trigger and csl level for magic

steph

if i have a energie blast with a trigger (vs incoming hostile spells) every casters who want to cast a hostile spell on me gonna have my energie blast before? correct me if i am wrong !!

second a spell who need a attack action like energie blast or mind control can have a csl for ecrase the ocv? and i much is it? 2 for a unique spell 3 for a categorie (like sorcery) 5 for more specific magic like all evil magic or all elemental and 8 for all magic...is that correct?

stef the french canadian and excuse my english again and again

Re: trigger and csl level for magic

Whether your trigger goes before the attacking spell is up to the GM -- some might say that your trigger goes at the same time as the attacking spell.

Also, the trigger has to be reset after it gets used, so if you are attacked more than once, it won't work.

A 2 point CSL will increase OCV for one spell; 3 point CSL will do 3 spells or a tight group of spells (I wouldn't allow Sorcery, but some GMs might), and you've got 5 and 8 right.

I would say you both roll the effect at the same time, but again, the GM must decide.

Going at the same time would mean both you and your opponent would take damage/effect as long as you both hit.

If one or the other goes off first, things might be different depending on the case. Imagine your opponent casting some kind of entangle. If your energy blast automatically goes off AFTER his entangle, you might be blasting yourself inside it.

I'd say your triggered blast goes off slightly after the effect that triggered it does, but close enough to simultaneous that the triggered effect will go off, even if you are completely disintigrated by what triggered it. Unless you buy limited precognition to help it along... but that could get messy in any of a number of ways, depending on how far ahead of the fact it shoots your 'enemies'.