Power building question: not noticed

RavensPath

I have a player who wants to build the ability to not be noticed. She specifically doensn't want to be invisible. but rather that she blends in as she moves around . People will see her, but not notice her if that make any sense.

Not sure of the best way to build this. + to stealth is one way, but I want to see what others have to say.

Thanks!

Re: Power building question: not noticed

You could try something using Images vs. Sight Group.

Just Another Face In the Crowd: Images vs. Sight Group, -4 to other's PER rolls, Reduced END: 0 END Cost (+1/2), Set Effect: Only to appear as a non-discript member of a crowd (-1/2), Requires a Stealth Roll (-1/2). Active Points = 33, Real Cost = 16.

Just make the PER roll penalty better or worse depending upon how good the character is at this or how many points they are willing to spend.

EDIT 1: Note that I made the Set Effect worth only (-1/2) instead of (-1). But if crowds of this type are not common then you might grant the full (-1) thereby lowering the cost to 13 Real Point.

EDIT 2: Forgot to reduce the END cost to 0. That's now been done.

Lots of ways to do this. There is the Images route such as Edsel covers, but there are also:

Going the skills route:

Disguise -- the character is so good at altering their posture, body language, facial expressions, and mannerisms, as well as using apparrel and their surroundings to their benefit that they become a veritable social chameleon -- like Jason Bourne from the books (not so much in the movies).

Streetwise (with Shadowing as a Complementary): Not quite as good as actual disguise, a Streetwise character knows how to blend in with people on the street. They also know where to go to avoid notice. If they also know Shadowing then they could combine both skills to disrupt attempts to follow or surveil them in an urban enviroment.

Stealth could be used for this purpose with a limitation "Only to blend in".

Negative Skill Levels vs PER, AoE 0 END IPE, Only vs PER Checks To Notice Self. Why mess around? Just debuff the ability of everyone around to pick you out.

Going the Powers route:

Images or Shapeshift (same effect either way), only to blend in. You can also combine this with one of the above Skill routes via an RSR.

Invisibility vs Sight, Only to avoid Discriminatory: basically the Discriminatory portion inherent to the Sight sense is what allows an onlooker to recognize you. Otherwise everyone would look more or less alike. So just go "invisible" to that and you effectively blend in with other people. Darkness could be made to serve in this purpose also, and might be a better way to do it too.

Mind Control: This gets expensive, but you could do a single command "Think I look like someone else" AoE Mind Control. This kind of power is a real pain in the arse however thanks to the breakout roll so I wouldnt recommend it.

Mental Illusions: A limited MI could do it too, but is another one I'd avoid.

AoE IPE Sight Flash, No Range, PI, Only to Blind Opponents To Self (-2)

Also, similar to the Negative Skill Level idea, Change Environment -X PER, Only to Not Notice Character.

And so on.

Change Environment, with penalties to perception rolls to notice her.

Simple and inexpensive. Buy 1 level of Megascale for +1/4 and it affects anyone within line of sight!

Lets write it up:

Sorry, I didn't notice you there!:

Change Environment: 1"(5) -3 Perception rolls(12) Megascale (+1/4) Fully Invisible (+1) 0End(+1/2) Personal Immunity(+1/4) 51 Active

-- No Range(-1/2) Requires a skill roll: Stealth (-1/4: -1/20Act) Total cost 29pts.

Ouch. Not so cheap with all those advantages!