecessary injury resulted in him holding back against her more than he should have). He now looks forward to a return trip to Earth, hopefully accompanied by a larger force of the Empire's superhuman operatives.

Tyrannon would very much like to eliminate Imago, thereby depriving his hated rival, the Empress V'han, of a valuable resource. Dr. Destroyer would very much like to get his hands on Imago - or any of V'han's more powerful minions - in order to gain more information about her and better assess the threat she presents to his own plans to conquer the Earth. UNTIL takes a very active interest in any activities taken in Earth's dimension by Imago or any of V'han's other operatives.

Powers/Tactics: Given the size and nature of his VPP, Imago is literally able to do virtually anything he can imagine. He need only take a moment and do a good enough job visualizing some power (or set of powers) or effect to manifest it in reality. He works most easily with effects that match his experience, his artistic sensitivites and his interests; he can also create powers and effects suggested to him by others, but unless they explain these to him in clear terms, he may have to take a few moments to translate them into reality. In game terms, Imago has a base 17- chance (his Power Skill) to manifest any effect he wants with his VPP, within the active point limits available to him. Particularly large-scale or powerful effects may take him significant time, and being rushed or distracted might apply some negative modifiers to his Skill Roll, as might poorly-conceived or vague suggestions from others.

Given time to really let his imagination run wild, Imago can produce some truly incredible effects (for ideas what a VPP as large as his can really do, especially when one considers powerful Advantages such as Cumulative and Megascale, check out the write-ups for characters such as Tyrannon and Skarn the Shaper). There's certainly no reason the GM should limit Imago's offensive options to big energy blasts or RKAs (though those do have their uses, of course). Imago is much more likely to shut down an opponent's powers (Dispel or Suppress), or change/remove them entirely (Transform) than he is to simply blast away, unless he's sorely pressed or ordered to use such direct tactics. He's also fond of trying to beat opponents by manifesting powers that are thematically opposite theirs - ice powers to fight a fire-user, for example. He can easily manifest Powers of all classes (Adjustment, Mental, Defense, even Special at GM's option - or simply by having them cost END in most cases) of any special effects (light, fire, cold, electricity), given his own special effect (imagination), but at GM's option he might take a penalty of -1 to -3 to his Powers Skill Roll to manifest Pwers with more abstract special effects (such as demonic evil or holiness), or the GM may rule certain special effects (divine power, for example) as being off limits.

As is the case with all characters with VPPs, the GM should give thought ahead of time to creative and useful ways Imago might allocate his VPP points in combat, keeping in mind his mission/goals and what information he might have available to prepare for potential foes. He will certainly be briefed about any superhumans V'han's planners can reasonably expect him to encounter, and he will be ready to counter their known abilities and strategies or take advantage of any known weaknesses.

Some of Imago's basic characteristics have become persistently superhuman simply because Imago has "imagined" them that way long and consistently enough that the enhancements have stuck. Similarly, Imago's Multipower consists of effects he calls upon so often that he doesn't even have to make a Skill Roll any more, he need merely take a moment to imagine himself having the ability. He can easily duplicate or boost any of his Multipower slots, or boost his characteristics, with points from his VPP. He can also change his shiny, armored skin (or any other aspect of his appearance) at will, but he rarely does so on missions, as the armored skin is an affectation that has become readily associated with his Imago identity. Note that Imago rarely uses his VPP to enhance his mental characteristics, which really are an innate part of his identity - the core of who he is, essentially. To some extent, he may fear losing his identity within all the powers and changes he can manifest. This fear - and the important role his imagination plays in his powers - might explain his extreme vulnerability to attacks that reduce INT.

Imago has a good understanding of basic tactics and will demonstrate this in combat. For example, he will fight from the air or use cover when it is convenient to do so, and he often coordinates attacks with allies. At the same time, he does try to avoid causing unnecessary injury, and he is thus likely to hold back or fight defensively unless experience or observation shows him that an opponent can take a lot of damage.

Campaign Use: Imago will be encountered performing activities at the order of his Empress. Most often this means preparation for or taking part in an invasion, though he might also be encountered in some sort of diplomatic capacity, or perhaps a covert mission to learn more about Earth (or, with the Empress' permission, simply to enjoy some of its arts).

To make Imago less powerful, reduce his SPD by 1-2 points, reduce the size of his VPP pool, make it more difficult for him to change his VPP Powers, or reduce/eliminate his Common Imago Abilities Multipower. In the unlikely event he needs to be more powerful, add some other high-utility powers (including one or more attacks, to better allow Imago to do Multiple Power Attacks) to his Multipower, remove the time requirement for him to change Multipower slots, or increase the size of the Multipower reserve so he can manifest two or abilities there, as well as whatever he pulls up from his VPP.

Imago - The Silver Surfer as artist and patriot. Your players are going to deeply fear V'Han. :)

Very nice.

Have you actually written up your alternate version of the Champions? I can't imagine that the CU champions stood up to Imago and team for more than a few phases, let alone beat them.

Imago - The Silver Surfer as artist and patriot. Your players are going to deeply fear V'Han. :)

Very nice.

Have you actually written up your alternate version of the Champions? I can't imagine that the CU champions stood up to Imago and team for more than a few phases, let alone beat them.

I haven't done full write-ups, but they are significantly tougher than the book versions. As Meta noted, Defender is much higher in points than the official 5E version. In my continuity, Defender was with the previous incarnation of the Champions (Seeker, Solitaire, that group), and the only member to have survived the Battle of Detroit (due to getting KO'd and knocked far from the main battle during the main assault on Destroyer's bunch of monster-villains. I think he probably comes in at around 600-650 points, and the other Champions currently clock in at around 400-425. I haven't bothered doing a full write-up of revisions simply because the campaign doesn't focus on them, but I have enough notes on the changes (increased power levels, sklls, etc) to do so in fairly short order should the need arise - and plenty enough to wing it should it be relevant in play (as I did awhile back with Nighthawk messing around with some gadgets).

Oh, and when Imago went up against the Champions, it was just him, one other of the super-human operatives, and a bunch of V'Han's soldiers - not Max or some of the other super-ops. Max did take part in V'Han's first invasion attempt, though.

Thank you for the compliments. I'm glad you like Imago.

... Actually, I think Cyrande would get along well with Imago. I just have this mental image of them talking fasinated to each other. Would be a much more fasinating character to meet outside of battle.

I was thinking the same thing, that Imago and Cyrande have lots of things in common and may well get along pretty well in a neutral situation, so long as their goals don't conflict - and possibly *very* well, given Imago's penchant for the ladies. For that matter, though Horus-Re pretty much considers Max Force to have sold his soul, I can fairly easily see them getting along well should they have to work together - to fight Tyrannon's forces, for example.

Nice work. I like the personalities.

Thank you. :) That's where I have to put in the most work with this set of characters - to give them interesting and distinct personalities that make them more than just a heap of character points and game constructs. That's more work in this case than with many villains, given that I want them to not just be a bunch of extradimensional Nazis or something generically "evil" like that - I'll save that motif for when I work up some of Tyrannon's non-self minions. ;)

Character #31 - Major ValorBeing busy at work has kept me from adding more characters for a few days, but I'm back again, this time with another of Istvatha V'han's super-powered operatives. This time I present the field commander for this elite force - Major Valor. As always, I hope you enjoy, and comments are always both welcome and appreciated.Major ValorPlayer: NPC (Agent of Istvatha V'han)

Val Char Cost
15/45 STR 5
10/25 DEX 0
15/35 CON 10
15 BODY 10
23 INT 13
15 EGO 10
25/50 PRE 15
10 COM 0
5/31 PD 2
7/31 ED 4
3/7 SPD 10
6/16 REC 0
30/70 END 0
38/75 STUN 7
6"/15" RUN02" SWIM03"/9" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 86
Cost Power END
130 Omni-Power Weapons Array: Multipower, 65-point reserve, all slots Variable Special Effects - Any Conventional Form Of Energy (+1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), 4 clips of 32 Charges (+1/2), Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; +1) (195 Active Points); all slots OIF (Arm-Mounted Weapon System; -1/2)
4u 1) Basic Beam Setting: Energy Blast 13d6 (65 Active Points); OIF (Arm-Mounted Weapon System; -1/2) 0
4u 2) Energy Bonds: Entangle 6d6, 7 DEF (65 Active Points); OIF (Arm-Mounted Weapon System; -1/2) 0
4u 3) Systemic Disruptor: Drain DEX 4d6+1, Ranged (+1/2) (64 Active Points); OIF (Arm-Mounted Weapon System; -1/2) 0
4u 4) High-Intensity Beam: Killing Attack - Ranged 4d6+1 (65 Active Points); OIF (Arm-Mounted Weapon System; -1/2) 0
4u 5) Energy Blade: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 4d6+1 (5d6+1 / 7d6+1 w/STR) (65 Active Points); OIF (Arm-Mounted Weapon System; -1/2) 0
18 Marauder Armor Impact Gauntlets: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (37 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) 0
3 Marauder Armor Extended Reach Feature: Stretching 1", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (7 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), Limited Body Parts - Arms Only (-1/4), No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4) 0
25 Marauder Armor Strength Enhancement System: +30 STR, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (37 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) 1
30 Marauder Armor Agility Enhancement System: +15 DEX (45 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2)
27 Marauder Armor Enhanced Stamina System: +20 CON (40 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2)
17 Marauder Armor Commanding Demeanor: +25 PRE (25 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2)
13 Marauder Armor Protective Plating - Impact Resistance: +20 PD (20 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2)
13 Marauder Armor Protective Plating - Energy Deflection: +20 ED (20 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2)
10 Marauder Armor Protective Plating - Force Dispersal: Damage Resistance (15 PD/15 ED) (15 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) 0
20 Marauder Armor Reaction Enhancement System: +3 SPD (30 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2)
8 Marauder Armor Personal Durability Enhancements: +12 STUN (12 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2)
19 Marauder Armor Sensory Protection Systems: Flash Defense 7 Pts For Sight, Hearing, Smell/Taste and Touch Groups (28 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) 0
27 Marauder Armor Life Support Systems: Life Support (Eating Character only has to eat once per week; Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (41 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) 0
9 Marauder Armor Psionic Shielding: Mental Defense (16 points total) (13 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) 0
7 Maurauder Armor General Shielding: Power Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) 0
8 Marauder Armor Systems-Specific Shielding: Power Defense (20 points) (20 Active Points); Only Works Against Attacks Targeting Weapons/Armor Special Effect (Tech/Powered Items/Energy Weapons) (-1), OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) 0
33 Maurauder Armor Personal Field Projector Systems: Multipower, 50-point reserve, (50 Active Points); all slots OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2)
3u 1) Wide-Spectrum Stealth Field: Invisibility to Sight, Hearing and Radio Groups , No Fringe (40 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) 4
3u 2) Protective Field: Force Field (8 PD/8 ED) (Protect Carried Items), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (39 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) 0
6m 3) Spatial Distortion Field: +10 with DCV (50 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 5
1u 4) Adhesion Field: Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) 1
7m 5) Gravity Negation Field: Flight 20", x8 Noncombat (50 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) 5
2u 6) Spotlight: Sight Group Images Increased Size (2" radius; +1/4), +/-7 to PER Rolls (39 Active Points); Only To Create Light (-1), OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) 4
22 Marauder Armor Enhanced Ground Movement Systems: Running +9" (6"/15" total), x8 Noncombat (28 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 3
20 Marauder Armor Cerebro-Communications System: Mind Link , Alien and Humans classes of minds, Any Willing Target, Number of Minds (x8) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn, Only to Establish Mind Link, -3/4), IIF (Marauder Armor ; -1/4) 0
6 Marauder Armor Enhanced Sensory Systems: +3 PER with all Sense Groups (9 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) 0
17 Marauder Armor Communications Array: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group), Concealed (-8 with High Range Radio Perception PER Rolls), Dimensional (V'hanian Central) (25 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) 0
3 Marauder Armor Sensory Systems: Nightvision (5 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) 0
23 Marauder Armor Sensory Systems: Radar (Radio Group), Concealed (-10 with Radar PER Rolls), Discriminatory, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) (35 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) 0
31 Marauder Armor Tactical Analysis Systems: Detect Superpowers , Susceptibilities and Vulnerabilities and Weapons/Power Systems 14- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Range, Rapid (x10), Sense, Targeting, Telescopic (+4 versus Range Modifier), Tracking (54 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor - Visible Green Beam, Visible Also To Energy/Radiation Sense; -1/2), Provides Limited/Minimal or No Information About Magical/Spiritual Effects; Biological/Structural Susceptibilities and Vulnerabilities Only (-1/4) 0
12 Marauder Armor Tactical/Targeting Systems: Penalty Skill Levels: +6 vs. Range Modifier with All Attacks (18 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor Scanning System (Visible Green Beam, Visible To Detect Energy/Radiation); -1/2)
11 Marauder Armor Computer System: (Total: 17 Active Cost, 11 Real Cost) Absolute Range Sense (3 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) (Real Cost: 2) plus Absolute Time Sense (3 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) (Real Cost: 2) plus Bump Of Direction (3 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) (Real Cost: 2) plus Lightning Calculator (3 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) (Real Cost: 2) plus Eidetic Memory (5 Active Points); OIF (Marauder Armor; -1/2) (Real Cost: 3) 0
23 Linguistics Cerebro-Implants: Universal Translator 17-
Powers Cost: 627
Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
4 Crush: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 9d6 / 15d6 Crush, Must Follow Grab
3 Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 6d6 / 12d6 Strike, Target Falls
4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 Martial Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 35 STR / 65 STR to Disarm
4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
3 Martial Grab: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 35 STR / 65 STR for holding on
4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 7d6 / 13d6 Strike
8 +2 HTH Damage Class(es)
1 Weapon Element: Armored Gauntlets
Martial Arts Cost: 35
Cost Skill
30 +3 Overall
6 +2 with Omni-Power Weapons Array
3 +1 with Martial Maneuvers
3 Demolitions 14-
3 Electronics 14-
3 Interrogation 14- (19-)
3 CuK: V'hanian Empire Cultures 14-
3 AK: V'hanian Empire 14-
2 AK: Other Dimensions 11-
3 Scholar
1 1) KS: Earth Military (2 Active Points) 11-
1 2) KS: Earth Superbeings (2 Active Points) 11-
2 3) KS: Military History, Extradimensional (3 Active Points) 14-
4 4) KS: Military History, V'hanian (5 Active Points) 16-
3 5) KS: Other Dimensions (4 Active Points) 15-
2 6) KS: Skarn the Shaper and His Forces/Holdings (3 Active Points) 14-
4 7) KS: Strategy Games (5 Active Points) 16-
3 8) KS: Tyrannon and His Forces/Holdings (4 Active Points) 15-
4 9) KS: V'hanian Military (5 Active Points) 16-
3 Mechanics 14-
3 Oratory 14- (19-)
3 Paramedics 14-
3 PS: Military Command 14- (19-)
5 Rapid Attack (Ranged)
3 Stealth 11- (14-)
7 Tactics 16-
5 Teamwork 12- (15-)
6 WF: Beam Weapons, Common Melee Weapons, Energy Weapons
2 Weaponsmith (Energy Weapons) 14-
Skills Cost: 123
Cost Perk
4 Fringe Benefit: Major
6 Reputation: Brilliant Military Commander (A large group - V'hanian Empire) 11-, +3/+3d6
Perks Cost: 10
Val Disadvantages
15 Distinctive Features: Uniform/Military Markings Indicate High Rank (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
20 Psychological Limitation: Dedicated To Service/Following Orders (Very Common, Strong)
20 Psychological Limitation: Honorable (Common, Total)
10 Psychological Limitation: Demands Strict Adherence To Orders (Common, Strong)
15 Reputation: Agent of Istvatha V'han, 11- (Extreme on Earth)
20 Social Limitation: Subject To Orders (Very Frequently, Major)
Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 600Experience Required: 131Total Experience Available: 131Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 881

Height: 2.47 m Hair: Bald
Weight: 195.00 kg Eyes: Red
Appearance: By human standards, Major Valor appears to be approximately 45 years old, but he is in fact nearly seventy years old. Like all members of his species, he is completely hairless and has grey-blue skin and red eyes. His appearance is otherwise much like that of a human. He has a solid and healthy build, but is not particularly bulky. His bearing is serious and commanding, whether in or out of the armor. In the Marauder armor, Major Valor stands a bit over 8 feet tall, though his own, natural height is just over 6 feet tall.Personality: Major Valor is the consummate professional officer: brave, intelligent, comfortable with command and dedicated to military service. He is dutiful and organized to a fault. He is also a very straight-forward and unvaryingly honest individual, and his sense of personal honor is the one thing that might cause him to disobey an order, should he regard the order as dishonorable. This aspect of his personality is also well known, and while it has kept him from rising to the upper levels of the Empire's military command (those at the top absolutely must place the needs of the Empire above matters of personal honor), it does not interfere with his competence as a warrior and field commander. The High Command is simply careful to not assign Major Valor any missions requiring duplicity, and the Empire has plenty of other operatives that perform more than adequately in those types of missions.

Major Valor had dedicated himself so much to military service that he really doesn't have much of a personal life. His only real hobby is strategy gaming. He has a broad interest and expertise in games ranging from tactical wargames through chess and go.

Quote:"We have a mission to complete. You stand in the way of that objective. I bear you no personal animosity, but I will not let you interfere with this mission. As I see it, your choices are to stand down or get taken down. You have seven seconds to choose."Background: Senessus Valor grew up in the military. His father served as a soldier to the Empress V'han, as had many members of his family for the six generations since their home planet, Gharos, had been annexed (along with the rest of its dimension) into the Empire. Even before that time, Gharosians had been renowned as skilled mercenary warriors; becoming part of the Empire simply meant they served a consistent ruler, rather than the highest bidder. It was only natural that Senessus continue the proud family tradition of military service.

Through campaigns in a dozen dimensions, Senessus Valor earned a distinguished record even by the high standards of his race and his family, working his way from infantryman to field command. The Empire's High Command noted that he particularly excelled at coordinating diverse forces and at developing and implementing spur-of-the-moment battle strategies. He thus made the short list of potential field commanders for a very special force - the Empress' elite cadre of superhuman operatives, assigned to help conquer the most powerful and resistant worlds and to directly oppose the Empress' most dangerous foe, Tyrranon the Conquerer.

Each of the four candidates was assigned a field mission, selected to test command and coordination skills and tactical flexibility. Nobody expected Valor's mission to intersect with one of Tyrranon's offensives,

or for him and his small force to end up going up going against one of Tyrannon's Thrones - nonetheless to win that match. Valor's performance won him the position , a promotion (to Major) and fame and acclaim throughout the Empire.

Since then, Major Valor's reputation has just continued to grow. He is currently one of the most recognized and most renowned figures in the Empire's military - quite a feat, given the power and the flashy personalities and fantastic deeds of some of those under his command. He is widely regarded as an extremely brave and competent warrior and officer, and is recognized as a man of great integrity.

Powers/Tactics: Major Valor has no superhuman abilities. He was chosen to lead the Empress' superhuman operatives due to his tactical brilliance and his proven loyalty, not strange abilities. That said, the armor he wears provides him with more than enough offensive firepower and defensive capacity for him to stand toe to toe with virtually any opponent. Even outside the armor, Valor is an experienced, skilled and canny opponent and a formidable martial artist.

When expecting combat, Major Valor wears a customized version of the Empire's powerful "Marauder"-class armor. The standard version of the Marauder suit is the most commonly-used heavy power armor in the Empire's arsenal, but Valor's version represents the cutting edge of Marauder engineering, and incorporates higher-powered weaponry and numerous other features not standard to the model. His armor greatly boosts his physical abilities and provides substantial protection, while the Omni-Power Weapons Array gives him a wide array offensive options, providing flexibility enough to meet the demands of any mission and allowing him to select attacks tailored to specific situations and opponents. This weapon system's variable settings allow him to fire different intensities of destructive blasts, entangling energy fields or energy calibrated to disrupt the nervous system, or to emit a shaped field of energy for lethal close-quarters combat. The Variable Special Effects (Energy) aspect of the weapon allows Major Valor to vary the blasts between forms such as lasers, particle beams, magnetism, fire, cold, light, radiation, microwaves, etc, while the Variable Advantages feature lets him calibrate the weapon for effects such as Autofire, Area 1 Hex, AP, Explosion, Affects Desolid or even Transdimensional.

Major Valor's offensive capacity is greatly enhanced by the armor's Tactical Analysis Systems. This feature provides Valor with information about the nature of an opponent's powers, power and/or weapons systems, and any structural weaknesses or vulnerabilities a target might have. For example, if Major Valor encountered Feuermacher, the TAS would inform him of the extent of Feuermacher's fire abilities and that Feuermacher was particularly vulnerable to water. This system can recognize if an individual possesses mutant or psionic abilities even if they are not being used at that moment, but is not able to recognize non-active spellcasting abilities and generally can't provide much information about powers of magical or spiritual origin. It also cannot detect susceptibilities and vulnerabilities related to a target's spiritual or magical nature, such as Black Seraph's Vulnerability to holy attacks. The Marauder suit also provides enhanced sensory and movement options, cybernetic communication systems which can be calibrated to an individual's mental signature, and a field generator that can produce effects including invisibility, a force field and a distortion field that makes it difficult for opponents to target him.

Although Major Valor is a formidable opponent in battle, his primary focus is always achieving a mission's goals and commanding his forces toward that end. If victory can best be achieved by him fighting alongside the front-line troops, he'll be there, but it generally makes more sense for him to hold back, observe, pass along information and coordinate others' actions while using his formidable ranged attacks, so that's usually what he does. Major Valor fights intelligently, efficiently and honorably, and while he has no problem taking advantage of surprise or using feints and distractions to gain strategic advantage, he readily accepts surrender and does not seek to cause unnecessary harm or collateral damage. If retreat is the best option in a given situation, and not forbidden by orders, he retreats readily, but he will not leave troops behind if at all possible.

Campaign Use: Major Valor is most likely to be encountered while leading his troops on an assigned mission of some sort. The mission itself may be a covert one, but he's really not likely to be assigned to a long-term undercover or espionage mission, except possibly to provide a distraction, or to provide extraction support/rescue to an espionage mission gone bad. The mission may not be an attempted invasion, though. Valor and those he commands are often sent on missions to oppose Tyrannon's plans, and in such circumstances it is possible he and the PCs might end up being allies - perhaps after the obligatory "misunderstanding that leads to a fight."

Major Valor isn't a particularly likely Hunted, since he puts his duty above any personal vendettas, but he could end up as a by-proxy Hunter to anyone Hunted by Istvatha V'Han, or be sent to eliminate someone who had proven a repeated obstacle to the Empress' plans.

To make Major Valor less powerful, reduce or drop the Variable Advantages from his Omni-Power Multipower, reduce or eliminate his Overall Skill Levels, reduce his SPD and reduce or eliminate the Marauder Armor Tactical Analysis Systems. To make him tougher, one might up the size of his Multipower Reserve, give him heavier Armor, or give him Find Weakness with his Omni-Power Weapons Array. One might also consider giving him a Hand-To-Hand Attack slot in the Omni-Weapon Multipower, making him a bit more of an "armored brick" style of character.

Character #32 - ParagonThe next character is another of Istvatha V'han's superhuman operatives - this time, an uber-martial artist. Think "alien Master of Sinanju" and you've more or less got the idea behind Paragon.I hope y'all enjoy him. As always, feedback is both appreciated and welcome.ParagonPlayer: NPC (Agent of Istvatha V'han)

Val Char Cost
25 STR 15
30 DEX 60
25 CON 30
15 BODY 10
23 INT 13
20 EGO 20
30 PRE 20
14 COM 2
10/18 PD 5
10/18 ED 5
8/12 SPD 40
10 REC 0
70 END 10
50 STUN 9
18" RUN02" SWIM015" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 239
Cost Power END
101 Ka'Karah Mastery: Variable Power Pool, 61 base + 40 control cost, Powers Can Be Changed As A Zero-Phase Action (+1) (121 Active Points); Only Ch'i-Style Characteristic/Power Boosts, Body Control and Wuxia/Martial Arts-Related Powers/Superskills (-1/2)
0 1) Battle Trance: +4 SPD (40 Active Points); Only In Combat, Attack Actions Only (-1/2) Real Cost: 27 [Notes: With this ability, Paragon gains +4 SPD, but can use the extra segments only to perform attacks against opponents. Such attacks can be combined with movement only if the attack is part of a FMove maneuver.]
0 2) Impairing Blow I: Negative Combat Skill Levels (-6 to opponent's DCV), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Attack Versus Limited Defense (Lack Of Weakness; +3/4) (60 Active Points) Real Cost: 60 [Notes: Impairing Blow II - Same, but the Negative Combat Skill Levels apply to the opponent's OCV] 5
0 3) Shattering Strike: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 4d6 (5 1/2d6 w/STR) (60 Active Points); Linked (Ka'Karah Battle Expertise; -1/4) Real Cost: 48 [Notes: As indicated by the Linked Limitation, Paragon must first Find Weakness on a target before using this ability.] 6
0 4) Devastating Blow: Hand-To-Hand Attack +12d6 (60 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2) Real Cost: 20 18
0 5) Stunning Blow: Drain STUN 6d6 (60 Active Points) Real Cost: 60 6
0 6) Unbalancing Blow: Drain DEX 3 1/2d6, Attack Versus Limited Defense (Lack Of Weakness; +3/4) (61 Active Points) Real Cost: 61 6
0 7) Blinding Strike: Sight Group Flash 7d6, Attack Versus Limited Defense (PD Force Field; +3/4) (61 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Must Be Able To Strike Head (-1/4) Real Cost: 35 [Notes: This unusual Flash does not specifically target the eyes; it is a blow to the head that essentially renders the target unable to see straight.] 6
0 8) Dizzying Combat Flourish: Suppress DEX 9 1/2d6, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (60 Active Points); Effects Only Apply Against Opponents Facing Paragon (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2) Real Cost: 30 [Notes: Intimidating Combat Flourish - This variant functions as listed, but is a Suppress vs. PRE.] 5
0 9) The Battle Form Of Zun The Undefeated: Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6, Area Of Effect (2" radius; +3/4), Selective (+1/4) (60 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) Real Cost: 40 [Notes: With this ability, Paragon can attack multiple opponents in adjacent hexes during the same phase, with no penalties.] 6
0 10) Defensive Body Reading: +6 with DCV (30 Active Points); Effects Apply To Only One Opponent At A Time (-1/2), Requires An Analyze Combat Roll (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) Real Cost: 13 3
0 11) Offensive Body Reading: +6 with HTH Combat (30 Active Points); Requires An Analyze Combat Technique Roll (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Effects Apply To Only One Opponent At A Time (-1/4) Real Cost: 15 3
0 12) Perfect Evasion: Desolidification (affected by Explosions/Area Effect Attacks), Invisible Power Effects, SFX Only (Fully Invisible; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2), Requires An Acrobatics Roll (-1/2) Real Cost: 30 [Notes: Paragon most often uses this technique to move across a battlefield in order to reach a chosen target or objective, ignoring all other opponents. He appears to effortlessly block or dodge most incoming attacks (special effect for the Invisible Desolidification).] 6
0 13) Draw Upon The Inner Light: Healing Target Characteristic 6d6 (60 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2) Real Cost: 18 6
0 14) Purge Disease: Life Support (Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents) (10 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Minute, Only to Activate, -3/4), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2) Real Cost: 4 [Notes: Purge Venom works the same way, except it utilizes LS: All Toxins/Poisons. Neither effect reverses any effects already suffered; the Power simply prevents the disease (or poison) from causing further damage, and protects against further exposure while in effect.] 0
0 15) Up The Walls: Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Must Do At Least A Half Move, Lasts Only Until End Of Phase (-1/2) Real Cost: 7 [Notes: This reflects Paragon's great speed and acrobatic ability, which allows him to run along vertical surfaces - or even ceilings - for short distances, but since it does not allow true Clinging, he will fall if he ends a movement action on such surfaces.] 0
0 16) Unbreakable Clinch: Clinging (40 STR) (15 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Only To Cling To Opponents (-1/2) Real Cost: 7 1
0 17) Acrobatic Leaping: Leaping +10" (15" forward, 7 1/2" upward) (Accurate) (15 Active Points); Requires An Acrobatics Roll (-1/2) Real Cost: 10 1
0 18) Fast As The Wind: Running +12" (18" total), x4 Noncombat (29 Active Points) Real Cost: 29 3
35 Ka'Karah Battle Expertise: Find Weakness 14- with Martial Maneuvers 0
11 Master Blow: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Linked (Ka'Karah Battle Expertise; -1/2) 0
6 Tireless: Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (6 Active Points) applied to STR
24 Carapace: Armor (8 PD/8 ED), Inherent (+1/4) (30 Active Points); Activation Roll 15- (-1/4) 0
34 Go With The Flow: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Not vs. Successful Find Weakness (-1/4) 0
48 Slippery Mind: Mental Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Not vs. Successful Find Weakness (-1/4) 0
34 Roll With The Impact: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Not vs. Successful Find Weakness (-1/4) 0
30 Impregnable: Lack Of Weakness (-10) for Normal Defense, Mental Defense and Resistant Defenses 0
2 Physical Paragon: Life Support (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum) (5 Active Points); Only For 5 Minutes Of Exposure At A Time (-1) 0
5 Physical Paragon: Life Support (Longevity 200 Years; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat) 0
10 Iron Will: Mental Defense (14 points total) 0
10 Unassailable Soul: Power Defense (20 points) (20 Active Points); Only Protects INT, EGO, PRE, Mental Damage Resistance and Mental Defense (-1) 0
20 Gift of Languages: Universal Translator 14-
6 Antennae: +3 PER with all Sense Groups (9 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2) 0
37 Antennae: Danger Sense (general area, any danger, Function as a Sense) 14-
32 Antennae: Spatial Awareness (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) 0
15 Antennae: Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) with Hearing Group and Normal Smell 0
Powers Cost: 460
Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
8 +2 HTH Damage Class(es) [Notes: Note - Add an additional 3d6 damage for "Master Blow" Power to all damaging Maneuvers when applied to targets against whom Paragon has Found Weakness]
3 Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 8d6 Strike, Target Falls
4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4 Martial Escape: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 50 STR vs. Grabs
3 Martial Grab: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 45 STR for holding on [Notes: STR 60 to hold on if Paragon is using the Unbreakable Clinch ability from his VPP.]
4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 9d6 Strike
3 Martial Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 7d6 +v/5, Target Falls
5 Offensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 11d6 Strike
5 Passing Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, 7d6 +v/5; FMove
5 Sacrifice Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, 11d6 Strike
5 Takeaway: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab Weapon, 45 STR to take weapon away
3 Takedown: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, 7d6 Strike; Target Falls
Martial Arts Cost: 56
Cost Skill
6 +2 with Martial Maneuvers
10 +2 with HTH Combat
15 +3 with DCV
20 +2 Overall
7 Acrobatics 17-
9 Analyze: Combat 17-
3 Breakfall 15-
3 Climbing 15-
3 Contortionist 15-
10 Defense Maneuver I-IV
3 AK: V'hanian Empire 14-
3 CuK: V'hanian Empire Cultures 14-
3 KS: Martial Arts 14-
6 KS: Ka'Karah 17-
3 KS: K'kari III and IV 14-
15 Power -Ka'Karah Mastery 20-
6 PS: Ka'Karah Instructor 17-
3 PS: V'Hanian Agent 14-
3 Shadowing 14-
3 Stealth 15-
5 Tactics 15-
3 Teamwork 15-
Skills Cost: 142
Cost Perk
6 Reputation: Master of Ka'Karah - Among The Greatest Martial Artists In All The Known Worlds (A large group - V'hanian Empire) 11-, +3/+3d6
Perks Cost: 6
Cost Talent
3 Lightsleep
3 Simulate Death
4 Double Jointed
Talents Cost: 10
Val Disadvantages
15 Distinctive Features: Alien Appearance - Antennae, Carapace, Vaguely Insectoid Appearance, Inhuman Movement (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
20 Psychological Limitation: Honorable (Common, Total)
20 Psychological Limitation: Oath-Bound To Obey Orders In Service Of The Empire (Common, Total)
20 Psychological Limitation: Will Not Use Weapons, Very Reluctant To Use Other Tools (Common, Total)
15 Reputation: Agent Of V'han, Superior Martial Artist, 11- (Extreme on Earth)
20 Social Limitation: Subject To Orders (Very Frequently, Major)
Disadvantage Points: 160

Base Points: 600Experience Required: 153Total Experience Available: 153Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 913

Height: 1.80 m Hair: N/A
Weight: 71.00 kg Eyes: Black, Rimmed With Orange
Appearance: Paragon's appearance is decidedly alien. Humans who encounter him or other K'kari, almost invariably describe their appearance as somewhat insectoid, but that really isn't very accurate. He is bipedal but only modestly humanoid in shape, as his arms and legs each have two more joints than do human limbs, allowing them to bend in ways impossible (and hard to describe) for most humanoids. Each limb ends in an appendage strongly resembling a human hand. He is extremely thin compared to a human being, with a long, spindly neck and small, nearly spherical head. He has no visible ears or nose, a vertical slit for a mouth, and two very small, lidless eyes which are set far apart, almost to the sides of his head. Four feathery, foot-long appendages (vaguely resembling moth antennae) ring his head, one above each eye and two placed at the back of his head. These appendages are his race's auditory and olfactory organs. Most of the K'kari body (everything but the joints and sensory organs) is covered with a hard, shiny carapace, covered with colored markings which vary greatly from individual to individuals; Paragon's carapace is black with gold and orange markings. He speaks softly, but with no notable accent or obviously alien inflections, reflecting the natural K'kari gift for languages.Personality: Paragon neither seeks out nor seeks to avoid combat. Despite its martial aspects and reputation as a deadly fighting art, Ka'Karah is about much more than violence, and Paragon, as a Master of Ka'Karah, embodies all of the aspects of the Way. At the same time, like most of his people and like all Ka'Karah Masters, Paragon is honorable to the core, and his oath of service to the Empire means that sometimes he is ordered to do violence. In such circumstances, he focuses all of his skill toward obeying his orders. Unlike some martial artists - but like other Ka'Karah practitioners - Paragon is not interested in proving that his art is better than another by defeating other martial artists. Ka'Karah defines superior skill in terms of self-mastery, not defeating others. He will fight other martial artists when doing so is necessary, but he takes no pride or joy from this than he does from defeating any other opponent or fulfilling any other order. His service to the Empire is one of duty, not personal gain or identification with the Empire and its goals.

All K'Kiri eschew weapons and avoid unnecessary reliance on technology, and this is particularly the case with the Ka'Karah Masters. Paragon has no problem with using space vehicles to travel between the stars, but he will not use technological devices of any sort to assist him in combat, and generally avoids using all but the most basic tools. If ordered to do so, he will carry a basic communication or recording device on a mission. Note that Paragon has no problem with others using weapons and tools, and that he does not disrespect them for doing so; he recognizes that the K'Kiri way and the Way of Ka'Karah are not for everyone. However, if someone states an interest in Ka'Karah, he will clearly state that in order to grasp the Way, an individual must be willing to rely on his or her own, inner resources, rather than tools and weapons.

Quote:"I understand that you intend your taunts to incite me to foolish behavior. You should understand that I am a Master of Ka'Karah. You may as well taunt the wind, the mountains and the seas." Background: The K'kari are a non-humanoid race that inhabits two worlds in one of the millions of dimensions ruled by Istvatha V'han. The K'kari were once extremely technologically advanced, but after they nearly wiped themselves out in a civil war, they turned their back on weapons and all but the most necessary technology. Very few K'kari are now technicians, and the race has made no significant technological or scientific advances in thousands of years; instead, they live a mostly agrarian existence and focus on self-mastery through mental, spiritual and physical discipline. The most advanced K'kari discipline, Ka'Karah, is both a philosophy (vaguely resembling taoism) and a martial art, and its most experienced practitioners are renowned throughout V'han's Empire for their superhuman battle prowess.

Ka'Karah and the K'kari skill with environment-friendly agriculture were what drew the Empress' attention to the K'kari. While not xenophobic, the K'kari as a species are not particularly interested in other species, and they have never cared one way or another about who ruled their dimension so long as they were mostly left to themselves, but they were bothered by the Empire's insistence that they serve the greater Empire, including sending members of the race offworld to for military service and to teach their techniques. Neither side wanted a war - the K'kari are not stupid and knew even the greatest Ka'Karah Masters could not defeat the vast forces of the Empire, while even the most martial of the Empress' military commanders paled at the thought of fighting a race that could perform incredible martial arts feats such as caving in the side of a grav tank with a single blow - so an agreement was reached. Under that agreement, the Empire would send observers and trainers to learn the K'kari agricultural techniques, while six of the greatest Ka'Karah Masters of each generation would spend ten years in service to the Empire, working as guards, soldiers and instructors. This arrangement has served both sides very well - by and large, the Empire's influence in K'kari life remains unobtrusive and trivial, while the Empire receives a small but steady supply of extremely skilled and loyal minions. As it turns out, few non-K'kiri are able to master the ways of Ka'Karah (not surprising, given the K'kiri's alien mindset and that it takes even them decades to master Ka'Karah techniques), though it has spawned a small but dedicated following throughout the Empire; in contrast, K'kiri agricultural techniques have proven widely applicable throughout the Empire.

K'ker Zin Karam is one of the Ka'Karah Masters currently in service to the Empire, and probably the greatest Master of the past three centuries. At an age most K'kiri were still perfecting basic techniques, he was already demonstrating skill with advanced techniques most never learn. By the time he left to serve the Empire, he'd demonstrated true mastery of techniques usually perfected by only one Master per generation, including the Battle Trance and the impressive Battle Form of Zun the Undefeated (named for the first and greatest Ka'Karah Master). His expertise was so great that upon his earning the title of Master, the other living Ka'Karah Masters bestowed upon him the title Karam the Paragon, in recognition of his true perfection of the Way of Ka'Karah. That title is the name by which he has become best-known both within and outside the Empire.

Powers/Tactics: As a true Master of Ka'Karah, Paragon is among the most skilled and deadly martial artists in the multiverse. Probably his only peers within V'Han's Empire are the greatest of the Ceran Warmasters.

Ka'Karah Battle Expertise (Find Weakness) is at the core of the Way's advanced martial training, and many other Ka'Karah abilities (for example, Master Blow and Shattering Strike) allow Paragon to do particularly devastating attacks to those against whom he has already succeeded with Find Weakness. Paragon's Ka'Karah Mastery VPP reflects a wide variety of powers he can draw upon, including many special attacks (often used along with Martial Maneuvers in a Multiple Power attack), various body control techniques, skill-enhanced movement techniques and the ability to anticipate an opponent's moves in order to better defend against them and penetrate the opponent's defenses. Essentially, this VPP allows Paragon to perform the kinds of wild feats common to Wuxia films and the more far-out martial arts comics and pulp fiction - think of Marvel's Iron Fist, the film "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" or the fictional martial art Sinanju portrayed in the "Destroyer" novel series as a good guide to the sorts of feats allowed by this VPP. Some typical Powers drawn from the pool are explained in the notes that accompany the Power descriptions.

In addition to the abilities he can draw from his VPP, so long as he can move freely, Paragon is able to roll with (and thus reduce the impact of) all but the most skillfully-aimed attacks, and his natural martial skill prevents all but the greatest warriors from identifying weak spots in his defenses. His mental discipline makes hiim all but impervious to mental attacks, while his combination of alertness training and K'kari physiology gives him exceptionally sharp senses and a sort of quasi-psychic danger sense. Paragon's alien physiology also grants him a degree of natural armor and a naturally-expanded lifespan, and makes him resistant to environments and conditions that would be extremely uncomfortable or deadly to humans.

Paragon can function well in a variety of combat roles. His speed, acute senses, agility and stealth-related skills make him good for scouting, while his exceptional combat abilities make him a natural front-line fighter. His abilities allow him to single-handedly take on large groups of lesser opponents, as he can't be flanked (Defense Maneuver, 360-degree coverage on some senses) and can use his VPP to do a variety of Area Attacks (such Power Constructs simulate his moving so quickly that he can dart around and strike numerous opponents in the blink of an eye). With Find Weakness, he can also penetrate the defenses of even most extremely powerful opponents (note that he almost always uses his Overall Skill Levels on Find Weakness when he uses this ability). Paragon's greatest weakness in combat is his lack of flight, but this weakness can often be overcome through teamwork with flying allies. Paragon's substantial resistance against mental attacks results in his often being assigned to deal with mentalist opponents.

Campaign Use: PCs will most likely encounter Paragon while he is taking part in some assigned mission, usually as part of a strike force including (or entirely consisting of) some of V'han's other superhuman operatives. He most often takes part in straight-forward, combat-oriented missions, aimed at either expanding the Empire or thwarting the plans of Tyrannon. He might also be sent on more espionage-oriented or intelligence-gathering missions, but his alienness makes it impossible for him to blend into humanoid cultures for any length of time unless he is closely assisted by someone able to disguise his appearance or render him invisible. Paragon won't Hunt heroes - or anyone - unless ordered to do so. As such, is might at most serve as a proxy against those Hunted by Istvatha V'han.

To make Paragon less powerful, reduce his DEX and SPD and/or the size of his VPP pool, reduce or eliminate his extra damage classes and/or Master Blow ability, and reduce or eliminate his Damage Reduction. To make him more powerful, make the VPP pool larger, give him extra damage classes and a few more martial maneuvers, or drop the Linked Limitation from Master Blow, so he can use this ability whether or not he's done Find Weakness on an opponent.

*blinks* Nice. I'm halfway dreading/anticipating meeting this team, but I love the writeups so far. I love that the alien martial's world's true worth is their agrocultural techniques. It makes it seem more of a whole body art. And the ones against tools make me wonder at their medical care...

All in all, a nice grouping, though I wonder how often they work together. It seems to me that this would be a specially designed team, rather then a normal grouping.

*blinks* Nice. I'm halfway dreading/anticipating meeting this team, but I love the writeups so far. I love that the alien martial's world's true worth is their agrocultural techniques. It makes it seem more of a whole body art. And the ones against tools make me wonder at their medical care...

All in all, a nice grouping, though I wonder how often they work together. It seems to me that this would be a specially designed team, rather then a normal grouping.

Simple, non-powered medical care devices - splints, scalpels and such - would be classified as "essential technology", as would things like hammers, simple cookware and shovels. They intentionally choose to not utilize the higher-tech medical care available to them as members of the Empire. At the same time, I imagine that ever since the K'kari abandoned high-tech, they've probably developed (or reclaimed) naturalistic health care techniques, reflecting the return of their culture to a nature-friendly form.

The various superhuman V'hanians are chosen for specific missions. Ones I present here are either ones that have been encountered in Earth's limited contact with V'han and her forces, or ones who Warmaster Fielan is particularly familiar with (and would thus have passed along the information to his teammates and the US Government). Given the size of V'han's empire, her total number of supers is probably quite large - large enough it's extremely unlikely they'd all be sent on any given mission. Thus, y'all might encounter ones presented here, completely different ones, or a mix, depending on the type of mission. I'm currently working on one who pretty much only does espionage-sorts of missions, so it's unlikely that individual (Shift) would be included in the same mission with, say, Max Force or Major Valor.

Its a damn good thing that not all her superhuman Imperial Guard are going to show up on Earth, as they probably number in the tens of thousands, at least. . .

( of course, the *really* hideous ones are probably more or less permanently attached to either the Empress' personal guard, or the front with Tyrannon or Skarn. . . )

Great work on Paragon. :) I tend to build Masters of Sinanju based on a MA/Super Skill VPP as well.

A silly tribute power set you might consider:

Add 10d6 Healing + Resurrection, only for Resurrection.

10 Levels of Density Increase, 1 Charge of 6 Hours, Trigger: Resurrection, Side Effect Always Occurs: Berserk, Believes Self to be Avihs, ancient K'kari God of Destruction.