Inu-Yasha HERO

Michael Hopcroft

One of the most popular fantasy series running right now on American TV is Rumiko Takahashi's anime Inu-Yasha, in which a girl from our time falls through a well, winds up in fedual Japan, and becomes involved in a fued among demons.

Has anyone ever wanted to figure how HERO would model any of the characters from that series?

Re: Inu-Yasha HERO

Someone modeled a BESM write-up of the characters in the GoO forums. They may help. I'm trying to decide whether "Sit, boy!" should be written up as a power for Kagome or a Disadvantage for Inuyasha (or both).

Also, considering how many mosquitos there are in Japan, isn't it strange the heroes never get bitten? Possible solution: "Wind Tunnel!" :winkgrin:

Inuyasha would have 30-40 Str with extremely high con. His Tessaiga would be a gigantic multipower with HKA, RKA cone (Wind Tunnel), RKA armor piercing cone (Red barrier busting blade), RKA armor piercing penetrating cone (Diamond blast), and I wouldn't know where to begin trying to model the backlash wave which sends an attacker's energy attack back at him at double strength.

Kagome would have a gigantic RKA that does double effect vs demons and spirits, OIF bow and arrows of opportunity. She would have tons of Luck, and a VPP with no conscious control to represent her spiritual powers that she hasn't mastered yet.

Miroku would have to use the cheese of Extradimensional Travel area effect cone usable as an attack, the defense being strong enough or well braced enough to resist being pulled in. He is also an extraordinary hand to hand combatant, and he has various paper charms that can banish or destroy demons.

Sango has a bone boomerang that is a multipower with HKA and RKA. She is so skilled with the boomerang that it always returns to her when thrown unless actively stopped by an opponent. It also can act as missile deflection. She is an excellent all around fighter.

Shippo has shapechange and a minor multipower with various illusions and trickeries. Some of them can be surprisingly powerful at times.

I wouldn't know where to begin trying to model the backlash wave which sends an attacker's energy attack back at him at double strength.

Missile deflection, plus a triggered Aid (only on reflected attack, -3/4). Since, strictly speaking, Hero uses a geometric progression you would only need to add one DC to "double" the attack, although you could buy more if you wanted. I'd be inclined to buy 5d6 at standard effect, so you could add a d6 of killing or 3d6 normal to the attack - or at least add something to an attack with funky advantages, but that's just me. :)

Missile deflection' date=' plus a triggered Aid (only on reflected attack, -3/4). Since, strictly speaking, Hero uses a geometric progression you would only need to add one DC to "double" the attack, although you could buy more if you wanted. I'd be inclined to buy 5d6 at standard effect, so you could add a d6 of killing or 3d6 normal to the attack - or at least add something to an attack with funky advantages, but that's just me. :)[/quote']

Another bigger problem is that the backlash wave can reflect even area effects and explosions.