Another Take on the Animated Justice League

JMHammer

Re: Another Take on the Animated Justice League

For those of you looking for Teen Titans writeups, they are here:

TV Teen Titans Writeups

Be aware that those writeups are not on the same scale as the ones I'm producing in this thread; the adaptors used different criteria for their conversions. So you'd have to make adjustments in one group of characters or the other in order for them to "play" together properly.

I won't be doing the Titans unless they appear in one of the other DCAU shows, because:

1- I don't think they're in the same continuity, based on the heavily contrasting animation and writing styles.

2- Because Titans is relatively "cartoony," the abilities of the characters aren't consistent from episode to episode and sometimes not even within the same episode. And far too many liberties are taken with otherwise established physical laws and properties, such as, "There is no air in outer space," except on the Titans, there is air there if the writers want it that way for that particular scene.

3- I don't like the Titans show so I don't watch it except when one of my young nieces or nephews insists. Whereas I think much of the other DCAU shows, even Static, stand right up with any drama or dramady you can find on network prime-time TV, the Titans program appears to me, at best, as just another anime-inspired cartoon for kids and not the best of the bunch at that. (I'm not knocking anyone who enjoys it. Different strokes and all that...)

AlHazred said:

I agree: These characters could be much more heavily streamlined. Take a look at the Superman and Wonder Woman writeups that JmOz did last year (referenced with a link in the first message of this thread) as they are both 350 points. I think JmOz plans to someday complete the AJL7 at 350 points each.

I tried to represent the commonly-used abilities and devices of every character, and made some effort to represent logical extensions of those demonstrated abilities. I totally hand-waved the costs of vehicles, bases, and some contacts, but otherwise took some pains to make them comprehensive but playable.

Sure, Superman probably used Super-Drilling only once or twice, but as it was just two or a few more points in a multipower slot, and possibly difficult to justify with a use of Power Skill, I threw it in there. I don't see Superman trying to Super-Drill through dirt and failing, do you? Supes could use Power Skill to do a stunt like try to make his Super-Breath a cold blast instead of a Reduced-Penetration/Double-Knockback physical blast, and that's been rare enough that I figured it wasn't worth writing up as a specific power.

As for Batman, other than the hand-wavy things like followers, bases, and vehicles, he's demonstrated most of what's on that character sheet during the three seasons of JL shows. Also, I eventually plan to hit the rest of the DCAU characters as I can, including the current Robin (Tim Drake, I think), plus Batgirl, Nightwing (Dick Grayson, right?), Static, and so on. And let's face it: He's BATMAN! Knows all, sees all, does all... within reasonable normal human limits, anyway. Remove his access to the followers, bases, vehicles, and extreme "Bat-resources" and he's usable by a player with the other 6 original AJLers. As it is, and as my stream-of-consciousness notes stated, I'd probably reserve him for use as an NPC if he's to be played with the other 6.

Thank you all for your comments!

John H

Well I intend to finish the first 7 members, and maybe Green arrow...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Blood and Etrigan "first draft"

This time, my random notes first:

-Jason Blood is the human form of the Demon Etrigan. Neither is technically a "true form" per the Hero rules; either is as valid as the other as far as one can see from the JL episodes in which they've appeared. I always have the most expensive form pay the points for Multiform in order to prevent players from abusing the 5:1 expense ratio. Therefore, Etrigan pays for Multiform while Jason does not. Treat Jason as the "true form" for all other purposes, however. Since Jason and Etrigan appear to be two completely different beings, albeit with a psychic link to retain the memories of the other, it might be reasonable to not apply damage taken by one to the other; that would not be an advantage since Etrigan regenerates damage quickly while Jason heals at a merely human rate.

-Etrigan is much less inclined to summon Jason than Jason is to summon Etrigan. Etrigan will tend to remain until whatever situation for which he was summoned has been resolved. Etrigan has a minor Psychological Disadvantage to represent this.

-Since Jason is about a thousand years old, he has amassed a huge amount of knowledge and has the skills one would expect of a debonair thousand-year-old former Knight of the Round Table. (Think of him almost as the anti-Vandal Savage.) He is not, however, a combat monster: When things get dicey, or Morgaine is nearby, Jason doesn't hesitate to summon Etrigan and leave the driving to the demon.

-Jason doesn't carry weapons on his person, but is often in an environment (his home, museums, etc.) where swords, maces, and similar things are just laying around. If Jason gets into a protracted combat and can't (or for some reason won't) summon Etrigan, allow him to pick up and use whatever's around. This will rarely be the case, however, and so I haven't had Jason pay for any weapons or armor.

-Notes on the x3 Active Points Advantage which I've given to Jason's The Strength of Avalon Variable Power Pool: This is an Advantage for Variable Power Pools which allows individual powers built with the VPP to exceed the normal Active Point limit by a certain multiple. The cost of this Advantage is +1/4 for each +1/2x where X is the normal Active Point limit. Examples- A VPP with 10 Real Points normally has a 10 Active Point cap on any power built with the VPP. With a x1.5 Active Points Advantage (+1/4), any power built can have up to 15 Active Points; with a x2 Active Points Advantage (+1/2), any power built can have up to 20 Active Points; with a x5 Active Points Advantage (+2), any power built can have up to 50 Active Points. Note that this does not increase the Real Points available for the VPP, and so Limitations will have to be applied to powers so that all the simultaneously active powers from the VPP do not exceed the number of Real Points in the VPP. If you don't like this, delete it and pump the pool total from 30 to 90.

-I'd love to get suggestions for Jason's Knowledge Skills, Area/City Knowledge Skills, and Contacts. And as usual, I need help with Disadvantages.

Jason Blood

Player:

Val** Char*** Cost
13** STR 3
17** DEX 21
18** CON 16
13** BODY 6
13** INT 3
14** EGO 8
20** PRE 10
16** COM 3
7** PD 4
5** ED 1
4** SPD 13
7** REC 0
30** END -3
30** STUN 1
*6"**RUN02"**SWIM02 1/2"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 86

Cost** Power END
5** Suspended Lifespan: Life Support (Longevity Immortal)* 0
5** Mental Defense (10 points total) (7 Active Points); Only Works Against Magic (-1/2)* 0
7** Power Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); Only Works Against Magic (-1/2)* 0
10** Detect Magic 12- (Unusual Group)* 0
12** Sense Magic: (Total: 20 Active Cost, 12 Real Cost) Discriminatory with Detect Magic (5 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2) (Real Cost: 3) plus Range with Detect Magic (5 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2) (Real Cost: 3) plus Tracking with Detect Magic (5 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2) (Real Cost: 3) plus +5 versus Range Modifier for Detect Magic (5 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2) (Real Cost: 3) [Notes: Hero Designer doesn't handle Endurance for powers like this very well. The total Endurance cost for this Compound Power is 2, based on the total Active Cost of 20.]* 4
28** A Taste of Avalon: Variable Power Pool (Magic Pool), 20 base + 8 control cost, (30 Active Points); all slots Variable Limitations (requires -1/2 worth of Limitations; -1/4) [Notes: Jason's magical skills allow him to generate any number of minor effects on the fly. He normally uses a variety of Detects, Enhanced Senses, light generation, and similar spells. Most commonly this can be hand-waved as it will only very rarely have any effect on combat.]*
36** The Strength of Avalon: Variable Power Pool (Magic Pool), 30 base + 6 control cost, x3 Active Points (+1) (60 Active Points); VPP Powers Can Be Changed Only In Given Circumstance (Access to Research Materials; -1/2); all slots Extra Time (1 Hour, Only to Activate, -1 1/2), OAF Expendable (Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1 1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) [Notes: Through lengthy rituals using exotic materials, Jason can create more impressive effects. A common spell would be the summoning of a demon or other magical being, usually for the purpose of questioning said being. Jason must use all of the Limitations listed; he may add others at his option. Both the Active Points and Real Points from The Strength of Avalon add to those from A Taste of Avalon. x3 Active Point Maximum is a VPP Advantage which costs +1/4 for each +1/2x Active Points allowable for any one power. For Jason therefore, this Advantage allows a spell from The Strength of Avalon to have up to 90 Active Points (instead of only 30); added to the 20 Active Points from A Taste of Avalon, this is a total Active Point cap of 110. Considering Jason's Magic Skill roll (a base of 12-), he will likely need several bonuses to his roll from complementary skills, having exceptional research materials at hand, or by taking a lot of extra time in order to set this power to one with a large Active Point total.]*
Powers Cost: 103

Cost** Martial Arts Maneuver
** Ancient Knightly Combat [Notes: Note that this martial art can be used only with the weapons purchased with Weapon Element, and there is no bare-handed element for this martial art.]*
4** 1) Charge: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -2 DCV, 4 1/2d6 +v/5 Strike, FMove*
3** 2) Basic Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, 4 1/2d6 Strike*
4** 3) Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort*
2** 4) Weapon Element: Axes, Maces, Hammers, and Picks, Blades, Lances*
Martial Arts Cost: 13

Cost** Skill
10** +1 Overall*
8** +1 with All Combat*
5** +1 with HTH Combat*
5** +1 with Arthurian-era Weapons*
6** Penalty Skill Levels: +2 vs. armor penalties to DCV with All Attacks*
10** +2 with Knowledge Skills related to magic, history, and languages*
3** Analyze: Magic 12-*
1** Armorsmith 8-*
3** Bureaucratics 13-*
3** Combat Driving 12-*
3** Conversation 13-*
3** Cryptography 12-*
3** Disguise 12-*
3** Forgery 12-*
3** High Society 13-*
3** Paramedics 12-*
5** Power: Magic Skill 12- [Notes: Jason must use this skill to change the allocation of his two Variable Power Pools. Use the normal -1/10 Active Points modifier to each attempt.]*
3** Riding 12-*
2** SS: Spell Research 11-*
3** Shadowing 12-*
3** Stealth 12-*
3** Streetwise 13-*
3** Tracking 12-*
1** TF: Carts & Carriages, Equines, Huge Beasts*
11** WF: Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, Early Firearms, Siege Engines, Small Arms, Lances*
1** Weaponsmith 8-*
3** Linguist*
1** 1) Language: Chinese (basic conversation; literate) (2 Active Points)*
1** 2) Language: French (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)*
1** 3) Language: Gaelic (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)*
1** 4) Language: German (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)*
1** 5) Language: Greek (basic conversation; literate) (2 Active Points)*
1** 6) Language: Japanese (basic conversation; literate) (2 Active Points)*
1** 7) Language: Latin (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)*
2** 8) Language: Old English (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)*
1** 9) Language: Russian (basic conversation; literate) (2 Active Points)*
1** 10) Language: Spanish (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)*
3** Scholar*
20** 1) KS: 20 Points of Knowledge Skills (21 Active Points) 30-*
3** Traveler*
20** 1) AK: 20 Points of Area/City Knowledge Skills (21 Active Points) 30-*
Skills Cost: 167

Cost** Perk
3** Well-Connected*
29** 1) 29 Points of contacts (Custom Adder) (30 Active Points) 8-*
7** 2) Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Very Good relationship with Contact) (8 Active Points) 8-*
2** Fringe Benefit: International Driver's License, Passport*
5** Money: Well Off*
Perks Cost: 46

Total Character Cost: 415

Val** Disadvantages
15** Hunted: Morgaine Le Fay 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)*
10** Hunted: Some random enemy from his past 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)*
15** Hunted: Merlin and other guardian powers 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)*
15** Psychological Limitation: Obsessed with defeating Morgaine (Common, Strong)*
10** Psychological Limitation: Believes he is unworthy of respect (Common, Moderate)*
5** Psychological Limitation: Haunted by his past misdeeds (Uncommon, Moderate)*
5** Social Limitation: Secret ID (Occasionally, Minor)*

Disadvantage Points: 75

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 140

Total Experience Available: 140

Experience Unspent: 0

Etrigan The Demon

Player:

Val** Char*** Cost
35** STR 25
22** DEX 36
35** CON 50
25** BODY 30
13** INT 3
14** EGO 8
20** PRE 10
8** COM -1
12/15** PD 5
12/15** ED 5
4** SPD 8
20** REC 12
70** END 0
70** STUN 9
*12"**RUN122"**SWIM012"**LEAP5Characteristics Cost: 217

Cost** Power END
47** Jason Blood: Multiform (415 Character Points in the most expensive form) (83 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Incantations (-1/4)* 0
75** Elemental Blast: Energy Blast 12d6, Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; Fire, Cold, and Magic; +1/4) (75 Active Points)* 7
36** Claws: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (4d6 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); Reduced Penetration (-1/4)* 0
5** Digging In: Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Not on surfaces with a Defense higher than 12 (based on max damage from Claws) and nothing to grip (-1/4), Running is halved when Clinging (-1/4)* 0
43** Magic Wards: (Total: 94 Active Cost, 43 Real Cost) Force Field (6 PD/6 ED/6 Mental Defense/6 Power Defense/6 Flash Defense: Sight Group) (30 Active Points); Only Works Against Magic (-1/2), Must be aware of attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 15) plus Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack) (20 Active Points); Only Works Against Magic (-1/2), Linked (Force Field; -1/2) (Real Cost: 10) plus +4 with DCV (20 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Only Works Against Magic (-1/2) (Real Cost: 10) plus +12 EGO (24 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Only for defensive purposes (DECV and resisting Presence Attacks) (-1/2), Only Works Against Magic (-1/2), Linked (Force Field; -1/2) (Real Cost: 8)* 7
9** Tough Skin: Armor (3 PD/3 ED)* 0
9** Suspended Lifespan/Demonic Form: Life Support (Longevity Immortal; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat)* 0
6** Demonic Regeneration: Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Minute (-1 1/2), Self Only (-1/2), Does Not Work On Some Damage Holy and Blessed Weapons/Attacks (-1/4)* 0
** Demonic Senses*
22** 1) Magic Sense: Detect Magic 12- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Range, Sense* 0
5** 2) Eyes of Night: Nightvision* 0
5** 3) Eyes of Fire: Infrared Perception (Sight Group)* 0
2** 4) Big Ears: +1 PER with Hearing Group* 0
Powers Cost: 264

Cost** Skill
6** +2 with OCV for Elemental Blast and Claws*
3** Acrobatics 13-*
3** Breakfall 13-*
3** Climbing 13-*
3** Concealment 12-*
3** Interrogation 13-*
2** AK: The Infernal Realms 11-*
1** KS: Evil Magic 8-*
1** Language: Latin (basic conversation)*
3** Power: Elemental Blast Tricks 11-*
2** PS: Minion of Evil 11-*
4** Survival (Hell, Underground) 12-*
3** Tactics 12-*
3** Tracking 12-*
4** WF: Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons*
Skills Cost: 44

Total Character Cost: 525

Val** Disadvantages
15** Distinctive Features: Fierce Demon (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)*
5** Distinctive Features: Magic Aura (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)*
15** Hunted: Morgaine Le Fay 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)*
5** Hunted: Demon Hunters 8- (Less Pow, Capture)*
15** Hunted: Merlin and other guardian powers 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)*
15** Psychological Limitation: Obsessed with defeating Morgaine (Common, Strong)*
5** Psychological Limitation: Tends to remain the "dominant personality" and not summon Jason Blood until a mission has been completed, even if Jason's skills might be needed (Uncommon, Moderate)*
5** Social Limitation: Secret ID (Occasionally, Minor)*
5** Susceptibility: Holy or blessed objects in skin contact, 1d6 damage per Minute (Uncommon)*
10** Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Holy or blessed weapons/attacks (Uncommon)*

Disadvantage Points: 95

Experience Required: 230

Total Experience Available: 230

Orion "first draft"

-Orion is the son of Darkseid but was raised by Highfather. He's strong, tough, and has "Astral Force" which is similar to Darkseid's "Omega Force" but possibly weaker; certainly Orion doesn't have the sort of control of his Astral Force that his father has with his Omega Force, and apparently can only channel it though his Astral Harness.

-Orion possesses a Mother Box, a sentient computer with quite a number of powers of its own, the most potent of which are the creation of "Boom Tube" teleport gates and nearly omniscient information resources. It would be perfectly reasonable to build Mother Box as an AI but I've chosen to make it a Focus for now. Orion could be made a fair bit less espensive by building Mother Box as something other than a Focus (Follower, AI, etc.).

-Mother Box might get a few more skills for the final draft, such as Deduction and Analyze.

-Orion is destined to be the greatest warrior in the universe (among the New Gods, anyway...) but I don't think he's quite there yet based on what we saw in the Superman animated series and the couple of JL episodes where he's appeared.

Orion

Player:

Val** Char*** Cost
70** STR 60
23** DEX 39
30** CON 40
15** BODY 10
10** INT 0
10** EGO 0
15** PRE 5
10** COM 0
25/30** PD 1
20/25** ED 9
4** SPD 7
20** REC 0
60** END 0
65** STUN 0
*6"**RUN02"**SWIM014"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 171

Cost** Power END
23** Invulnerability of the New Gods: Armor (10 PD/5 ED)* 0
10** Life of the New Gods: Life Support (Longevity Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat)* 0
10** Life Force of the New Gods: Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (30 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 20 Minutes (-2)* 0
17** Vitality of the New Gods: Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (17 Active Points) applied to STR*
7** Astral Force Punch: Hand-To-Hand Attack +2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Only vs Darkseid and the creatures and machines of Apokolips (-1/2)* 0
13** Study of the Enemy: Find Weakness 11- with Related Group of Attacks (Astral Force Punch and Astral Force Projection) (20 Active Points); Only vs Darkseid and the creatures and machines of Apokolips (-1/2)* 0
** Astral Harness, all slots OIF (Personal, Unbreakable; -1/2) [Notes: Slots 4, 5, and 6 compose the Astral Force Projection that Orion can generate with his Astral Harness. Slot 6 represents that his Astral Force is more effective against Darkseid and his minions and creations than against other targets. Slot 5 allows Orion to add more damage to his basic Astral Force blast but at a very high Endurance cost beyond the basic 12d6.]*
20** 1) Astral Flight: Flight 10", Variable Advantage (+1/4 Advantages; +1/2) (30 Active Points)* 3
21** 2) Astral Field Generation I: Force Field (5 PD/5 ED/5 Power Defense) (Protect Carried Items), Hardened (+1/4) (31 Active Points)* 3
13** 3) Astral Field Generation II: Life Support (Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing), Usable Simultaneously (up to 2 people at once; +1/2) (30 Active Points); Linked (Astral Field Generation I; Lesser Power can only be used when character uses greater Power at full value; -3/4)* 0
40** 4) Astral Force Projection I: Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points)* 6
4** 5) Astral Force Projection II: Energy Blast 3d6, Only to add to Astral Force Projection I (+0) (15 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x5 END; -2)* 5
7** 6) Astral Force Projection III: Energy Blast 2d6, Only to add to Astral Force Projection I/II. (+0), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); Only vs Darkseid and the creatures and machines of Apokolips (-1/2)* 0
** Mother Box, all slots OIF (Personal, Unbreakable; -1/2), All powers require verbal commands to activate and control (-1/4) [Notes: You might care to assume that Mother Box is in some extended "recharge mode" and unavailable for use, or that Orion does not have it with him, in order to power him down some. Doing so will take him down from 650 points to 429 points. Using Mother Box only to drive the plot would be a perfectly reasonable way of controlling its otherwise significant impact on a game.]*
3** 1) Mother Box's Power Core: Endurance Reserve (50 END, 1 REC) Reserve: (6 Active Points); Recovery is 1/Minute, not 1/Turn (-1/4)* 0
28** 2) Boom Tube: Teleportation 10", Must pay END each phase as if full power is being used regardless of power level actually in use (+0), Usable Simultaneously (up to 2 people at once; +1/2), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Continuous (+1), MegaScale (1" = 1,000 km; +1), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (85 Active Points); Gate (-1/2), Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2), The Boom Tube must be open for a minimum of one full turn before it can be voluntarily closed (-1/4)* 8
30** 3) Intergalactic Boom Tube: Teleportation 10", Costs 8 END per phase to maintain after the first phase (+0), Must pay END each phase as if full power is being used regardless of power level actually in use (+0), Usable Simultaneously (up to 2 people at once; +1/2), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Continuous (+1), MegaScale (1" = 1 million lightyears; +5) (160 Active Points); 2 Charges which Recover every 1 Week (-2), Gate (-1/2), Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2), The Boom Tube must be open for a minimum of one full turn before it can be voluntarily closed (-1/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4)* 16
11** 4) Boom Tube Destinations: Teleportation: Floating Fixed Location (4 Locations) (20 Active Points)* 0
13** 5) Mother Box Display: Sight and Hearing Groups Images 1" radius, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points)* 0
5** 6) Communication Matrix I: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); Linked (Mother Box Display; -1/2)* 0
20** 7) Communications Matrix II: Mind Link , Alien class of minds, Specific Group of Minds (Other Mother Boxes), Any distance, No LOS Needed, Number of Minds (x4), Psychic Bond (40 Active Points); Linked (Mother Box Display; -1/4)* 0
21** 8) Scanner I: Spatial Awareness (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Rapid (x1,000), Transmit (53 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Linked (Mother Box Display; -1/4)* 0
66** 9) Scanner II: Spatial Awareness (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Rapid (x1,000), Transmit, MegaScale (1" = 10,000 km; +1 1/4), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (132 Active Points); Linked (Mother Box Display; -1/4)* 0
24** 10) Computer Emulation: (Total: 40 Active Cost, 24 Real Cost) KS: General Knowledge (18 Active Points) 27- (Real Cost: 10) plus Absolute Range Sense (3 Active Points) (Real Cost: 2) plus Absolute Time Sense (3 Active Points) (Real Cost: 2) plus Eidetic Memory (5 Active Points) (Real Cost: 3) plus Lightning Calculator (3 Active Points) (Real Cost: 2) plus Speed Reading (x1000) (8 Active Points) (Real Cost: 5) [Notes: Communication between the Mother Box and the user is through the Mother Box Display. Although this makes the Computer Emulation functions subject to Flashes and other effects, it has not been assigned a Limitation value.]* 0
Powers Cost: 406

Cost** Skill
5** +1 with All Combat (8 Active Points); Only vs Darkseid and the creatures and machines of Apokolips (-1/2)*
5** +1 with HTH Combat*
2** +1 with Astral Force Projection*
3** Bureaucratics 12-*
3** Combat Driving 14-*
3** Combat Piloting 14-*
3** High Society 12-*
3** Interrogation 12-*
1** AK: Apokolips 8-*
2** AK: New Genesis 11-*
2** KS: The Minions of Darkseid 11-*
1** Langauge: The Script of the New Gods (Literacy) *
3** Navigation (Air, Space) 11-*
3** Oratory 12-*
3** Power: Astral Force Tricks 11-*
2** PS: Warrior of New Genesis 11-*
3** Security Systems 11-*
4** Survival (Hellish place like Apokolips, Urban) 11-*
3** Systems Operation 11-*
3** Tactics 11-*
4** TF: Anthropomorphic Mecha, Mecha, Science Fiction & Space Vehicles, Spaceplanes, Combat Aircraft, Wheeled Military Vehicles*
7** WF: Beam Weapons, Common Melee Weapons, Energy Weapons, Vehicle Weapons*
Skills Cost: 68

Cost** Perk
5** Fringe Benefit: Member of the Aristocracy/Higher Nobility*
Perks Cost: 5

Total Character Cost: 650

Val** Disadvantages
25** Dependent NPC: The people of New Genesis 11- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills; Group DNPC: x8 DNPCs)*
5** Distinctive Features: The Mark of Darkseid (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)*
15** Enraged: In combat (Very Common), go 8-, recover 14-*
25** Enraged: In combat against Darkseid or any other blood relative (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 8-*
30** Hunted: Darkseid and his various minions 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)*
15** Psychological Limitation: Considers himself superior to other beings, even most other New Gods (Common, Strong)*
10** Psychological Limitation: Easily angered (Common, Moderate)*
10** Psychological Limitation: Experiences violent outbursts (Common, Moderate)*
5** Reputation: The son of Darkseid, 8- (Extreme; Known Only To A Small Group)*
5** Rivalry: Professional (One of the New Gods; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)*
10** Social Limitation: Public ID (Frequently, Major, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)*

Disadvantage Points: 155

Experience Required: 295

Total Experience Available: 295

Sinestro "first draft"

Sinestro was a quick job: Using my Green Lantern file as a base, I trimmed some Characteristics, rearranged the Skills and Disadvantages, removed the Emergency Shield power and replaced it with a pair of illusion-based powers, and that was about it.

Sinestro can use his Ultimate Deception power to leave gloating messages for his enemies to find:

As Green Lantern steps into the museum's vault an image of Sinestro appears. "Ha-ha-ha! Once again you are too late, Green Lantern! While you waste time watching this holographic recording, I am even now combining the final components of the dimensional gate which, once opened, will turn the skies of this world yellow with the armies of Qward!"

Anyway, enjoy:

Sinestro

Player:

Val** Char*** Cost
13** STR 3
18** DEX 24
13** CON 6
15** BODY 10
13** INT 3
18** EGO 16
15** PRE 5
12** COM 1
5/15** PD 2
5/15** ED 2
4** SPD 12
6/15** REC 0
26/76** END 0
30/55** STUN 1
*6"**RUN02"**SWIM02 1/2"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 85

Cost** Power END
29** Effortless Flight: Multipower, 50-point reserve, (50 Active Points); all slots OIF Unbreakable (-1/2), Ring must be recharged (-1/4)*
3u** 1) Versatile Flight: Flight 10", Position Shift, Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; +1) (50 Active Points)* 5
3u** 2) Space Travel: Flight 9", MegaScale (1" = 100,000 km; +1 1/2), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (49 Active Points) [Notes: At Sinestro's Speed of 4, this is just about the speed of light.]* 5
3u** 3) Warp Speed: Faster-Than-Light Travel (2 Light Years/minute) (50 Active Points)* 0
86** Ring Powers Group One: Multipower, 150-point reserve, (150 Active Points); all slots OIF Unbreakable (-1/2), Ring must be recharged (-1/4)*
17m** 1) Yellow Peril: Energy Blast 13d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; +1) (146 Active Points)* 6
17m** 2) Yellow Power Projection: Telekinesis (53 STR), Affects Porous, Fine Manipulation, Variable Advantage (+1/4 Advantages; +1/2) (149 Active Points)* 15
17m** 3) Yellow Protection: Force Wall (15 PD/15 ED; 7" long and 7" tall), Variable Advantage (+1/4 Advantages; +1/2) (148 Active Points)* 15
16m** 4) Ultimate Deception: Sight, Touch and Hearing Groups Images Increased Size (8" radius; +3/4), +/-8 to PER Rolls, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Can apply the area as Radius, Cone, Line, or Any Area (+1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Trigger (+1/2) (143 Active Points)* 6
** Ring Powers Group Two, all slots OIF Unbreakable (-1/2), Ring must be recharged (-1/4)*
10** 1) Yellow Glow: Armor (6 PD/6 ED) (18 Active Points)* 0
34** 2) Sustain Life: Life Support (Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing), Usable Simultaneously (up to 2 people at once; +1/2), Ranged (+1/2), Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1) (60 Active Points)* 0
35** 3) Ultimate Disguise: Shape Shift (Sight, Hearing and Touch Groups, limited group of shapes (humanoids)), Imitation, Makeover, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (61 Active Points)* 0
** Ring Powers Group Three, all slots IIF Unbreakable (-1/4) [Notes: The ring does not have to be charged for these powers to function; Sinestro must simply be wearing it.]*
3** 1) +4 PD (4 Active Points)*
3** 2) +4 ED (4 Active Points)*
14** 3) +9 REC (18 Active Points)*
20** 4) +50 END (25 Active Points)*
20** 5) +25 STUN (25 Active Points)*
33** All the little things: Variable Power Pool, 20 base + 13 control cost, Cosmic (+2) (50 Active Points); Limited Class Of Powers Available (-1/2); all slots OIF Unbreakable (-1/2), Ring must be recharged (-1/4) [Notes: This VPP is for all the little things not covered by the main power descriptions. Sinestro cannot use this to extend any of the other ring powers except on a case-by-case basis with a successful Ring Tricks roll. It is designed for such things as instant change of his costume, enhancing his senses and producing various detects, creating light, boosting his Strength for a "yellow power punch," communicating, etc. The main limitation on this power is, "Only powers similar to those exhibited by Green Lanterns." GMs should create a list of powers for a player who is not familiar with the character.]*
Powers Cost: 363

Cost** Skill
12** +4 with Ring Powers Group One*
6** +2 with Acting, Bribery, and Persuasion*
3** Acting 12-*
3** Bribery 12-*
3** Concealment 12-*
3** Interrogation 12-*
2** AK: The Galaxy 11-*
2** KS: Green Lanterns and Oans 11-*
6** Navigation (Air, Hyperspace, Space) 13-*
3** Persuasion 12-*
7** Power: Ring Tricks 13-*
1** PS: Green Lantern 8-*
1** PS: Super-Criminal 8-*
3** Security Systems 12-*
3** Stealth 13-*
3** Streetwise 12-*
3** Systems Operation 12-*
3** TF: Science Fiction & Space Vehicles, Combat Aircraft*
Skills Cost: 67

Total Character Cost: 515

Val** Disadvantages
5** Distinctive Features: Somwhat demonic-looking humanoid alien (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)*
25** Hunted: Guardians of the Universe 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Capture)*
10** Hunted: The authorities of law and order of numerous planets 11- (Less Pow, Limited Geographical Area, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)*
15** Physical Limitation: Sinestro's yellow power constructs do not trigger the vulnerability of Green Lantern rings after a certain date (assume the Guardians of the Universe make a change to the central power battery to prevent Sinestro from exploiting the necessary yellow flaw) (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)*
15** Psychological Limitation: Obsessed with destroying the Green Lantern Corps (Common, Strong)*
15** Psychological Limitation: Hates the Green Lantern of Earth (Uncommon, Total)*
15** Psychological Limitation: Greedy, amoral, and power-hungry (Uncommon, Total)*
5** Rivalry: Professional (Other world-conquering, vindictive super-criminals; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)*
10** Social Limitation: Public ID (Frequently, Minor)*

Disadvantage Points: 115

Experience Required: 200

Total Experience Available: 200

Final Drafts of Green Arrow, Aquaman, Supergirl, Captain Atom, Booster Gold, Skeets

Attached are files for the "final drafts" of Aquaman, Green Arrow, Supergirl, Captain Atom, Booster Gold, and Skeets.

I've also put the "final drafts" of the AJL7 (the original seven members of the Justice League from the first two seasons) here so you don't have to look in more than one place for all this stuff.

I have not included the image files in these archives in order to keep their size relatively small.

I'll continue to post first drafts for review, with an image file if I can find a good one, so that everyone can read them right here on the board and provide feedback; but subsequent final draft posts I'll keep to file/archive downloads like these so this thread doesn't grow larger than it needs to be.

Enjoy!

John H

AJL 7.zip = Superman, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Green Lantern, J'onn J'onnz, Flash, Batman

AJL Other Heroes.zip = Aquaman, Green Arrow, Supergirl, Captain Atom, Booster Gold, Skeets

Static "first draft"

Here is Static, the star of the Static Shock show, who has appeared with the Justice League on a few ocassions and is supposedly going to be on a JLU episode later this season.

Static

Player:

Val** Char*** Cost
8** STR -2
15** DEX 15
13** CON 6
8** BODY -4
12** INT 2
10** EGO 0
12** PRE 2
14** COM 2
4/14** PD 2
4/14** ED 1
3** SPD 5
5** REC 0
26** END 0
20** STUN 1
*6"**RUN02"**SWIM01 1/2"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 30

Cost** Power END
16** Living Capacitor: Endurance Reserve (100 END, 10 REC) Reserve: (20 Active Points); Endurance Reserve drops to 0 if soaked with water or completely "grounded" (-1/4); REC: (10 Active Points); Recovery reduced to 1/Turn if soaked with water or completely "grounded" (-1/4)* 0
13** Electrical Conversion: Absorption 4d6 (energy, Endurance Reserve) (20 Active Points); Limited Special Effect Electricity (-1/2) [Notes: Treat Electrical Conversion as Healing into the Living Capacitor, i.e. it cannot raise the Endurance Reserve above starting values but the points gained do not fade.]* 0
10** Static Defense I: Armor (0 PD/10 ED) (15 Active Points); Only Works Against Electricity (-1/2)* 0
20** Static Defense II: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Only Works Against Electricity (-1/2)* 0
13** Living Radio: Radio Perception, Tracking* 0
17** Electromagnetic Sense: Detect Electricity and Magnetism A Class Of Things 11- (Unusual Group), Range, Sense, Tracking* 0
18** Static Field: Elemental Control, 36-point powers*
34** 1) Flying Disk: Flight 10", x32 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), rapid Noncombat movement (+1/4) (60 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (Any metallic object large enough to stand on will do, such as a manhole cover or a garbage can lid; Static usually carries a sheet of mylar (similar to aluminum foil, only thinner and lighter and easier to fold); -1/4) [Notes: This is about 330mph at top non-combat speed.]* 2
19** 2) Static Shield: Force Field (10 PD/10 ED) (Protect Carried Items), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (37 Active Points)* 1
36** 3) Solid Static: Force Wall (8 PD/8 ED; 6" long and 3" tall) (54 Active Points)* 5
50** Static Discharge: Multipower, 63-point reserve, (63 Active Points); Affected by negative Adjustment Powers as if it were part of the Static Field Elemental Control (-1/4)*
5u** 1) Static Force: Telekinesis (35 STR), Fine Manipulation (63 Active Points); Reduced effect on non-metal objects (GM's discretion) (-1/4)* 6
6u** 2) Static Shock: Energy Blast 8d6+1, Variable Advantage (+1/4 Advantages; +1/2) (63 Active Points)* 6
5u** 3) Stunning Shock: Energy Blast 8d6+1, STUN Only (+0), Variable Advantage (+1/4 Advantages; +1/2) (63 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4)* 6
4u** 4) Taser Punch: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4 1/2d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Affects Desolidified Electrical/Magnetic SFX only (+1/4), Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2), Double Knockback (+3/4) (63 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)* 3
4u** 5) Static Cling: Entangle 3d6, 5 DEF, Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4), Requires a nearby surface to which to "cling" the target (-1/4)* 6
4u** 6) Static Flash: Sight and Radio Groups Flash 9d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (62 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)* 2
2u** 7) Nova Burst: Sight and Radio Groups Flash 6d6, Area Of Effect Nonselective (4" Radius; +3/4) (61 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), 4 Recoverable (if he finds some wires laying around...) Charges (-1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2), Physical Manifestation (Requires a small amount of wire or similar thin metal which is consumed when the power is used; -1/4)* 6
5u** 8) Static Short: Dispel Electricity and Electrical Powers/Devices 16 1/2d6, any Electrical power one at a time (+1/4) (62 Active Points); Inaccessible Foci can only be targeted at No Range (-1/4) [Notes: Static can use this on electrical powers or any device which relies on electricity or magnetism to function. Which is, when you think about it, just about anything beyond furniture and simple, low-tech mechanical devices...]* 6
2u** 9) Electronic Control: Mind Control 9 1/2d6 (Machine class of minds), Telepathic (+1/4) (60 Active Points); Stops Working If Mentalist Is Stunned (-1/2), Visible (-1/4), Can Be Missile Deflected (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4), Normal Range (-1/4), Reduced By Range (-1/4)* 6
1u** 10) Sparky Fingers: Sight and Radio Groups Images Increased Size (8" radius; +3/4), Any Shape (Radius, Cone, Line, Any Area) (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (34 Active Points); Only To Create Light (-1), No Range (-1/2)* 1
** Various Devices*
4** 1) Shock Box: Radio Perception/Transmission (Radio Group) (10 Active Points); OAF Fragile (-1 1/4), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Hearing Group (-1/2)* 0
4** 2) Funky Upside-Down Sunglasses: Hearing Group Flash Defense (9 points) (9 Active Points); OIF Fragile (-3/4), Nonpersistent ((Static usually only uses the glasses if he knows in advance that he needs them, otherwise they're pushed up on his brow); -1/4), Real Armor (-1/4)* 0
0** 3) Tracers [Notes: I have absolutely no idea how to create these. They're tiny widgets (created by Gear) that Static can throw or place on an object or opponent and then track with his Living Radio or Electromagnetic Sense power from a range of several miles.]* 0
0** 4) Zap Caps [Notes: These are egg-sized hand grenade type thingies that can be thrown to create an electrical explosion or which Static can tap to recharge his Living Capacitor. Are they worth writing up or were they just a plot device in the couple of episodes where they appeared? Gear will certainly have some, so maybe we'll just leave them off Static.]* 0
Powers Cost: 292

Cost** Skill
6** +2 with Static Discharge Multipower*
3** Acrobatics 12-*
1** Bugging 8-*
1** Computer Programming 8-*
1** Electronics 8-*
2** CK: Dakota 11-*
3** Power: Static Shock Tricks 11-*
2** PS: Student 11-*
1** Security Systems 8-*
1** Streetwise 8-*
1** Systems Operation 8-*
1** Tactics 8-*
3** Teamwork 12-*
Skills Cost: 26

Cost** Perk
2** Abandoned Gas Station*
Perks Cost: 2

Total Character Cost: 350

Val** Disadvantages
20** Dependent NPC: Father and Sister 8- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)*
10** Distinctive Features: Electromagnetic Field (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)*
5** Hunted: Hotstreak 8- (As Pow, Mildly Punish)*
10** Hunted: Ebon 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)*
15** Hunted: Agents of Alva Industries 8- (As Pow, NCI, Capture)*
10** Money: Destitute*
20** Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common, Total)*
20** Social Limitation: Minor Youth (Age 14-16) (Very Frequently, Major)*
15** Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)*
20** Susceptibility: When soaked with water or fully "grounded" when any powers are active, 3d6 damage Instant (Common)*
5** Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x STUN Any special effect which might "ground" him or cause him to "short out" (Uncommon)*

Disadvantage Points: 150

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Gear "first draft"

And this is Gear, Static's sidekick or partner, depending on the season and your perspective.

Gear

Player:

Val** Char*** Cost
8** STR -2
14** DEX 12
11** CON 2
8** BODY -4
18** INT 8
10** EGO 0
10** PRE 0
12** COM 1
4/10** PD 2
4/10** ED 2
3** SPD 6
4** REC 0
22** END 0
20** STUN 2
*6"/9"**RUN02"**SWIM01 1/2"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 29

Cost** Power END
46** Follower: Backpack*
12** Field-Reinforced Costume: Armor (6 PD/6 ED) (18 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)* 0
** Helmet and Visor, all slots OIF (-1/2)*
3** 1) Gear's Helmet: Armor (3 PD/3 ED) (9 Active Points); Protects Locations 3-5 (-2) [Notes: Adds to defense provided by Field-Reinforced Costume]* 0
8** 2) Backpack's Automatic Controls: Mind Link , One Specific Mind, Any distance, No LOS Needed (20 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1)* 0
2** 3) Tinted Visor: Sight Group Flash Defense (3 points) (3 Active Points)* 0
2** 4) Tactical Display I: +1 PER with all Sense Groups (3 Active Points)* 0
6** 5) Tactical Display II: +6 versus Range Modifier for Sight Group (9 Active Points)* 0
5** 6) Tactical Display III: +6 versus Range Modifier for Hearing Group (9 Active Points); Requires Backpack (-1/4)* 0
7** 7) Tactical Display IV: Radar (Radio Group) (15 Active Points); Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Sight Group (-1/2), Requires Backpack (-1/4)* 0
27** 8) Tactical Display V: Clairsentience (Sight And Hearing Groups And Radar), x4 Range (1560"), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Mobile Perception Point (can move up to 12" per Phase), Transmit, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (93 Active Points); Fixed Perception Point (Backpack; -1), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Sight and Hearing Groups (-1/2), Only Through The Senses Of Others (-1/2)* 0
23** Boot-Jets: Flight 10", x16 Noncombat, 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 6 Hours (Fuel is Difficult to obtain; +0) (35 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) [Notes: This is about 165mph at max non-combat speed.]* [1 cc]
5** Roller Blades: Running +3" (6"/9" total), x4 Noncombat (11 Active Points); Only On Appropriate Terrain (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Turn Mode (-1/4)* 1
4** Shock Box: Radio Perception/Transmission (Radio Group) (10 Active Points); OAF Fragile (-1 1/4), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Hearing Group (-1/2)* 0
40** Common Gadgets: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); OIF (Utility Belt; -1/2)*
2u** 1) Zap Caps: Energy Blast 8d6, 16 Charges (+0), Explosion (+1/2) (60 Active Points); OAF (-1), Can Be Missile Deflected (-1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4)* [16]
2u** 2) Bang Baby Confinement System: Entangle 3d6, 5 DEF, 16 Charges (+0), Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2) (60 Active Points); OAF (-1), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4), Can Be Missile Deflected (-1/4)* [16]
2u** 3) The Right Tools for the Job: +7 with all non-combat Skills (56 Active Points); OAF (-1), Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -1/2), Only provides bonuses to skills when use of tools is appropriate (-1/4) [Notes: These tools will only provide full benefit for Gear or a similar super-genius. If anyone else gets their hands on them, they will provide only a +1 bonus.]*
37** Other Gadgets: Variable Power Pool (Gadget Pool), 30 base + 7 control cost, (45 Active Points); VPP Powers Can Be Changed Only In Given Circumstance (In Laboratory or with access to similar resources; -1/2), Gadgets and Gear (-1/4); all slots IIF (-1/4)*
Powers Cost: 233

Cost** Skill
6** +2 with thrown weapons*
8** +1 with all non-combat Skills*
3** Analyze: Technology 13-*
3** Armorsmith 12-*
3** Bugging 13-*
3** Computer Programming 13-*
5** Cramming *
3** Cryptography 13-*
3** Electronics 13-*
5** Inventor 14-*
3** Lockpicking 12-*
3** Mechanics 13-*
5** Power: Gadegeteering 12-*
1** PS: Student 8-*
3** Security Systems 13-*
3** Systems Operation 13-*
3** Teamwork 12-*
3** Weaponsmith 13-*
3** Scientist*
1** 1) SS: Communications Technology 11- (2 Active Points)*
1** 2) SS: Computer Technology 11- (2 Active Points)*
1** 3) SS: Mathematics 11- (2 Active Points)*
1** 4) SS: Physics 11- (2 Active Points)*
1** 5) SS: Robotics 11- (2 Active Points)*
Skills Cost: 74

Cost** Perk
3** Dakota PD*
2** Abandoned Gas Station*

Cost** Talent
5** Eidetic Memory*
4** Speed Reading (x10)*
Talents Cost: 9

Val** Disadvantages
15** Dependent NPC: Daisy and Frieda 8- (Incompetent)*
15** Hunted: The Meta-Breed 8- (Mo Pow, Capture)*
15** Hunted: Braniac 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)*
10** Money: Destitute*
5** Bonus points for being a Destitute youth because not having cash is a major pain for a tech-based superhero*
10** Psychological Limitation: Fascinated with Technology (Common, Moderate)*
5** Psychological Limitation: Loves to eat, especially cheeseburgers (Uncommon, Moderate)*
5** Psychological Limitation: Annoying encyclopedic knowledge, especially regarding comic books, which he is happy to share with anyone in earshot... (Uncommon, Moderate)*
5** Rivalry: Professional (Static; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)*
20** Social Limitation: Minor Youth (14-16) (Frequently, Severe)*
15** Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)*
10** Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Mind Control (Uncommon)*

Disadvantage Points: 150

Backpack "first draft"

Finally, here's Gear's little robot: Backpack.

Coming soon- Shebang and Rubberband Man.

Backpack

Player:

Val** Char*** Cost
10** STR 0
18** DEX 24
0** CON -20
10** BODY 0
8** INT -2
0** EGO 0
5** PRE -5
10** COM 0
7** PD 18
7** ED 21
3** SPD 2
0** REC -4
0** END 0
*6"**RUN00"**SWIM-215"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 32

Cost** Power END
45** Automaton (Takes No STUN (loses abilities when takes BODY))* 0
15** Does Not Bleed* 0
21** Damage Resistance (7 PD/7 ED)* 0
10** Clinging (normal STR)* 0
22** Leaping +13" (15" forward, 7 1/2" upward) (Accurate), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (28 Active Points); no Noncombat movement (-1/4)*
6** Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (6 Active Points) applied to Running*
9** Mind Link , One Specific Mind, Any distance, No LOS Needed (20 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Radio Group (-1/4)* 0
12** High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group)* 0
5** Infrared Perception (Sight Group)* 0
5** Nightvision* 0
15** Radar (Radio Group)* 0
25** Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) with all Sense Groups* 0
18** +6 PER with all Sense Groups* 0
15** Sight and Hearing Groups Images 1" radius, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)* 0
5** Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (5 Active Points) applied to STR*
20** +40 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Only to Grab/Hold (-1), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Cannot Do Damage (-1/2)*
10** Cutting Torch: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6, Penetrating (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); -2 Decreased STUN Multiplier (-1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), No Range (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2)* 0
6** Operate Devices/Overwrite Programming: Mind Control 1d6 (Machine class of minds), Telepathic (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Cumulative (192 points; +1 3/4) (17 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), Only for computers, devices, and machines with accessible controls or interface points (-1/4)* 0
Powers Cost: 264

Cost** Skill
15** +5 with Grab and Operate Devices/Overwrite Programming*
3** Computer Programming 11-*
5** Concealment 12-*
2** Language: English (basic conversation; literate)*
3** Lockpicking 13-*
3** Security Systems 11-*
3** Shadowing 11-*
3** Stealth 13-*
3** Systems Operation 11-*
Skills Cost: 40

Cost** Talent
3** Absolute Range Sense*
3** Absolute Time Sense*
3** Bump Of Direction*
5** Eidetic Memory*
Talents Cost: 14

Val** Disadvantages
20** Vulnerable to things that "only affect machines"*
10** Distinctive Features: Saucer-shaped robot (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)*
25** Physical Limitation: Must obey all orders from Gear or other operator (All the Time, Fully Impairing)*
25** Physical Limitation: No self-will, not a sentient being (All the Time, Fully Impairing)*
10** Physical Limitation: Very Light- +3" Knockback (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)*
5** Physical Limitation: But still sinks like a stone in water (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)*
5** Physical Limitation: Does not speak; communicates only through Gear's faceplate interface or similar devices (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)*
20** Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Electrical and Magnetic Attacks (Common)*

Disadvantage Points: 120

Base Points: 230

0** 3) Tracers [Notes: I have absolutely no idea how to create these. They're tiny widgets (created by Gear) that Static can throw or place on an object or opponent and then track with his Living Radio or Electromagnetic Sense power from a range of several miles.]*

The way i have seen this done other places was with Images (+x to Radio Group) which would also apply to Static's Electromagnetic Sense (even though it isn't a Radio Group). Or you could make it so only his Electromagnetic Sense can "see" it.

Look up the "Homing Tracer" In Gadgets and Gear, p.119.

SirViss and AlHazred,

Thanks for taking the time to review these, guys!

I don't have Gadgets and Gear or Dark Champions and won't until my latest bookcase projects are complete, which come after refinishing some tables and knick-knackery I have around the house. But I appreciate the suggestions; I'll take a look at those references as soon as I can.

SirViss said:

Just a bit of errata: shouldn't this be a Sight Group Flash Defense?

Thanks for catching that. And I think Electromagnetic Sense ought to go into the Radio Group, now that you mention it.

Best wishes,

John H

Shebang "first draft"

Shebang is built on fewer points than Static and Gear, but I think this represents her demonstrated abilities fairly well. She has at least as much raw power as either of the boys, but nowhere near the flexibility or variability with which they can use their numerous abilities.

The attached image is the best one I could find of Shebang. Considering all her great action sequences on the show, it's pretty disappointing. Anyone have a better pic or screen grab to replace this one?

Shebang

Player:

Val** Char*** Cost
45** STR 35
18** DEX 24
20** CON 20
8** BODY -4
10** INT 0
10** EGO 0
10** PRE 0
12** COM 1
12** PD 3
4** ED 0
4** SPD 12
13** REC 0
40** END 0
45** STUN 4
*10"**RUN04"**SWIM010"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 95

Cost** Power END
11** Enhanced Muscles: Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (11 Active Points) applied to STR*
9** Enhanced Leaping: Leaping +1" (10" forward, 5" upward) (x4 Noncombat), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (9 Active Points)* 1
16** Enhanced Running: Running +4" (10" total), x4 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (16 Active Points)* 1
2** Enhanced Swimming: Swimming +2" (4" total)* 1
5** Enhanced Physiology I: Lack Of Weakness (-5) for Normal Defense* 0
4** Enhanced Physiology II: Power Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points); Not vs Magic or Psionics (-1/4)* 0
4** Enhanced Physiology III: (Total: 4 Active Cost, 4 Real Cost) Sight Group Flash Defense (Real Cost: 1) plus Hearing Group Flash Defense (Real Cost: 1) plus Smell/Taste Group Flash Defense (Real Cost: 1) plus Touch Group Flash Defense (Real Cost: 1)* 0
1** Enhanced Physiology IV: Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per Turn)* 0
1** Enhanced Bone Density: Damage Resistance (5 PD) (2 Active Points); Only Works Against Limited Type of Attack (Crushing Damage; -1/2)* 0
10** Enhanced Reflexes I: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% (15 Active Points); Must be aware of incoming attack (-1/2)* 0
10** Enhanced Reflexes II: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% (15 Active Points); Must be aware of incoming attack (-1/2)* 0
20** Enhanced Reflexes III: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack)* 0
3** Enhanced Senses I: +1 PER with all Sense Groups* 0
7** Enhanced Senses II: Find Weakness 11- with Punch (10 Active Points); Only Affects Certain Materials (Inanimate Objects; -1/2)* 0
Powers Cost: 103

** Natural Agility*
3** 1) Martial Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 9d6 +v/5, Target Falls*
5** 2) Defensive Block: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Block, Abort*
4** 3) Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort*
Martial Arts Cost: 12

Cost** Skill
5** +1 with HTH Combat*
3** +1 with Running and Leaping*
12** +4 with Acrobatics, Breakfall, Stealth*
3** Acrobatics 13-*
3** Breakfall 13-*
3** Climbing 13-*
3** Contortionist 13-*
3** Stealth 13-*
8** Survival (Temperate/Subtropical, Tropical, Desert, Mountain) 11-*
Skills Cost: 43

Cost** Perk
2** Witness Protection Program*
Perks Cost: 2

Cost** Talent
9** Ambidexterity (no Off Hand penalty)*
4** Double Jointed*
2** Environmental Movement (no penalties on Narrow Surfaces)*
Talents Cost: 15

Total Character Cost: 270

Val** Disadvantages
10** Dependent NPC: Mother and Father 11- (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)*
10** Distinctive Features: Artificial Person (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)*
5** Hunted: Former Government Agents 8- (Less Pow, Capture)*
5** Rivalry: Professional (Static; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)*
20** Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Severe)*

Disadvantage Points: 70

Rubberband Man "first draft"

Ideally, I'd like to get Rubberband Man down to 350 points while still representing all the significant skills he demonstrated on the show, and increase his Disadvantages to 150 points.

Another fairly weak image. I'm surprised by the relative dearth of good Static Shock pictures available on the net.

Rubberband Man

Player:

Val Char Cost
20 STR 10
17 DEX 21
18 CON 16
11 BODY 2
10 INT 0
10 EGO 0
13 PRE 3
12 COM 1
18 PD 14
9 ED 5
3 SPD 3
8 REC 0
36 END 0
30 STUN 0
12" RUN02" SWIM012" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 75

Cost Power END
5 Fully Manipulatory Legs/Feet/Toes: Extra Limbs (2) 0
10 Rubberband Powers I: Elemental Control, 20-point powers
47 1) Rubberband Reach: Stretching 10", x4 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (69 Active Points); No Velocity Damage (-1/4) 2
7 2) Tie One On: Clinging (50 STR) (20 Active Points); Only where there's something to grab or wrap around (-1/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 2
14 3) Rubber Legs: Running +6" (12" total), x4 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (24 Active Points) 1
13 4) Rubber Ball Bouncing: Leaping +8" (12" forward, 6" upward) (x8 Noncombat), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (23 Active Points) 1
11 5) Squeeze Through Cracks: Desolidification (40 Active Points); Does Not Protect Against Damage (-1), Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2), Movement rate is halved when using this power (-1/4) 4
11 6) Yielding/Insulating Rubber Body: (Total: 22 Active Cost, 19 Real Cost) Damage Resistance (18 PD/9 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (16 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) (Real Cost: 13) plus Hardened (+1/4) (4 Active Points) applied to PD (Real Cost: 4) plus Hardened (+1/4) (2 Active Points) applied to ED (Real Cost: 2) 2
34 7) Resilient Rubber Body: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 40 Real Cost) Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), If any Body gets through other defenses, Damage Reduction will affect the Body portion of the damage only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 20) plus Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), If any Body gets through other defenses, Damage Reduction will affect the Body portion of the damage only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 20) 6
60 Rubberband Powers II: Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); Affected by negative Adjustment Powers as if it were part of the Rubberband Powers I Elemental Control (-1/4)
2u 1) Wraparound: Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points); Feedback (Rubberband Man takes all damage done to Entangle by anyone other than himself) (-1), No Range (-1/2), If Rubberband Man is Stunned, loses consciousness, or does not maintain physical contact, the Entangle is immediately removed (-1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) 3
2u 2) Body Barrier: Force Wall (8 PD/8 ED; 4" long and 3" tall) (Opaque Sight Group), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points); Feedback (-1), No Range (-1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2) [Notes: Since Rubberband Man's body composes the Force Wall (hence the Feedback Limitation), he can launch attacks at targets on either side of the Force Wall.] 3
5u 3) Big Stretchy Fists: (Total: 75 Active Cost, 50 Real Cost) Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Selective (+1/4) (45 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 30) plus +6 with HTH Combat (30 Active Points); OCV only (-1/2) (Real Cost: 20) 0
5u 4) Catch and Release: (Total: 70 Active Cost, 47 Real Cost) Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Ranged (10") (+3/4) (35 Active Points) (Real Cost: 35) plus Missile Reflection (back at attacker), Ranged (10") (+3/4) (35 Active Points); Physical Missiles Only (-1), Costs Endurance (-1/2), Must pay Endurance for each Reflection attack made (-1/4), Will Not Work Against Heavy Missiles (-1/4) (Real Cost: 12) 3
7u 5) Putty Form: Shape Shift (Sight Group, any shape), Instant Change, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (70 Active Points) 0
Powers Cost: 233

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
Stretching, Grabbing, and Wrapping
3 1) Martial Grab: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 30 STR for holding on
4 2) Crush: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 8d6 Crush, Must Follow Grab
4 3) Choke Hold: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND
4 4) Martial Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 30 STR to Disarm
3 5) Sacrifice Throw: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +1 DCV, 4d6 Strike; You Fall, Target Falls
4 6) Martial Escape: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 35 STR vs. Grabs
Martial Arts Cost: 22

Cost Skill
3 +1 with Rubberband Powers II Multipower
3 +1 with Martial Maneuvers
3 Acrobatics 12-
3 Breakfall 12-
3 Bureaucratics 12-
3 Climbing 12-
3 Concealment 11-
3 Contortionist 12-
3 Disguise 11-
3 High Society 12-
3 Interrogation 12-
1 CK: Dakota 8-
1 KS: The Prison System 8-
2 KS: The Music Industry 11-
1 Language: Musical Notation (Literacy)
3 Oratory 12-
3 Power: Rubber Body Tricks 11-
2 PS: Musician/Performer 11-
3 Shadowing 11-
3 Stealth 12-
3 Streetwise 12-
Skills Cost: 55

Cost Perk
2 Contact: AJ of the Backstreet Boys (Good relationship with Contact) 8-
1 Contact: Music Industry 8-
5 Money: Well Off
Perks Cost: 8

Cost Talent
4 Double Jointed
3 Perfect Pitch
Talents Cost: 7

Total Character Cost: 400

Val Disadvantages
10 Dependent NPC: Sharon Hawkins 8- (Normal)
10 Distinctive Features: Any use of his powers makes an extremely distinctive squeeky sound (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15 Hunted: Law Enforcement Authorities 11- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)
10 Hunted: Ebon 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Mildly Punish)
5 Physical Limitation: Dyslexia (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)
10 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common, Moderate)
5 Psychological Limitation: Forms selected for Shape Shift tend to be only mildly different variations of his normal body or to incorporate elements of his body or costume (Uncommon, Moderate)
10 Reputation: Ex-Con, 11-
5 Rivalry: Professional (Static; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
15 Social Limitation: Public ID (Frequently, Major)
10 Social Limitation: Has a police record (Occasionally, Major)
15 Susceptibility: When involuntarily stretched beyond his normal limits, 3d6 damage Instant (Uncommon)

Disadvantage Points: 120

Experience Required: 80

Total Experience Available: 80

• 2 weeks later...

Updated "final versions" files

Each archive file contains Hero Designer 2 files and HTML files for each character. Although Hero Designer 2 is required to view the .hdc files, you can read the .html files with any web browser.

AJL 7.zip = Superman, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Green Lantern, J'onn J'onnz, Flash, Batman

AJL Other Heroes.zip = Aquaman, Green Arrow, Supergirl, Captain Atom, Booster Gold, Skeets

New this message:

AJL Villains.zip = Giganta, Sinestro, Solomon Grundy, Star Sapphire, The Shade, Tsukuri

Final versions of Jason Blood/Etrigan and Orion will be coming soon. They will be added to the "AJL Other Heroes.zip" archive when they're ready.

I understand that some changes to the way Hero Designer handles Hand Attack will require a minor redesign of Hawkgirl. I'll put that up ASAP.

I'm kind of running out of steam with these characters. I'll probably do Ebon, then do final versions of the posted "Static Shock" characters, and that will be it. If you have any requests before I let this thread fade away, I'll try to fill them.

John H

I have a couple of requests:

• I'd like to see your take on Dr. Fate.
  • I also would like to see your version of Captain Marvel/(Shazam) as if he were part of the animated series world as it relates to the current comics.

Hyper-Man,

I think I can give Dr. Fate a fair shake. His action has been limited so quite a bit will be speculation. A VPP will probably describe most of his powers other than teleport and flight.

On the other hand, I'm not sure where to begin with Captain Marvel. He's never appeared on the show, not even in the background I think, so I don't know where I'd set his power level or even his range of abilities. My comics reading ended shortly after DC's Crisis of Infinite Creative Laziness, so I'm familiar with the Carlton Captain Marvel, the Marvel Captain Marvel, and DC's Earth-C Captain Marvel through the mid-1980s. But I don't read the current comics, so I'd need to know some things:

-How does The Big Red Cheese's strength compare to Superman's?

-Similarly, how does his "invulnerability" compare to the Blue Boy Scout's?

-Ditto with speed.

-Has he been demonstrating any other powers besides being strong, tough, and flying? I've read Kingdom Come so I gather that Cap's converta-blast of magic lightning can be used as an attack. Anything else?

If we were talking the pre-Crisis Cap I'm confident I could do him some justice. As it is, I'd probably be more accurate with Hoppy the Marvel Bunny or Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew than with a DCAU version of Cap which has never appeared.

So I need some guidelines from you, Hyper-Man, if you'd like to see a Captain Marvel. I don't think I'd add him to the archive files when we're done with him, since those are just for characters that have appeared on the various DCAU TV shows.

Best wishes,

John H

Kingdom Come is probably one of the best sources of information for a Cap vs. Supes comparison.

I am not that current on the comics either to be honest. I have seen an issue or 2 of Batman/Superman where Hawkman and Cap team up against Bats and Supes and it is said that Cap has won in a straight punch for punch contest against Supes?!? I think this might have been in a JL or Justice Society comic though.

I don't think Cap can quite match the Flash like Supes can but otherwise he is as fast, strong and tough as Supes. He just doesn't get Heat Vision or any of the truly 'Super-Senses'. He also doesn't have a problem with Red Solar radiation or Kryptonite which combined should balance out his power level somewhere either equal to or between Supes and Wonder Woman.

Rebuild of Hawkgirl with latest Hero Designer 2

Hyperman- I'll get to Dr. Fate along with Ebon in the next week or so. I might do Captain Marvel first since if he's basically "Superman w/o the vulnerabilities and super-senses and with a Billy Batson Multiform" he should be pretty easy to build.

The latest update to Hero Designer changed the way Hand Attacks are handled, so Hawkgirl needed to be slightly rebuilt. Let me know if you see anything egregiously wrong here so I can make the fixes within the next week or so.

AJL Hawkgirl

Player:

Val** Char*** Cost
25** STR 15
25** DEX 45
25** CON 30
14** BODY 8
12** INT 2
13** EGO 6
18** PRE 8
18** COM 4
15/20** PD 10
10/15** ED 5
5** SPD 15
10** REC 0
50** END 0
60** STUN 20
*6"**RUN02"**SWIM05"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 168

Cost** Power END
4** Wings: Extra Limbs (2) (5 Active Points); No fine manipulation (-1/4)* 0
20** Winged Flight: Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points); all slots Restrainable (-1/2)*
2u** 1) Flying: Flight 10", Variable Advantage (+1/4 Advantages; +1/2) (30 Active Points)* 3
2u** 2) Combat Maneuvers: Flight 15" (30 Active Points)* 3
2u** 3) Cruising: Gliding 30" (30 Active Points)* 0
11** Energy Mace Basics: Multipower, 22-point reserve, (22 Active Points); all slots OAF Unbreakable (-1) [Notes: Anyone who picks up the mace can use the basic +3d6 to hand-to-hand attacks or when thrown. Of course, most characters will suffer OCV penalties unless they have an appropriate weapon familiarity. If the mace is thrown, it must be picked up or otherwise recovered before it can be used in melee or for another thrown attack.]*
1u** 1) Physical Attack: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)* 0
1u** 2) Thrown Weapon: Energy Blast (PD) 3d6, Can Add Strength to Damage (+1/2) (22 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), Lockout (-1/2), Range Based On Strength (-1/4)* [1 rc]
1u** 3) Energy Attack: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)* 0
1u** 4) Thrown Weapon: Energy Blast (ED) 3d6, Can Add Strength to Damage (+1/2) (22 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), Lockout (-1/2), Range Based On Strength (-1/4)* [1 rc]
40** Energy Mace Arcana: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots OAF Unbreakable (-1/2) [Notes: 1- Only a character with Thanagarian weapon familiarity (generally, other members of the Thanagarian military or police) can use the "Arcana" multipower. Only Hawkgirl herself can use the Weapon Weaving and Defensive Posture slots. 2- The OAF portion of this Multipower has been given only a -1/2 Limitation because while Hawkgirl can lose it in combat as any other OAF she seems able to get it back very easily; even when captured or imprisoned it's never far away.]*
6m** 1) Physical Attack: Hand-To-Hand Attack +12d6 (60 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)* 6
1u** 2) Thrown Weapon: Energy Blast (PD) 8d6, Can Add Strength to Damage (+1/2) (60 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), Lockout (-1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2), Range Based On Strength (-1/4)* 6
6m** 3) Energy Attack: Hand-To-Hand Attack +12d6 (60 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)* 6
1u** 4) Thrown Weapon: Energy Blast (ED) 8d6, Can Add Strength to Damage (+1/2) (60 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), Lockout (-1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2), Range Based On Strength (-1/4)* 6
3m** 5) Weapon Weaving: +6 with HTH Combat (30 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2)* 3
6m** 6) Defensive Posture: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), +5 to Missile Reflection, Missile Reflection, Reflect At Any Target (60 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2)* 6
50** Exploit Your Flaws: Find Weakness 15- with All Attacks* 0
19** Knock You Flat: Double Knockback (+3/4) for up to 25 Active Points of Strength (19 Active Points)* 2
7** Thanagarian Toughness: +10 PD (10 Active Points); Only vs full-body impacts (falls, tackles, knockback, move throughs, area effect concussion, etc.) (-1/2)*
12** Costume: Armor (5 PD/5 ED) (15 Active Points); IIF Durable (-1/4)* 0
6** JL Communicator: Radio Perception/Transmission (Radio Group) (10 Active Points); Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Hearing Group (-1/2), IIF Durable (Earpiece Transceiver; -1/4)* 0
Powers Cost: 202

** Thanagarian Winged Combat*
5** 1) Fast Flying Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove*
4** 2) Nimble Flying Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort*
4** 3) Fast Strike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, 7d6 Strike*
5** 4) Flying Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, 5d6 +v/5; FMove*
5** 5) Distance Shot: 1+1 Phase, +0 OCV, -2 DCV, Range +6, Strike , +1 Segment*
7** 6) Weapon Element: Axes, Maces, Hammers, and Picks, Blades, Clubs, Fist-Loads, Polearms and Spears, Thrown Axes, Maces, Hammers, and Picks, Two-Handed Weapons*
Martial Arts Cost: 30

Cost** Skill
16** +2 with All Combat*
20** +4 with HTH Combat*
12** +4 with Energy Mace*
13** +4 with DCV (20 Active Points); Only when airborne (-1/2)*
12** +4 with Winged Flight*
3** Acting 13-*
3** Breakfall 14-*
3** Combat Piloting 14-*
3** Criminology 11-*
3** Deduction 11-*
2** AK: The Galaxy 11-*
2** KS: Thanagar 11-*
5** Language: Thanagarian (idiomatic; literate)*
3** Navigation (Air, Space) 11-*
2** PS: Soldier 11-*
1** PS: Spy 8-*
3** Shadowing 11-*
2** TF: Science Fiction & Space Vehicles, Combat Aircraft*
12** WF: Beam Weapons, Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, Energy Weapons, Small Arms, Thanagarian Military Weapons*
Skills Cost: 120

Cost** Perk
5** Fringe Benefit: Membership in the JL*

Val** Disadvantages
15** Distinctive Features: Woman with large wings (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)*
10** Enraged: When a colleague or innocent is seriously injured (Common), go 8-, recover 14-*
5** Hunted: Thanagarian Authorities 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, Watching)*
15** Hunted: Hawkgirl Rogues Gallery 11- (As Pow, Capture)*
5** Physical Limitation: Wings take up a lot of space and sometimes get in the way (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)*
15** Psychological Limitation: Extremely Aggressive (Common, Strong)*
20** Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Very Common, Strong)*
5** Reputation: Alien Invader, 8-*
5** Rivalry: Romantic (Katma Tui; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)*
5** Social Limitation: Public Identity (Occasionally, Minor)*
5** Social Limitation: Exiled (Occasionally, Major, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)*

Disadvantage Points: 105

Experience Required: 220

Total Experience Available: 220

Billy Batson/Captain Marvel

As far as I know, Captain Marvel has not appeared on any of the DCAU television shows – not even as a face in a crowd or a verbal reference. So this is all a flaming guess based on my old comics readings and best estimation as to how The Big Red Cheese compared to Superman. This pair of characters will not be added to the archive file collections but I'll be happy to make changes based on your feedback and then repost them.

Enjoy!

Billy Batson

Player:

Val** Char*** Cost
8** STR -2
10** DEX 0
10** CON 0
8** BODY -4
10** INT 0
10** EGO 0
12** PRE 2
14** COM 2
4** PD 2
3** ED 1
2** SPD 0
4** REC 0
20** END 0
20** STUN 3
*6"**RUN02"**SWIM01 1/2"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 4

Cost** Power END
** Transform to Captain Marvel*
0** 1) Shazam!: Multiform (see Captain Marvel's character sheet) [Notes: Both Cap and Billy have to say the magic word in order to change. Billy Batson is built on a total of 95 points while Captain Marvel is built on 525 points. I always have the most expensive form pay for Multiform, and then designate any other form as the true form. Cap is built on a lot more points than Billy, so he pays for the Multiform even though Billy is the "true" form. Hence the 0 cost for this power.]* 0
73** 2) Magic Lightning: Energy Blast 12d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Indirect (Same origin, always fired toward attacker; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (165 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4), Linked (Shazam!; -1/4) [Notes: The attack originates from "the sky" and will come through a nearby window or just appear from the ceiling directly over Billy's head. If the Magic Lightning is somehow prevented from reaching Billy, he will not transform into Captain Marvel.]* 0
5** Fawcett Fortune: Luck 1d6* 0
Powers Cost: 78

Cost** Skill
3** Conversation 11-*
3** Deduction 11-*
2** PS: Radio Broadcaster 11-*
2** PS: Reporter 11-*
3** Shadowing 11-*
Skills Cost: 13

Total Character Cost: 95

Val** Disadvantages
20** Accidental Change: Whenever the character says the word "Shazam" Always (Uncommon)*
15** Dependent NPC: Uncle Dudley/Uncle Marvel 11- (Normal)*
10** Dependent NPC: Mr. Talky Tawny 8- (Normal)*
20** Hunted: Mister Mind 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)*
15** Hunted: Sivana 11- (Less Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)*
10** Hunted: Black Adam 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)*
15** Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)*
5** Social Limitation: Minor Youth (Occasionally, Minor) [Notes: Being a legal minor doesn't seem to impede Billy quite as much as other young people, although it does cause a problem for him now and then.]*

Disadvantage Points: 110

Captain Marvel

Player:

Val** Char*** Cost
75** STR 65
26** DEX 48
30** CON 40
20** BODY 20
13** INT 3
15** EGO 10
20/30** PRE 10
20** COM 5
50** PD 35
25** ED 19
6** SPD 24
20** REC -2
60** END 0
80** STUN 7
*6"**RUN02"**SWIM015"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 284

Cost** Power END
** Transform to Billy Batson*
19** 1) Shazam!: Multiform (95 Character Points in the most expensive form) (Instant Change) (24 Active Points); Incantations (-1/4) [Notes: Both Cap and Billy have to say the magic word in order to change. Billy Batson is built on a total of 95 points. I always have the most expensive form pay for Multiform, and then designate any other form as the true form. Cap is built on a lot more points than Billy, so he pays for the Multiform even though Billy is the "true" form.]* 0
73** 2) Magic Lightning: Energy Blast 12d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Indirect (Same origin, always fired toward attacker; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (165 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Linked (Shazam!; -1/4), No Knockback (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) [Notes: The attack originates from "the sky" and will come through a nearby window or just appear from the ceiling directly over Captain Marvel's head. If the Magic Lightning is somehow prevented from reaching Captain Marvel, he will not transform into Billy Batson.]* 0
** The Power of Shazam*
12** 1) Wisdom of Solomon: (Total: 12 Active Cost, 12 Real Cost) +9 Mental Defense (12 points total) (Real Cost: 9) plus +1 PER with all Sense Groups (Real Cost: 3)* 0
19** 2) Strength of Hercules: Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (19 Active Points) applied to STR*
15** 3) Stamina of Atlas: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing: 1 END per 20 Minutes; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)* 0
37** 4) Power of Zeus: Damage Resistance (50 PD/25 ED)* 0
5** 5) Courage of Achilles: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Only for defensive purposes (-1)*
30** 6) Speed of Mercury: Flight 10", Variable Advantage (+1/4 Advantages; +1/2) (30 Active Points)* 3
5** Fawcett Fortune: Luck 1d6* 0
Powers Cost: 215

Cost** Skill
10** +1 Overall*
5** +1 with HTH Combat*
7** Deduction 14-*
1** Hoist 8-*
3** Power: Super-Strength Tricks 11-*
Skills Cost: 26

Val** Disadvantages
20** Accidental Change: Whenever the character says the word "Shazam" Always (Uncommon)*
15** Dependent NPC: Uncle Dudley/Uncle Marvel 11- (Normal)*
10** Dependent NPC: Mr. Talky Tawny 8- (Normal)*
20** Hunted: Mister Mind 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)*
15** Hunted: Sivana 11- (Less Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)*
10** Hunted: Black Adam 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)*
5** Physical Limitation: Invulnerability makes such things as surgery and hypodermic injections difficult (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)*
15** Psychological Limitation: Protective of Innocents (Common, Strong)*
10** Psychological Limitation: Young boy in a man's body (Uncommon, Strong)*
15** Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)*

Disadvantage Points: 155

Experience Required: 170

Total Experience Available: 170

Hmm... Maybe Shazam! should be Linked to Magic Lightning instead of the other way around as shown above.

re: Billy Batson/Captain Marvel

I like it.

I don't think he has enough flight, very easily fixed with a simple flight multipower with a non-com/mega slot. I was somewhat suprised that you went with multiform as I always considered Captain Marvel/Billy Batson the perfect example of the OIHID limitation. Your take is elegant regardless.

Thanks!

• 3 years later...

Yes this thread has come back...

I love these write ups. I seriously plan on using these characters as The JL that will exist in my world and JMHammer is the man and I plan on making sure my players know where I got them.

The only thing that I keep coming back to is Hawkgirl's mace. This is my take on it and I was wondering if you guys would toss up some input.

12 pts. Energy Mace - Basic:

Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; PD or ED; +1/4), Ranged based on Str (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)

40 pts. Energy Mace Arcana: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots OAF Unbreakable (-1/2)

6 m. Defensive Posture: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), +5 to Missile Reflection, Missile Reflection, Reflect At Any Target (60 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), OAF Unbreakable (-1/2)

6 m. Weapon Weaving: +12 with HTH Combat (60 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), OAF Unbreakable (-1/2)

5 m. Energy Mace - Enhanced: Hand-To-Hand Attack +8d6, Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX; PD or ED; +1/4), Ranged based on Str (+1/4) (60 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)

Yes that is 4d6 less than what she had but I'm thinking of giving her a couple of DC's in her martial arts. With that 15- Find Weakness I'm a little more okay with it. Oh and in case anyone is interested this did save 12 pts. Any points left over from the 525 will probably go into more maneuvers.

Thoughts or comments?