persistent movement powers?

Sociotard

Now, flight is given as an example of what happens when persistent is applied to movement. But, how well do they move? If I turn on my persistent running and go to sleep, can I still stay on the road? Do I run the risk of trotting off a cliff? If I'm knocked out, will I just start wandering aimlessly or will I actively seek safety?

Oh, can "does not stack" be used as a limitation? What's it worth in a movement power?

Re: persistent movement powers?

I recall someone mentioning a scene from "The Six Million Dollar Man" (the book, I think) in which Steve Austin walks out of the desert, literally asleep on his feet, with his bionic legs still slogging away. That sounds like persistent movement to me.

In general, I would expect an unconscious character with active persistent movement powers to behave more or less like a car with a brick on the gas pedal--moving forward until something stops them, whether that be impassable terrain, running out of END, damage to the legs, or being knocked over.

Oh, and if the character (edit: is asleep or unconscious), then yes, he will probably run off of the road. Actively seeking safety is taking positive action, and there's no one there to do it.

Zeropoint

We have a PC in our group who has a persistant flight, governed by an A.I. for whenever he is knocked unconscious in battle. He must be in flight mode first, though. Anyway, the instructions are simple: Fly to home base.

This character has awakened to find himself 200 or more miles away from the scene of battle, on course for the homebase. Thank goodness for the team radio! :D

Mags

I used to have a player who's char had persistant flying that was that he treated the air as a surface so he could walk or sit on the air...when he got knocked out he just lay where he fell...he just didn't fall. I figure if you're out then you use you persistant move power to not move...if you are awake you are not required to move because you have a persistant move power...though I suppose you could sleep walk to some strange places.....