Okay, bear with me on this one...converting Top Secret to Dark Champions

proditor

My Girlfriend got sucked into a fit of nostalgia gaming perpetrated by yours truly. We played some Top Secret, 1st Edition with some of the Dragon Magazine Article ideas, and ran through Sprechenhaltzie (Sp?????). She had a blast playing that game. She was the recovery expert, but due to the random rolls, she was a better fighter than the assassin, a better diplomat than the "face", and a superb infiltrator.

She wants to keep playing the character and is not adverse in any way shape or form to switching it to Hero. The conversion will be by "feel" of the character, not hard fast numbers.

My question. Will my life become one with small birds singing me little calming ditties if I just get Dark Champions? It's been mostly an oversight until she mentioned that she wanted to play "Mouse" again, but when I looked up to the bookshelf, darn if I had missed buying it. How much aid, roughly on a scale of 1 to 10, will DC be in running a spy game. This will primarily be just for the girlfriend now, as the other players didn't erm...understand the genre. They were great in dungeons, but they made lousy spies.

Re: Okay, bear with me on this one...converting Top Secret to Dark Champions

You can totally do it. Its on my list of things it would be cool to do given infinite time.

Granted, I played TS/SI and have the books for that, but the same basic idea.

Dark Champs is perfect for just such an endeavor.

Re: Okay, bear with me on this one...converting Top Secret to Dark Champions

Yep, KS and LL are right on. Dark Champions has LOTS of good stuff. I'd say 9 too.

Keep in mind converting TS that STAT/5 is fine, but TS skills range from about 50 to 150 (%), so you'll want something like 50% = 11-, 100% = 14-, and 150% = 18-.

Our group had a blast years ago running HERO-based espionage in the many of the TS modules.