Need some ideas for a mini-series

proditor

My group just finished their long story arc and to break things up a bit, I'm running some mini-series style adventures. The speedster and the martial artist are one group, the Blood and sorceress are another, and both of those have series all planned out.

But then we have the last group. Titan (Team brick, flies), Sentinel (Power Armor) and Ultarviolet (Energy Blaster, Genticist). They all are around 400-420 pts right now and honestly I have no good plot seeds for a short (Say 2-3 session) adventure based around those 3 characters. Help???

Re: Need some ideas for a mini-series

Here is an amusing quick story concept :jawdrop: :

Sentinal is looking through some of his tech journals while killing time one morning when he discovers that someone has discovered a way to make tech operate more efficiently. The seminar will take place in another city and Titan and Ultraviolet travel with him all in secret identities. When they get there they find out that the seminar was nothing more than a trap put on by some villain (group) that they had defeated sometime ago and though was imprisoned, killed, whatever.

I hope that this idea helps you. If you use this idea please let me know how it works out.

But then we have the last group. Titan (Team brick, flies), Sentinel (Power Armor) and Ultarviolet (Energy Blaster, Genticist). They all are around 400-420 pts right now and honestly I have no good plot seeds for a short (Say 2-3 session) adventure based around those 3 characters. Help???

Not knowing about your style of play with this group, these may or may not be what you're looking for...

We're talking about my MOTHER here guys!- Assuming one of the PCs has a still living mother, perhaps there is something they don't know about her. Maybe at one time she was a super heroine herself before losing her powers (or they faded from aging whatever) or a PRIMUS agent, or even just a nosey reporter type who somehow interfered with a villain's plans decades ago. The villain was:

1) Put away in Stronghold, but ages at a slower rate and has now served his/her time.

2) Frozen in Carboni... some neat stuff, which preserved him/her, but has been freed and still in the prime of his/her power.

3) Put away, but the child of the villain has grown, taken up the mantle and seeks her out for revenge on a parent's behalf. She's probably unaware there is a champion in her own bloodline who can save her.

We just can't live with ourselves- For once, it's not the PCs who go dimension hopping. They start hearing reports of their costumed selves acting very atypically (Polite reserved type hitting on women and acting like a party animal, Easy going type picking fights, etc...Perhaps even commiting crimes, in which case they may find themselves wanted by the authorities). What has happened is their doubles from an alternate reality have (for whatever reason) escaped to this Earth, and are determined to set up new lives here. Of course, the fact this is screwing with the PCs lives either hasn't occured to them or they don't care.

Hero Worship- The Trio stumbles upon a group of mystical guys up to no good, chanting around an obelisk and seeking to become 'as gods!'. Of course, the PCs interfere, and the obelisk becomes broken. Each of them is bathed in powerful magics, and then the seperate pieces of the Obelisk vanish. From now on, all but the strongest willed NPCs see the PCs as Gods, worshiping, and adoring them. This is great at first, but soon becomes a nightmare. Even in their secret IDs people venerate and want to be near them. They're slightest sayings are misintrepreted as 'holy commands'. When it looks like folks are ready to begin sacrificing animals to them, they may get the hint this needs to be stopped. They will learn by consulting any mystic type who'll talk to them, that the obelisk is not destroyed, but merely seperated again. It must be rejoined to undo the ritual. Our heroes must now go around the country (or world) seeking these pieces out all the wyile avoiding 'worshipers' and those who are stronger willed but seek to bring these "new Gods" down. After all, many Master Villains bow to no one!

:)

But then we have the last group. Titan (Team brick' date=' flies), Sentinel (Power Armor) and Ultarviolet (Energy Blaster, Geneticist). They all are around 400-420 pts right now and honestly I have no good plot seeds for a short (Say 2-3 session) adventure based around those 3 characters. Help???[/quote']

Stick them with a mystery. Not one that really requires skills they don't have - things like Criminology, Forensic Medicine, etc. - and which thus forces them to stand around while some NPC sleuth solves the case. Rather, base the adventure around rather some set of events that seem connected, but don't quite fit together, such that the heroes have to figure out what is going on and who's behind it - and if they can figure those things out, they can be better ready for the opposition, and hopefully anticipate what the bad guys plan next, so they can set up an ambush or whatever.

Make sure it's something that does draw upon some of the characters' skills - maybe some Sciences for Ultraviolet, some tech/electronic stuff for Sentinel and... well, whatever skills flying brick man has. Or, don't make the primary skills be the useful ones. Work in some background and knowledge skills, or give clues that would cause the characters to make use of any contacts.

In the comics, it isn't just guys like Batman who get stuck with mysteries. Give the powerhouses something to do for once other than just smash and blast stuff. Even relatively weak opponents can be a challenge if the heroes have to outsmart them rather than just knocking them around. It'll be fun for all.

All very good ideas and ones I'm going to plunder extensively, so thanks everyone so far. :)

I like the mystery idea and it might tie into some research UV did on the Silver Avengers...Oh, Titan is trained stuntman, so he has a lot of PRE based skills. Might be some way to tie that in as well....

The Mom idea from Hermit has me making evil chuckling sounds....but I may save that for the second round of mini-series after the next big arc.

And the tech convention is priceless. :) I could easily see UV and Sentinel going for a look-see and geting bushwacked.

Again, thanks for all the awesome ideas so far, you guys have already started the gears turning again.

Ideas generated randomly from Hero Helper:

* The villain has devised a scheme to recruit soldiers

* Which sets the stage for the villain to murder another super villain

* This evil plot is for the fun of it

You have a mini-turf war go on and your heroes end up in the middle somehow (maybe the marked-for-death villain asks for the heroes help in exchange for some information)

* A hero is struck by a power-switching ray and switches powers with another hero/villain

This idea sounds like fun for a short run game especially if you have the three heroes switch. Don't share the character sheets with them as they try to learn the powers. Throw a simple bank robbery or mugging right after their powers have switched.

* The villain has publicly devised a scheme to aquire a futuristic dagger

* This incredible plan is to destroy the heroes

One of the hunteds decides to announce his intentions to steal a light dagger (smaller than a light saber) just to goad the heroes into action.

* While taking a much needed rest, the heroes hear about a daring plot to torch a bank

* So the villain can locate a mysterious amulet

* This incredible plan is to win the love of his life back

The heroes find themselves meshed in a love triangle between the Villainn, his lover, and the bank president. You can run it as a fight or if you make the villain pour his soul out to the heroes, you could have the heroes try to coach the villain in the ways of romance.

Just a few random ideas

nyakki

I like the mystery idea and it might tie into some research UV did on the Silver Avengers...Oh' date=' Titan is trained stuntman, so he has a lot of PRE based skills. Might be some way to tie that in as well.... [/quote']

PRE Skills are a great way to get information. Conversation. Streetwise. Oratory. Persuasion. With the right approach and good enough PRE attacks - which don't have to be used only to intimidate, remember - you can mimic those effects, if the character hasn't purchased the Skills.