Another Take on the Animated Justice League

JMHammer

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Another Take on the Animated Justice League

So as I'm understanding this it applies to advantages that adjust DC's. She would spend pts on any End she uses for Str. So that's counted all ready. Hmm.

I remember that I did read that you can't have 2 MP's that work on top of each other. That's what I was trying to work around.

Something else I missed initially...

Ranged cannot be applied to HTH Attack (however, it can be applied to HKA).

If I understand the problem correctly, you just want the character to do more damage. I think it is sensible to say that it might not do as much damage when thrown as it would when used HTH.

example:

37 Nth Metal Energy Mace: Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); all slots OAF Unbreakable (-1)

3u 1) Smash!: Hand-To-Hand Attack +10d6, Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; PD or ED (electricity); +1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=3

3u 2) Throw!: Energy Blast 12d6, Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; PD or ED (electricity); +1/4) (75 Active Points); Range Based On Strength (-1/4) - END=7

I suggest also adding a good Dispel (vs magic and tech) in there as well.

The Missile Deflection and HTH Levels are crazy powerful for very little points if allowed in the multipower. Definitely a GM call.

Actually my main goal was not to get more or less dice out of this. I just think there has to be a better way of writing up a weapon like this. There's the basic types dmg that anyone can do with it and it can be thrown. To me that can be represented without 4 different slots in a MP. Someone with training can do a lot more with it thus the MP that should add to it. Not several MP's stacked on top of each other.

I guess I'm looking for a more elegant build. There has to be an easier way. :)

Perhaps creating a custom Limitation that defines the weapon as a real mace (give it a STR minimum, minus to OCV without familiarity, etc..) without the cleaning and upkeep requirements of the actual 'Real Weapon' Limitation.

Regarding the weapon's base damage and how skill can increase it...

I seem to recall more than one episode showing her just touching (EB being used at no range perhaps) something or someone with the 'electrified' mace with great effect. It seemed like a pretty powerful effect without any skill behind it.

The rules do not forbid characters from adding Martial Maneuver damage to Advantaged HA or HKA attacks (there is no limit like adding STR). Again this is a GM call however.

Give the character CSL's instead of the weapon. They can be used to increase damage instead of CV as well.