Corven's Heroes & Villains

Corven_Ren

Yet another thread inspire by enforcer's hero a day thread. I decided to post my heroes & villains here for everyones critique and give everyone free reign to use them. 1st up the members of my Florida based Hero team : The Forces of Nature

Armordillo Man

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

80 STR 70 25- Lift 1.6ktons; 16d6 [8]

18 DEX 24 13- OCV: 6/DCV: 6

45 CON 70 18-

30 BODY 40 15-

15 INT 5 12- PER Roll 12-

10 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3

30 PRE 20 15- PRE Attack: 6d6

0 COM -5 9-

35 PD 19 Total: 35 PD (35 rPD)

25 ED 16 Total: 25 ED (25 rED)

5 SPD 22 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

33 REC 16

90 END 0

95 STUN 2 Total Characteristic Cost: 297

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Leaping: 16"/32"

Tunneling: 12"/24"

Cost Powers END

60 Armadillo Claws I: HKA 4d6 (8d6 w/STR) 6

60 Armadillo Claws II: Tunneling 12" through 12 DEF material 6

30 One Tough Critter: (Total: 30 Active Cost, 30 Real Cost) Lack Of Weakness (-10) for Resistant Defenses (Real Cost: 10) plus Lack Of Weakness (-10) for Normal Defense (Real Cost: 10) plus Lack Of Weakness (-10) for Power Defense (Real Cost: 10)

20 One Big Armadillo: Knockback Resistance -10"

30 Armadillo Hide: Damage Resistance (35 PD/25 ED)

20 Active Sonar (Hearing Group), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees)

4 Massive Lungs: LS (Extended Breathing: 1 END per 20 Minutes)

Skills

5 +5 with Claws

12 +4 with Punch, Grab, & Throw

20 +4 with DCV

3 Criminology 12-

3 Deduction 12-

3 Interrogation 15-

20 +2 Overall

2 Survival (Tropical) 12-

3 Tracking 12-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 295

Total Cost: 592

200+ Disadvantages

5 DNPC: Mike Nantz 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)

25 Distinctive Features: 7'6" Humanoid Armadillo (Not Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

25 Enraged: vs. Genocide (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 8-

20 Hunted: Genocide 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

10 Physical Limitation: Extremely Heavy (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

10 Physical Limitation: Sinks Like A Stone (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

15 Physical Limitation: Wierd Bio-Chemistry, Requires special medical attention (All the Time, Slightly Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Fear of Heights (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Will Not Surrender (Common, Total)

20 Social Limitation: Permanent ID (Very Frequently, Major)

212 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 180

Background/History: He was abandoned as a baby. Rescued raised and educated by a park ranger.

Personality/Motivation: Armordillo Man fights crime in an attempt to gain social acceptance. He is very much the misunderstood monster type of hero.

Quote: "You Bore Me Man"

Powers/Tactics: Armordillo Man is a brick plain and simple. His one unique Tactic is to tunnel under his opponents and drag them down into the tunnels with him.

Campaign Use:

Appearance: Like A Humanoid Armadillo

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Corven's Heroes & Villains

Mosquito

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 [1]

30 DEX 30 15- OCV: 10/DCV: 10

15 CON 10 12-

15 BODY 10 12-

20 INT 10 13- PER Roll 13-

10 PRE 0 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

10 COM 0 11-

3/18 PD 0 Total: 3/18 PD (0/15 rPD)

3/18 ED 0 Total: 3/18 ED (0/15 rED)

7 SPD 10 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12

6 REC 0

40 END 5

40 STUN 9 Total Characteristic Cost: 89

Flight: 20"/40"

Leaping: 3"/6"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

Mosquito Battle Suit, all slots OIF (-1/2)

8 1) Built in Antena I: HRRP (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

2 2) Built in Antena II: Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group) (3 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

40 3) Buzzing Around: Flight 20", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

75 4) Mosquito Bite: EB 15d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (112 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

3 5) Mosquito Goggles I: Nightvision (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

10 6) Mosquito Goggles II: Sight Group Flash Defense (15 points) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

30 7) Mosquito Sized: Shrinking (0.2262 m tall, 0.1523 kg mass, -6 PER Rolls to perceive character, +6 DCV, takes +9" KB), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

15 8) Neural Speed Enhancers I: +10 DEX (30 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIF (-1/2)

20 9) Neural Speed Enhancers II: +3 SPD (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

10 10) Sound Dampers: Hearing Group Flash Defense (15 points) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

30 11) Titanium Mesh Suit: Armor (15 PD/15 ED) (45 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

Skills

6 +6 with Mosquito Bite

9 Criminology 16-

9 Deduction 16-

9 Electronics 16-

3 Forensic Medicine 13-

6 SS: Bio Chemistry 16-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 285

Total Cost: 374

200+ Disadvantages

15 Hunted: Sinister Squadron 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: Police 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

20 Psychological Limitation: Will Not Kill (Common, Total)

15 Social Limitation: Public ID (Frequently, Major)

15 Social Limitation: Supervillain (Frequently, Major)

5 Social Limitation: Parole Requirements (Occasionally, Minor)

5 Unluck: 1d6

20 Enraged: vs Sinister Squadron (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 11-

10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Gravity Based Attacks (Uncommon)

15 Villain Turned Hero Bonus

24 Experience Points

(15 points unspent)

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

Background/History: Jack Thompson lay on the couch in the psychiatrists office, wearing his mosquito suit, and waiting on the doctor. Part of his parole was that he visit a shrink once a week. The doctor walked in, grabbed a yellow office pad and sat down

"Ok, Mr. Thompson, lets start at the begining, snd I don't mean your childhood. Let's here about how you became the Mosquito."

"Well doc, thats a complicated story. Before I was a criminal, I actually worked for the police."

"What!?!" the doctor exclaimed, apparent shock in his voice.

"Yeah, I actually worked in the Orlando police department crime lab for three years."

"So what happened Jack? Why turn to crime?"

"I was ticked at the system. Three years no promotions. I started with just small break-ins. Kind of a unique experience catching crooks by day and doing things that would get me locked up at night."

"So when did the whole supervillain thing begin."

"Quite by accident. I broke into a warehouse, where I heard some hot electronics goods were stored. I unfortunatly walked right into Snowblind. I tried to run, but he froze my legs together. He dragged me further into the warehouse and is was there I came face to face with Psycho."

"Mr. Psycho, he's the leader of the Sinister Squadron?"

"Yeah, he said I had guts for breaking into his hideout. He asked why I was there and I told him. He asked if I wanted part of a bigger haul. What could I say? I accepted and he gave me the mosquito suit. It took a while to get used to being so small. But it was great for breakins"

"How long were you a member of the Squadron?"

"Two years"

"And did you kill anyone during that time."

"No, Psycho did, but I tried my best not to seriously injure anyone."

"So what made you turn against them."

"We had broken into the O-Rena and were stealing the money from the box office when we were confronted by a security guard. I knocked him out with my mosquito bite. Psycho told me to kill him, I refused and Psycho attacked me. I managed to shrink myself and escape. I sent a distress call out over the built in radio in the mosquito suit and the Forces of Nature answered the call. When they arrived I fought beside them. We capture them and after the battle I turned myself in.

"It was then the D.A. made you a deal."

"Yeah in exchange for testifying against them, I was given parole and a new lease on life. I sought out the Forces of Nature and asked to join them. They agreed to give me a chance, so here I sit villain turned hero."

"Well, the media doesn't seem to think you can change. But I wish you luck"

"Thanks Doc."

Jack's helmet radio beeped. He put his helmet on. "Mosquito here. Yeah. I'm on the way, Seminole."

"Sorry doc, gotta go."

"Go get 'em Jack" the doctor replied and he watched as Jack shrank and flew out his window.

Personality/Motivation: Mosquito is attempting to redeem himself for past misdeeds.

Quote:

Powers/Tactics: Jack usually stays shrunk in battle, aiding the other members of FoN as needed.

Campaign Use:

Appearance: The mosquito suit is swamp water brown with black trim. Jack is in his mid thirties.

Reptyle

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

50 STR 40 19- Lift 25.6tons; 10d6 [5]

30 DEX 60 15- OCV: 10/DCV: 10

30 CON 40 15-

20 BODY 20 13-

16 INT 6 12- PER Roll 12-

12 EGO 4 11- ECV: 4

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

20 COM 5 13-

30 PD 20 Total: 30 PD (30 rPD)

30 ED 24 Total: 30 ED (30 rED)

6 SPD 20 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

20 REC 8

60 END 0

60 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 257

Movement: Running: 12"/24"

Leaping: 10"/20"

Swimming: 20"/40"

Cost Powers END

12 Enhanced Running: Running +6" (12" total) 1

6 Gator Tail I: Extra Limb (1), Inherent (+1/4) (6 Active Points)

18 Gator Tail II: Swimming +18" (20" total) 2

10 Lizard-like digits: Clinging (normal STR)

16 Reptilian DNA: LS (Extended Breathing: 1 END per 20 Minutes; Immunity: Phytotoxins; Immunity: Zootoxins; Longevity: 400 Years)

25 Reptilian Healing: Healing 3 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

30 Reptilian Skin: Damage Resistance (30 PD/30 ED)

Savate

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

5 Back Kick +1 +3 12d6 Strike

4 Low Kick +0 +2 14d6 Strike

5 Side Kick -2 +1 16d6 Strike

4 Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Disarm -1 +1 Disarm; 70 STR to Disarm

Tail Maneuvers

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

3 Tail Grab -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 70 STR for holding on

4 Tail Squeeze +0 +0 16d6 Crush, Must Follow Grab

3 Tail Sweep +2 -1 13d6 Strike, Target Falls

8 +2 HTH Damage Class(es)

Perks

1 Fringe Benefit: Passport

1 Pilots Liscence: Fringe Benefit: License to practice a profession

5 Money: Well Off

10 Contact: Former Commanding Officer in the U.S.A.F. (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact) 13-

Talents

3 Ambidexterity (-2 Off Hand penalty)

Skills

10 +2 with DCV

6 +3 with any single attack

3 Acrobatics 15-

3 Breakfall 15-

3 Combat Piloting 15-

3 Conversation 13-

Everyman Skills (Cost: 0 Points)

0 1) Native: Language: English (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

0 2) AK: Baton Rouge, Louisiana 11-

0 3) Acting 8-

0 4) Climbing 8-

0 5) Computer Programming 8-

0 6) Concealment 8-

0 7) Conversation 8-

0 8) Deduction 8-

0 9) PS: Pilot 11-

0 10) Paramedics 8-

0 11) Persuasion 8-

0 12) Shadowing 8-

0 13) Stealth 8-

0 14) TF: Custom Adder, Small Motorized Ground Vehicles

3 High Society 13-

6 KS: Cooking 15-

6 KS: Savate 15-

1 Language: Arabic (basic conversation)

4 Language: French (completely fluent; literate)

3 Language: German (fluent conversation; literate)

1 Language: Korean (basic conversation)

3 Mechanics 12-

3 Persuasion 13-

5 Seduction 14-

3 TF: Combat Aircraft, Helicopters, Large Planes, Small Planes

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 243

Total Cost: 500

350+ Disadvantages

10 Dependence: Submergence in Water Takes 3d6 Damage (Very Common, 6 Hours)

10 Distinctive Features: Green Skin & Tail (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Distinctive Features: Cajun Accent (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

20 Enraged: if attacked with cold (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 11-

15 Hunted: Terror Inc 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Physical Limitation: Wierd Bio Chemistry, Requires Special Medical Attention (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

10 Psychological Limitation: Shameless Flirt (Common, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: Swashbuckler Attitude (Common, Moderate)

10 Social Limitation: Permanant Identity (Frequently, Minor)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Cold based attacks (Uncommon)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Cold based attacks (Uncommon)

Background/History: Andre was born in the French Quarter of New Orleans. His father owned his own charter flight sevice and he taught ANdre how to fly planes. When he graduated high school his natural flying talent led ANdre to joing the U.S. Air Force. He spent 12 years in the service, retiring at the age of 30. Andre spent the next two years in Lyon, France, where he learned savate. One night however he recieved a phone call from his father informing him that his mother had died. His life went down hill from there. SIx months later his father died. Andre sold his father's business, banked the money, and went to work for another charter service in Baton Rouge. During a return flight from Florida, Andres plane developed engine troubles and crashed into the bayous of Louisiana. He survived but was knocked unconcious. When he awoke, he was strapped to a laboratory table and looking straight into the armored visage of Professor Muerte, who told Andre he had injected his body with a mutating formula containing reptile DNA. Over the next few hour the lab was filled with the cajun's screams as his body underwent it's transformation. Once the transformation was complete, Muerte leaned in close, inspecting his handywork. Thinking he was unconcious, Muerte command two agents to take his latest project to a waiting cell. Andre was playing possum and, with his newley enhanced strength and savate training, overpowered the agents and escaped the facility into the bayou. During his flight through the bayou, he quickly discovered that his new tail allowed him to swim at an extraordinary pace and that he could hold his breath for, what seemed to him, an eternity. WHen he returned to the city he quickly adapted to his new form and began to fight crime, calling himself Reptyle. He even managed to create some custom maneuvers with his tail, intergrating them in with his savate. After several adverntures in both New Orleans and Baton Rouge, he made his way to Florida, where another new hero had recently emerged. Andre found Amordillo Man in the wetland game preseve near the Kennedy Space, and they quickly became friends and partners. Not long after they were joined by Sunburn and Seminole and the Forces of Nature, as the media dubbed them, was born.

Personality/Motivation: Reptyle loves being the hero. He loves the attention, especially from the ladies.

Quote: To female villains: "C'mon chere, leave this criminal life so we can get to know each other better."

Powers/Tactics: Reptyle is a pretty straight foreward martial-brick. He loves to taunt his opponents in battle, unless it is an atttractive female villain, in which case he will hit on them.

Campaign Use: Reptyle is the 'Celebrity' member of the FoN. He is often seen at charity events and in some of Orlando's hottest night spots. He can get tickets to any concert or sporting event in the state and is regularly seen at the Sunset Strip (A nightclub owned by former Warrent lead singer Jani Lane).

Appearance: Andre looks exactly as he did before his transformation, save for his skin is now green and he has a very long alligator like tail. An attractive man before his transformation, his enhancements only seem to add an exotic side to his attractiveness. He wear a black tank boots and gloves and blue pants as his costume. Also on his left wrist is a gold bandana signifying his achievent of the highest possible rank in savate.

Sunburn

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

24 DEX 42 14- OCV: 8/DCV: 8

20 CON 20 13-

15 BODY 10 12-

12 INT 2 11- PER Roll 11-

14 EGO 8 12- ECV: 5

18 COM 4 13-

5/35 PD 2 Total: 5/35 PD (0/30 rPD)

5/35 ED 1 Total: 5/35 ED (0/30 rED)

6 SPD 26 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

15 REC 16

50 END 5

50 STUN 17 Total Characteristic Cost: 168

Flight: 30"/60"

Cost Powers END

60 Fire & Heat: Multipower, 60-point reserve

6u 1) Dehydration: Drain DEX 6d6 (60 Active Points) 6

6u 2) Firebolt: EB 12d6 (60 Active Points) 6

6u 3) Inferno Blast: EB 6d6, NND (LS: Intesnse Heat; +1) (60 Active Points) 6

4u 4) Flare: Hearing Group Flash 6d6, Area Of Effect (5" Cone; +1) (36 Active Points) 4

6u 5) Melting Blast: RKA 4d6 (60 Active Points) 6

6u 6) Pyrokenesis I: Suppress Fire 12d6 (60 Active Points) 6

4u 7) Pyrokenesis II: Telekinesis (30 STR), Fine Manipulation (55 Active Points); Only Works On Limited Types Of Objects Fire (-1/2) 5

45 Fire & Heat: Elemental Control, 90-point powers

45 1) Heat Shield I: FF (30 PD/30 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (90 Active Points)

45 2) Heat Shield II: EB 4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Damage Shield (Offensive; +3/4), NND (LS: Intense Heat; +1), Continuous (+1) (85 Active Points)

45 3) Flight 30", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (90 Active Points)

2 LS (Safe in Intense Heat)

Skills

3 +3 with Grabs

20 +4 with DCV

12 +4 with Fire Multi Power

5 KS: Retail Sales 14-

4 Language: Spanish (completely fluent; literate)

3 Mechanics 11-

4 TF: Jetskis, Skateboarding, Surfing, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 331

Total Cost: 499

200+ Disadvantages

10 Beach Bum Bonus

10 DNPC: Girlfriend of the Month 8- (Normal)

5 Distinctive Features: Red Irises (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

25 Hunted: Genocide 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

15 Physical Limitation: Wierd Bio Chemistry, Requires Special Medical Attention (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Thrill Seeker (Common, Strong)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Cold Based Attacks (Uncommon)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Cold Based Attacks (Uncommon)

149 Experience Points

Background/History: Donny grew up in Daytona Beach, where his parents owned one of the many surf and beach rental shops. At 16 he took his G.E.D. test and went to work at his parents surf shop. One day when he arrived at work he found a rober with a gun to his mothers head and yelling at his father to empty the register. Donny leapt and the gun man and they struggled across the surfshop floor. The gun went off and Donny felt the burning sensation as the bullet went into his shoulder. The burning sensation spread through his entire body as his mutant powers kicked in. Both Donny and the robber were sudenly engulfed in fire. The robber screamed in pain and Donny quickly let go and stood up. Seeing the gun on the floor he pointed at it and a bolt of searing flame lept from his hand melting it. The media quickly labeled Donny a hero. The burgler, though severly burned, would live. Donny quickly designed a costume and began fighting crime. He eventually hooked up with Reptyle and Armordillo Man. It was after Donny joined that they were labeled the Forces of Nature.

Personality/Motivation: Donny is a hero because he enjoys the thrill of it. He is generally laid back when not seeking a new thrill.

Quote: "Dude, I hope you wore your sunscreen."

Powers/Tactics: Sunburn enjoys his powers and using them in combat. He tries to show off. One of his favorite tactics is to grab other flying characters so they are damaged by his heat shield.

Campaign Use:

Appearance: Out of costume, Donny looks like your typical surfer, blonde hair, well muscled and tanned, usually wearing shorts and a tank top or t-shirt.

Seminole

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

30 DEX 30 15- OCV: 10/DCV: 10

20 CON 20 13-

20 BODY 20 13-

20 INT 10 13- PER Roll 13-

20 EGO 20 13- ECV: 7

16 COM 3 12-

8/38 PD 5 Total: 8/38 PD (0/30 rPD)

8/38 ED 4 Total: 8/38 ED (0/30 rED)

6 SPD 10 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

8 REC 2

50 END 5

50 STUN 12 Total Characteristic Cost: 156

Movement: Running: 16"/32"

Leaping: 10"/20"

Swinging: 15"/30"

Cost Powers END

50 Trick Arrows: Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2)

1u 1) Smoke Arrow: Darkness to Sight and Smell/Taste Groups 3" radius (35 Active Points); 3 Charges (-1 1/4), OIF (-1/2) [3]

3u 2) Stun Arrows: Drain BODY 7d6 (70 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), OIF (-1/2) [4]

3u 3) Impact Arrow: EB 15d6 (75 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), OIF (-1/2) [4]

3u 4) Gas Arrow: EB 6d6, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), NND (LS: Self Contained Breathing; +1) (75 Active Points); 3 Charges (-1 1/4), OIF (-1/2) [3]

2u 5) Concussion Arrow: EB 6 1/2d6, Explosion (+1/2), Double Knockback (+3/4) (74 Active Points); 2 Charges (-1 1/2), OIF (-1/2) [2]

3u 6) Bola Arrows: Entangle 5d6, 5 DEF, Backlash (+1/2) (75 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), OIF (-1/2) [4]

2u 7) Scream Arrow: Hearing Group Flash 9d6, Area Of Effect (22" Line; +1 1/4) (61 Active Points); 2 Charges (-1 1/2), OIF (-1/2) [2]

3u 8) Titanium Razor Arrows: RKA 3d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2) (67 Active Points); 4 Recoverable Charges (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) [4 rc]

2u 9) Extunguisher Arrows: Suppress Fire 15d6 (75 Active Points); 2 Charges (-1 1/2), OIF (-1/2) [2]

1u 10) Grapnel Arrow: Swinging 15" (15 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), OIF (-1/2) [1 rc]

20 Titanium Alloy Bow: HA +8d6 (40 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) 4

30 Titanium Mesh Costume: Armor (15 PD/15 ED) (45 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

3 Domino Mask I: Nightvision (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

3 Domino Mask II: +5 versus Range Modifier for Sight Group (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

7 Domino Mask III: Sight Group Flash Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

15 Energy Belt I: +10 DEX (30 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIF (-1/2)

13 Energy Belt II: +2 SPD (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

33 Energy Belt III: FF (15 PD/15 ED/10 Flash Defense: Hearing Group) (Protect Carried Items) (50 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 5

13 Enhancement Moccasins I: Running +10" (16" total) (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 2

8 Enhancement Moccasins II: Leaping +7" (10" forward, 5" upward) (Accurate) (12 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 1

Perks

2 Fringe Benefit: Florida Police Powers

Skills

3 Systems Operation 13-

3 Weaponsmith (Arrows, Bolts, And Darts, Bows) 13-

3 Tracking 13-

4 Survival (Temperate/Subtropical, Tropical) 13-

3 Mechanics 13-

3 Inventor 13-

3 Electronics 13-

3 Language: Seminole (completely fluent)

3 Language: Cheyenne (completely fluent)

7 CuK: Seminole 17-

7 CuK: Cheyenne 17-

3 Demolitions 13-

12 +4 with Trick Arrow MP

15 +3 with DCV

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 292

Total Cost: 448

200+ Disadvantages

20 Normal Characteristic Maxima

15 Social Limitation: Public Identity (Frequently, Major)

15 Hunted: Terror Inc 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: Sinister Squadron 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Florida State Police 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

20 Psychological Limitation: Wont Allow Bystander to Come to Harm (Common, Total)

25 Enraged: if Heritage is Insulted (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 8-

10 Native American Hero Bonus

98 Experience Points

(2 points unspent)

Background/History: Jeremiah Spottedhorse is the son of a Cheyenne father and a Seminole mother. He spent his early years on a reservation learning the history of his people. After graduating high-school he attended Florida State University . While in college he learned that the super villain group, Terror Inc., had attacked his reservation, stole all the money from the casino & killed everyone. Jeremiah swore to see Muerte and his band brought to justice. Using his newly aquired education, he constructed his bow, trick arrows and costume. He then traveled to his mothers home in Florida, where he had heard of the group of heroes, the Forces of Nature. He had heard that they fought Terror Inc quite often. He has since joined the forces and earned the hatred of Terror Inc, especially Fuer who dislikes his extenguisher arrow.

Personality/Motivation: Seminole is very proud of his heritage and if you insult that you are likely to piss him off. His major goal as a hero is to see Muerte locked up forever for his crimes.

Quote:

Powers/Tactics: Seminole generally keeps his distance in battle, but if drawin in to H-H combat he will use his bow like a staff.

Campaign Use:

Appearance: Seminole is well muscled and lean. His hair is long and he wears a costume that looks like street close. He always wears his boot moccasins with the built in enhancements.

Next up my updated version of Fyredrake a character I played in a solo campagin based in the scenario I am now using for my Knights of New L.A. PBEM game

Fyredrake

The Most Wanted Man in New Los Angeles

Characteristics

Val Char Base Cost Roll Special

30 STR 10 5 15- 6D6 H-H

30 DEX 10 15 15- OCV: 10 DCV: 10

30 CON 10 10

30 BOD 10 10

20 INT 10 10 13- PER 13-

10 EGO 10 0 11- ECV: 3

30 PRE 10 0 6D6 PRE ATT

10 COM 10 0

35 PD 3 2 35 PD (30rPD)

35 ED 3 2 35 ED (30rED)

6 SPD 3 0 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 ,12

15 REC 6 0

60 END 30 0

50 STN 31 0

Total Char Cost 54

Skill/ Perks/ Taletns

Cost S/P/T

3 Electronics 13-

3 Inventor 13-

3 Language: Guterspeak (Completely Fluent)

3 Mechanics 13-

3 SS: Cybernetics 13-

2 System Operations (Communications Systems) 13-

4 Contact: Fa Ling (Signifigant contacts of own, limited by identity {Fyredrake only}, Very good relations) 11-

21 Total S/P/T Cost

Powers

Cost Power

60 Fyredrake Combat Systems:Multi Power 75 pt reserve (75 Active pts) All Slots OIF Battlesuit (-1/2)

5u 1) Flamethrower: Energyblast 15D6 (75 Active Pts)

4u 2) Constricting Bolas: Entangel 5D6, Backlash (+1/2) (75 Active pts) 4 Recoverable Charges (-1/2)

5u 3) Clawed Gauntlets: Hand Killing Attack 5D6 (7D6 w/STR)

Fyredrake Enhancement Systems All Slots OIF Battlesuit (-1/2)

7 1) +15 STR (15 Active Pts) No Figured Char (-1/2)

22 2) +15 DEX (45 Active Pts) No Figured Char (-1/2)

15 3) +15 CON (30 Active Pts) No Figured Char (-1/2)

15 4) +15 BOD (30 Active Pts) No Figured Char (-1/2)

13 5) +20 PRE (20 Active Pts)

20 6) +30 PD (30 Active Pts)

20 7) +30 ED (30 Active Pts)

20 8) +3 SPD (30 Active Pts)

12 9) +9 REC (20 Active Pts)

10 10) +30 END (15 Active Pts)

13 11) +19 STN (19 Active Pts)

11 12) Life Support: Self Contained Breathing, S. E. High Radiation, Intense Heat & Cold

(16 Active pts)

8 13) High Range Radio Perception (12 Active Pts)

Fyredrake Movement and Defensive Systems; All Slots OIF Battlesuit (-1/2)

40 1) Rocket Jets: Flight 20" Reduced END (0 END +1/2) (60 Active Pts)

20 2) Titanium Alloy: Damage Resistance 30 PD & 30 ED

7 3) Polarized Lenses: Sight Group Flash Defense 10 Pts (10 Active Pts)

3 4) Sound Dampers: Hearing Group Flash Defense 5 pts (5 Active pts)

325 Total Power Cost

Disadvantages

Cost Disadvantage

20 Hunted by Enforcers 8- (Mo Pow, Harshley Punish, Extensive NCI)

10 Physical Limitation: Nearsighted

20 Physical Limitation: Normal Characteristics Maxima

20 Psych Limitation: Hatred of the Enforcers (Very Common, Strong)

15 Psych Limitation: Feels he must redeem himself (Common, Strong)

15 Psych Limitation: Vengeful (Common, Strong)

15 Reputation: Most wanted man in New Los Angeles

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID: James Tsung

10 Vulnerability: 2x Stun from Gravity Attacks

10 Vulnerability: 2x Body from Gravity Attacks

150 Total Disadvantage Cost

Stat Cost 54

S/P/T Cost 21

Power Cost 320

Total Char Cost = 405 = 225 Base + 150 Disadvantage + 30 Exp Spent

Origin

Fyredrake perched on the corner of the building scanning the streets for signs of trouble. As he watched his mind drifted back..how long had he been doing this...two months now since... the Enforcers killed his brother. James thought of his career how he had spent his entire working life since graduating college, working for the government he now hated. He had designed many of the newer cybernetic implants the enforcers now used. He used to believe in the Enforcers until that fateful day in the department store. A group of terrorist had taken hostages and the Enforcers were called in. The Enforcers stormed the building and in the ensuing chaos, James' brother jumped one of the gunman and disarmed him. When the Enforcers stormed into the area they opened fire on anyone holding a gun..including Jame's brother. Over the next several months James' thought only of revenge, but had no way to act on it. Then he discovered an ancient history book from the time before the war. He saw pictures of the great heroes of the past...and one picture inspired him. He saw the legendary Iron Man. James built his own suit of armor and began fighting the Enforcers. He was determined to make a difference, to expose the Enforcers for what they were, to restore true freedom even if he had to die trying.

Mr. Psycho

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

15 CON 10 12-

15 BODY 10 12-

30 INT 20 15- PER Roll 15-

30 EGO 40 15- ECV: 10

12 COM 1 11-

5/35 PD 2 Total: 5/35 PD (0/30 rPD)

5/35 ED 2 Total: 5/35 ED (0/30 rED)

6 SPD 30 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

20 REC 28

50 END 10

50 STUN 19 Total Characteristic Cost: 217

Flight: 25"/200"

Cost Powers END

100 Mental Powers: Multipower, 100-point reserve

10u 1) Mind Bolt: Ego Attack 8d6 (Human class of minds), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (100 Active Points) 4

10u 2) Mind Bomb: Ego Attack 4d6 (Human class of minds), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (6" Radius; +1) (100 Active Points)

8u 3) You See What I Want You To See: Mental Illusions 11d6 (Human class of minds), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (82 Active Points)

10u 4) TK Bolt: EB 16d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (100 Active Points) 4

10u 5) Telekenetic Wave: EB 7d6, Double Knockback (+3/4), Area Of Effect (13" Cone; +1) (96 Active Points) 10

45 Telekenetic: Elemental Control, 90-point powers

45 1) Telekinesis (40 STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (90 Active Points)

45 2) Telekenetic Shield: FF (30 PD/30 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (90 Active Points)

45 3) Telekentic Flight: Flight 25", x8 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (90 Active Points)

26 Telekenetic Shield II: Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel), Missile Reflection, Reflect At Any Target (45 Active Points); Requires A PER Roll And A DEX Roll (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 4

31 Hard Nut to Crack: Mental Defense (25 points total), Hardened (x2; +1/2) (31 Active Points)

Perks

40 Psycho's Base: Base

Talents

5 Eidetic Memory

4 Speed Reading (x10)

Skills

3 Bugging 15-

3 Computer Programming 15-

5 Cramming

3 Deduction 15-

3 Demolitions 15-

3 Electronics 15-

3 Forensic Medicine 15-

3 High Society 13-

3 Inventor 15-

3 Linguist

3 1) Language: French (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

3 2) Language: Gaelic (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

3 3) Language: German (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

3 4) Language: Greek (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

3 5) Language: Hebrew (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

3 6) Language: Italian (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

3 7) Language: Japanese (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

3 8) Language: Latin (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

3 9) Language: Russian (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

3 Mechanics 15-

3 Scientist

2 1) SS: Anatomy 15- (3 Active Points)

2 2) SS: Bio Chemistry 15- (3 Active Points)

2 3) SS: Biology 15- (3 Active Points)

1 4) SS: Chemistry 11- (2 Active Points)

2 5) SS: Genetics 15- (3 Active Points)

2 6) SS: Geology 15- (3 Active Points)

2 7) SS: Mathematics 15- (3 Active Points)

2 8) SS: Micro Biology 15- (3 Active Points)

2 9) SS: Neurology 15- (3 Active Points)

2 10) SS: Organic Chemistry 15- (3 Active Points)

2 11) SS: Physics 15- (3 Active Points)

2 12) SS: Physiology 15- (3 Active Points)

3 Security Systems 15-

3 Systems Operation 15-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 528

Total Cost: 745

200+ Disadvantages

25 Enraged: if Batteling the Vandal (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 8-

25 Hunted: Super Heroes 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Capture)

15 Hunted: Police 8- (As Pow, NCI, Capture)

20 Psychological Limitation: Megalomania (Common, Total)

20 Psychological Limitation: Vengeful (Common, Total)

20 Psychological Limitation: Hatred of Superheroes (Common, Total)

20 Psychological Limitation: Hatred of Super Heroes (Common, Total)

400 G.M.'s Maniacal Genius Bonus

15 Social Limitation: Certifiably Insane (Frequently, Major)

10 Unluck: 2d6

Total Disadvantage Points: 585

Background/History: Jerry Buchanan was on top of the world. Beloved professor of Genetics at Columbia university. Internationally know for his research and linguistic skills, publishing his findings in multiple languages. Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize for finding a cure for muscular distrophy. Then his whole world crumbled. He was enjoying a romantic evening with his wife. They had attended the opera and were having dinner in a very popular new restaurant when a group of masked men suddenly barged in yelling at everyone to give up their wallets and jewlery. A few moments later the hero group Vigilant came in through the skylight. One of the robbers threw a concussion grenade into the center of the heroes, sending them flying. Jerry watched in horror as the hero called The Vandal, flewfirst into his wife an then into a brick wall. After a couple of seconds Vandal stood up out of the rubble covered in blood. Unforunatly fo Jerry it was his wife's. Something in his brain snapped and he ran out of the building. Over the next several months he sought for ways to give him the power to kill Vandal and rid the world of all superheroes for good. Experimenting with several chemical formulas, he finally thought he had on the would work and drank it down. The room seemed to spin and his mind lashed out at object around him. A beaker flew against the wall and shattered. A lab table suddenly flew towards him and he instinctively threw his hands up. The table bounced harmlessly to the floor off a field around Jerry's body. It only took a few hours for Jerry to measure and calculate his capabilities. Finally he had the power for his revenge.

Personality/Motivation: Mr. Psycho, as his name impleies, is completely insane. His natural intelligence still remains so he is a very difficult foe to deal with.

Quote: "You say I am insane, wait until I'm done with your mind"

Powers/Tactics:

Campaign Use: Hey who doen't need another crazy villain to use/

Appearance: Jerry Buchanan is in his mid 30. When he goes out in street clothes, which is rare, he usually wears blue jeans and a button up shirt.

Snow Blind

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

21 DEX 33 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

15 CON 10 12-

10 BODY 0 11-

10 INT 0 11- PER Roll 11-

10 COM 0 11-

5/30 PD 2 Total: 5/30 PD (0/25 rPD)

5/30 ED 2 Total: 5/30 ED (0/25 rED)

5 SPD 19 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

16 REC 20

50 END 10

50 STUN 24 Total Characteristic Cost: 135

Flight: 25"/200"

Cost Powers END

75 Ice & Cold: Multipower, 75-point reserve

5u 1) Arctic Attack: EB 6 1/2d6, Hole In The Middle (+1/4), Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1) (74 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) 7

7u 2) Ice Ball: EB 15d6 (75 Active Points) 7

7u 3) Cryo Beam: EB 7d6, NND (LS: Intense Cold; +1) (70 Active Points) 7

5u 4) Flash Frozen: Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF, Entangle And Character Both Take Damage (+1/4) (75 Active Points); Vulnerable (Uncommon; Fire & Heat; -1/2) 7

7u 5) Ice Lance: RKA 4d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points) 3

7u 6) Icey Fog: Darkness to Sight Group 5" radius, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points)

7u 7) Snowblind: Sight Group Flash 6d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (10" Cone; +1) (75 Active Points)

45 Ice & Cold: Elemental Control, 90-point powers

45 1) Ice Shield: FF (25 PD/25 ED/5 Flash Defense: Sight Group/5 Flash Defense: Hearing Group), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (90 Active Points)

30 2) Ice Slides: Flight 25", x8 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (90 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (-1/4), Visible (-1/4)

30 3) Ice Supports: Aid Body 6d6, Conditional Power Only to Brace/ Reinforce objects (+0), Ranged (+1/2) (90 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2) 9

2 LS (Safe in Intense Cold)

Perks

8 Contact: Nunzio 'Goomba' Stomboli (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has useful Skills or resources) 15-

Skills

3 Combat Driving 13-

8 Gambling (Card Games, Dice Games, Sports Betting, Roulette) 11-

4 Language: Italian (completely fluent; literate)

3 Streetwise 13-

2 WF: Small Arms

15 +5 with Multi Power

15 +3 with DCV

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 330

Total Cost: 465

200+ Disadvantages

20 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Fire & Heat (Common)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Fire & Heat (Common)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Fire & Heat (Uncommon)

15 Psychological Limitation: Acts Stereotypically Italian (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Casual Killer (Common, Strong)

20 Hunted: Police 11- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

5 Distinctive Features: Pure White Eyes (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Physical Limitation: Wierd Bio Chemistry requires special medical attention (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

10 Unluck: 2d6

100 Cold Hearted Villain Bonus

5 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 260

Background/History: 'Big Tony' was just your every day common criminal. A few robberies, a few hustles, even the occasional hit. He was content in his life but not happy, that all changed when he met Mr. Psycho. Tony had robbed a liquor store, but was trapped in the store by the police. Then it happened , the front of the store shattered and in floated Mr. Psycho. Psycho stretchd out his arms and both Tony and the clerk began to float in the air, Tony towards Psycho but the clerk went flying into the rack of bottles behind the counter.

"Are you going to kill me?" Tony asked.

"No my friend, I am going to give you what you want."

"H...how do you know what I want?"

"What does any criminal want?. Power, power to take what they want. I am going to give you that power"

"What's the catch"

"That you are at my disposal when I need you. Do we have a deal?"

"I'm all yours, boss"

Psycho flew them back to his headquarters, where in the lab he handed Tony a vial of white liquid that was freezing cold to the touch.

"Drink this and the power I promised shall be yours."

Tony drank the liquid and promptl passed out. While unconcious the formula changed Tony's body. When he awoke several hours later Psycho was standing over him.

"How do you feel?" Psycho asked offering a hand.

"Pretty good" Tony replied taking Psycho's hand. WHen he did his powers first manifested themselves covering Psycho's hand with a thing layer of ice.

"Quite chilling," Psycho said "Come my friend let us see what you are capable of."

Over the next few days Tony learned to control his powers. And during one of those sessions an old Black Sabbath song was playing on the radio."

"Hey Boss" he yelled.

"What do you want?"

"That's it"

"What is?"

"That's what you can call me...Snowblind"

Psycho thought about it and smiled "Very well you shall be Snowblind. Come your training is complete. We have much to do and we will need more allies."

Personality/Motivation: Snowblind acts like your stereotypical low level mafia peon.

Quote: "Hey are yous a little cold?"

Powers/Tactics: Generally uses his entangle first followed by either his eb or rka. If surrounded he will unleash his arctic attack.

Campaign Use: Evil Iceman Clone

Appearance: Big Tony looks like your stereotypical italian mobster. When not being Snowblind he wears expensive three piece suits, wears his hair slicked back...etc.

Mongrel

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

30 STR 20 15- Lift 1600.0kg; 6d6 [3]

30 CON 40 15-

30 BODY 40 15-

5 INT -5 10- PER Roll 10-

35 PRE 25 16- PRE Attack: 7d6

0 COM -5 9-

30 PD 24 Total: 30 PD (25 rPD)

30 ED 24 Total: 30 ED (25 rED)

20 REC 16

60 END 0

60 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 259

Flight: 20"/40"

Leaping: 6"/12"

Cost Powers END

75 Animal Attacks: Multipower, 75-point reserve

5u 1) Crab Choke: HA +5d6, NND (LS: Self Contained Breathing; +1), Continuous (+1) (75 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 7

5u 2) Crab Club: HA +10d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)

7u 3) Clawed Hand: HKA 3d6+1 (5d6+1 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points)

7u 4) Spider Web: Entangle 5d6, 5 DEF, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points)

5u 5) Venoumous Spit: Sight Group Flash 5d6, NND (Eye coverings; +1) (50 Active Points) 5

10 Animal Instincs: Tracking with Smell/Taste Group

5 Cat's Eyes: Nightvision

13 Bestial Mind: Mental Defense (15 points total)

25 Think Hide: Damage Resistance (25 PD/25 ED)

36 Bestial Healing: Healing 5 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (100 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

40 Bat-like Wings: Flight 20", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2)

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 233

Total Cost: 492

200+ Disadvantages

25 Physical Limitation: Unable to Speak (All the Time, Fully Impairing)

15 Physical Limitation: Illiterate (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

25 Psychological Limitation: Loyal to Mr. Psycho (Very Common, Total)

20 Psychological Limitation: Bestial (Common, Total)

25 Distinctive Features: Ugly Beast Man (Not Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

20 Hunted: Police 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

5 Inhuman Villain Bonus

15 Physical Limitation: Wierd Bio Chemistry, needs Special Medical Attention. (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

142 Experience Points

(95 points unspent)

Background/History: It is unknown how Mongrel became the way he did. The only ones who know are Mr. Psycho and Mongrel himself. Psycho wont tell and Mongrel lacks the capacity.

Personality/Motivation: Mongrel no longer has a human mentality. He is an animal plain and simple.

Quote: GRRRRRRRR

Powers/Tactics: If left to his own Mongrel acts like a animal. He can and will obey orders from Mr. Psycho and occasionally the other member of the SS.

Campaign Use: A good use for Mongrel would be his escaping from Mr. Psycho. Without his master to control him he goes on a killing spree like never seen before.

Appearance: Mongrel looks like something spawned for a nightmare. His skin has the appearance of rhinocerous hide. His left arm ends in a gaint crab pincer and his right in a clawed digits and his right hand has a place in the middle of the palm where he can release webbing from. He has giant bat like wings sprouting from his back and his mouth drips and acidic saliva.

• 2 weeks later...

Totem

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

60 STR 50 21- Lift 102.4tons; 12d6 [6]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

25 CON 30 14-

20 BODY 20 13-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 13-

20 EGO 20 13- ECV: 7

14 COM 2 12-

25 PD 13 Total: 25 PD (25 rPD)

25 ED 20 Total: 25 ED (25 rED)

5 SPD 20 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

20 REC 6

50 END 0

75 STUN 12 Total Characteristic Cost: 241

Movement: Running: 26"/52"

Leaping: 12"/24"

Cost Powers END

70 Spirit Warrior: Multipower, 70-point reserve

4u 1) Spirit Arrow: EB 14d6 (70 Active Points); Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) 7

4u 2) Spirit Tomahawk: HKA 2d6 (4d6 w/STR), Range Based On STR (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (52 Active Points); No Knockback (-1/4)

6u 3) My Animal Brothers: Telepathy 10d6 (Animal class of minds), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (62 Active Points) 2

20 Totem Warrior: Elemental Control, 40-point powers

18 1) Nature's Healing: Healing 3 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

20 2) Stride of the Stallion: Running +20" (26" total) (40 Active Points) 4

25 Skin of the Mountain: Damage Resistance (25 PD/25 ED)

20 The Might of the Oak: Knockback Resistance -10"

20 Nature's Protection: LS (Extended Breathing: 1 END per 20 Minutes; Immunity: Phytotoxins; Immunity: Zootoxins; Longevity: 400 Years; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat)

16 Will of the Warrior: Mental Defense (20 points total)

5 Eyes of the Owl: Nightvision

Martial Arts: Totem Fighting

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 Bear Hug (Crush) +0 +0 16d6 Crush, Must Follow Grab

4 Buffalo Charge (Charge) +0 -2 14d6 +v/5 Strike, FMove

4 Eagle's Claw (Killing Strike) -2 +0 HKA 1d6 +1

4 Ram's Horns (Martial Strike) +0 +2 14d6 Strike

4 Scorpion' Sting (Nerve Strike) -1 +1 2d6 NND

3 Serpent's Coils (Martial Grab) -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 70 STR for holding on

5 Stallion Kick (Offensive Strike) -2 +1 16d6 Strike

Perks

2 WCR Base Donation

10 Contact: Ancestor Spirits, Spirit Contact (x2) (10 Active Points) 14-

1 Fringe Benefit: License to practice Vetreanry Medicine

Skills

15 +3 with DCV

9 +3 with Totem Fighting

3 Animal Handler (Canines, Equines) 13-

Everyman Skills (Cost: 0 Points)

0 1) Native: Language: Apache (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

0 2) AK: Camp Verde, Arizona 11-

0 3) Acting 8-

0 4) Climbing 8-

0 5) Computer Programming 8-

0 6) Concealment 8-

0 7) Conversation 8-

0 8) Deduction 8-

0 9) PS: Vetrenarian 11-

0 10) Paramedics 8-

0 11) Persuasion 8-

0 12) Shadowing 8-

0 13) Stealth 8-

0 14) TF: Custom Adder, Small Motorized Ground Vehicles

4 Language: English (completely fluent; literate)

6 SS: Vetrenary Medicine 16-

14 Survival (Temperate/Subtropical, Desert, Mountain) 17-

9 Tracking 16-

3 Teamwork 13-

3 Traveler

2 1) AK: Boise, Idaho (3 Active Points) 13-

2 2) AK: Denver, Colorado (3 Active Points) 13-

2 3) AK: New Orleans, Louisiana (3 Active Points) 13-

2 4) AK: Orlando, Florida (3 Active Points) 13-

2 5) AK: Phoenix, Arizona (3 Active Points) 13-

2 6) AK: Portland, Oregon (3 Active Points) 13-

2 7) AK: Portsmouth, Virginia (3 Active Points) 13-

2 8) AK: Salt Lake City, Utah (3 Active Points) 13-

2 9) AK: San Antonio, Texas (3 Active Points) 13-

2 10) AK: San Diego, California (3 Active Points) 13-

2 11) AK: Seattle, Washington (3 Active Points) 13-

2 12) AK: Wahington D.C. (3 Active Points) 13-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 359

Total Cost: 600

400+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology)

5 Distinctive Features: Native American (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

25 Enraged: if heritage is insulted (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 8-

10 Hunted: Donors 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

15 Hunted: Governments 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

10 Physical Limitation: Crushing Grip (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

15 Physical Limitation: Weird Bio Chemistry Requires Special Medical Attention (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common, Total)

20 Psychological Limitation: Will Not Allow Bystanders to Come to Harm (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Will Not Break His Word (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Will Not Surrender (Common, Total)

10 Social Limitation: Held to a Higher Standard (Frequently, Minor)

10 Social Limitation: Object of Native American Stereotype (Occasionally, Major)

15 Social Limitation: Public Identity (Frequently, Major)

Total Disadvantage Points: 200

Background/History: The Apache have many legends and prophecies. Among them is that a warrior would be born among them, his eyes would be white like snow and he would help all nations and all tribes. When Joshua Greycloud was born, many of the Apache elders believed that he was the fufilment of this prophecy. . He learned to meditate and listen for the voices of his ancestors. Most of all they taught him that he was a warrior, and as a warrior, it was his obligation to protect the tribe. As he grew he learned that he was stronger than everyone else his age, and he learned to control that strength so that he did not hurt any who were weaker than him. He also discovered that it was very hard for him to get hurt and that he could run very fast. When he was 16 he ran down and wrestled a buffalo to the ground with his bare hands. Joshua also excelled academically as well, graduating high school with a perfect 4.0 gpa. Aftergraduating, the elders told him that he must leave the reservation.

"Why?" he asked, "You said it was my duty to protect the tribe."

The lead elder stood, "Your duty is to more than the Apache. It is to mankind. You must go into the world and use the abilities given to you to protect all of mankind."

Seeing the wisdom of the elders words, Joshua left the reservation. Knowing he would need some way to support himself as he traveled, he went to University of Phoenix, and earned a degree in veterinary medicine. After gaining his degree, he traveled throughout the country, using his super strength to aid those in need. During his travels, he improved his ability to fight. Mimicing animals, such as the bear, the eagle and the ram, he came up with his own unique martial art. He called it Totem fighting. He also contacted his ancestor spirits and learned how to chanel his own spirit energy into various uses. He currently resides in Seattle where he has a small veterinary practice.

Quote: "Did you just call me Tonto?"

"A true warrior mourns the loss of any life, and especially an innocent life most of all."

Powers/Tactics: Joshua is a mutant who posesses many different powers. He has superhuman strength, toughness, & resistance to harm. His powerful legs allow him to run at amazing speeds. He heals much faster than a normal human and is immune to any poisons derived from plants or animals. It also seems that his ability to heal has slowed his aging process. He can also hold his breath for an extended amount of time as well as resist extreme temperatures. Joshua sees as well in total darkness as well as daylight. Through meditation, his ancestor's spirits have taught him to call upon his own spiritual energies and use it in several different ways including firing spirit arrows and speaking with animals. His martial art is of his own creation, mimicing the attacks of various American animals.

Campaign Use: My cross between Nightwolf (from Mortal Kombat), T.Hawk (from Street Fighter), & Warpath (From X-Force).

Appearance: Joshua is a very tall muscular Apache indian. He appears to be in his early 20's but Joshua is actually 60 years old. His hair is very long, hanging down to the middle of his back. On his head he wears a headband with two eagle feathers hanging from it. His 'costume' consists of a pair of blue jeans, boot moccasins and a denim vest. He also wears Apache warpaint on his face.

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 225 lbs

Here is a character I am currently playing in nexus' Redwood Acadamy pbem game

Black Arachnia

Player: Chad McMinis

Hgt: 5'5"

Wgt: 115 lbs

Hair: Black

Eyes: Green

OCV: 7 DCV: 7 ECV: 3

Characteristics

Val Stat Base Cost

20 STR 10 10

21 DEX 10 33

15 CON 10 10

15 BOD 10 10

15 INT 10 05

10 EGO 10 00

15 PRE 10 05

16 COM 10 03

10 PD 4 06

10 ED 3 07

5 SPD 3.1 19

10 REC 7 06

30 END 30 00

33 STN 33 00

Total Char Cost 114

Skill/Perks/Talents

Cost Skill

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Climbing 13-

3 Lockpicking 13-

3 Sleight of Hand 13-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Streetwise 11-

21 Total Cost

Powers

Cost Power

23 Web Slinging: Multi Power (40 Pt reserve); All Slots require a Dex Roll (-3/4)

2u 1) Web Ball: 8D6 Energy Blast vs. PD (40 Active pts)

2u 2) Web: 4D6 Entangle (40 Active Pts)

2u 3) Web Net: 2D6 Entangle; Area of Effect 5" Cone (+1) (40 Active Pts)

1u 4) Web in Your Eyes: 3D6 Flash vs. Sight Group (15 Active pts)

2u 5) Web Wall: 10 PD/4 ED Force Wall, 3" Long 1"Tall (39 Active pts)

1u 6) Web-A-Chute: Gliding 12", Physical Manifestation (-1/4)

2u 7) Web Swinging: 20" Swinging (20 Active Pts)

10 Enhanced Agility: Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel) (15 Active pts); requires a PER & Acrobatics roll

10 Tougher than Normal: Damage resistance 10 PD & 10 ED

62 Total Power Cost

Char Cost 114

Skill Cost 24

Power Cost 62

Total Cost 200

Disadvantages

Cost Disadvantage

05 Distinctive Feature: Spider Tattoo on left shoulder (Easily Concealed, Noticed & Recognized, Commonly Used Senses)

15 Social Limitation: Legal Minor (Frequently, Greatly)

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Very frequently, Minor)

10 Physical Limitation: Weird Physiology, requires special medical attention (Frequently, Slightly)

15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident

10 Rivalry: Other Redwood students, as powerful, seek to outdo, aware of rivalry, rival is pc

10 Hunted: Police 8- (More Powerful, NCI, Watching Only)

100 Total Disadvantage Cost

Origin

Black Arachnia sat poised above the city, her thoughts on how much her life had improved in the last few months. No more stealing or hustling for money and food. No more juvenile hall or foster homes, not since Professor Moreau took her in, taught her new ways to use her powers. The night she tried to pick Professor Moreau’s pocket and quickly got caught, the night she spilled her whole life's story while sobbing, to the strange woman. The truth about her alcoholic parents who abused her physically and mentally. About how she left home at thirteen, survived through stealing, lying and hustling. She now had friends, though she constantly competed with them. Suddenly a female’s scream for help pierced her thoughts. She launched a web strand from her wrist and swung off. "No more victim's;" she thought to herself. "No more like me."

Personality: Alex is quiet and brooding around strangers. But once she gets to know someone she can be really outgoing.

• 1 month later...

Here is the 750 pt monster I just made for Nexus' Seeds of Change

Sub Zero

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

20 STR 10 13- Lift 400.0kg; 4d6 [2]

20 CON 20 13-

20 BODY 20 13-

15 INT 5 12- PER Roll 12-

18 EGO 16 13- ECV: 6

25 PRE 15 14- PRE Attack: 5d6

16 COM 3 12-

10/30 PD 6 Total: 10/30 PD (10/30 rPD)

10/30 ED 6 Total: 10/30 ED (10/30 rED)

20 REC 24

60 END 10

60 STUN 20 Total Characteristic Cost: 235

Movement: Running: 11"/22"

Leaping: 4"/8"

Cost Powers END

80 Ice/ Cold Creation and Manipulation: Multipower, 80-point reserve

5u 1) Damn Its Cold: Change Environment 4" radius, -10 Temperature Level Adjustment, -5 to Dex Roll, Multiple Combat Effects, Personal Immunity (+1/4) (77 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) 8

5u 2) Icey Fog: Darkness to Sight and Smell/Taste Groups 4" radius, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (79 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)

8u 3) Frostbite: EB 8d6, NND (LS: Safe Environment- Intense Cold; +1) (80 Active Points) 8

8u 4) Ice Ball: EB 16d6 (80 Active Points) 8

8u 5) Ice Chunks: EB 8d6, Area Of Effect (9" Cone; +1) (80 Active Points) 8

5u 6) Freeze: Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF, Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+1/4) (75 Active Points); Vulnerable (Fire & Heat; -1/2) 7

5u 7) Cold Shoulder: Touch Group Flash 9d6, Does Knockback (+1/4), Hole In The Middle (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2), Double Knockback (+3/4) (74 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) 7

8u 8) Snow in your Eyes: Sight Group Flash 8d6, Area Of Effect (9" Cone; +1) (80 Active Points) 8

5u 9) Ice Wall: FW (15 PD/15 ED; 3" long and 1" tall) (79 Active Points); Vulnerable (-1/2) 8

8u 10) Ice Needles: RKA 2 1/2d6, Area Of Effect (9" Cone; +1) (80 Active Points) 8

7u 11) Ice Spike: RKA 5d6 (75 Active Points) 7

8u 12) CO2 Blast: Suppress Fire 10 1/2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (79 Active Points)

4u 13) Ice Supports: Telekinesis (50 STR) (75 Active Points); Conditional Power Only to Brace or support objects (-1/2), Physical Manifestation (-1/4) 7

90 Icey Coating I: Armor (20 PD/20 ED), Hardened (x2; +1/2) (90 Active Points)

13 Freeze to a Surface: Clinging (30 STR)

15 Icey Coating II: Damage Resistance (10 PD/10 ED), Hardened (x2; +1/2) (15 Active Points)

12 Icey Coating V: Sight Group Flash Defense (10 points), Hardened (+1/4) (12 Active Points)

12 Icey Coating iV: Hearing Group Flash Defense (10 points), Hardened (+1/4) (12 Active Points)

40 Icey Coating III: HA +8d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)

17 Icey Metabolism: LS (Extended Breathing: 1 END per 20 Minutes; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: 200 Years; Safe in Intense Cold)

11 Stong Mental Discipline: Mental Defense (15 points total)

10 Running +5" (11" total) 1

Dragon Style

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

5 Backfist (Def Strike) +1 +3 4d6 / 0d6 Strike

5 Dargon Claw Strike (Off Strike) -2 +1 8d6 / 4d6 Strike

4 Dragon's Fangs (Choke Hold) -2 +0 Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND

4 Dragon's Scale (Mart Block) +2 +2 Block, Abort

3 Dragon's Tail (Leg Sweep) +2 -1 5d6 / 1d6 Strike, Target Falls

4 Roundhouse (Mart Strike) +0 +2 6d6 / 2d6 Strike

4 Strength of the Dragon (Mart Escape) +0 +0 35 STR / 15 STR vs. Grabs

Perks

2 Sensei: Fringe Benefit: Accredited Instructor, Black Belt

Talents

3 Ambidexterity (-2 Off Hand penalty)

3 Lightning Reflexes: +2 DEX to act first with All Actions

Skills

3 Acrobatics 15-

3 Breakfall 15-

15 +5 with Martial Maneuvers

15 +5 with Ice Multipower

25 +5 with DCV

3 Conversation 14-

8 KS: Dragon Style 17-

4 Language: Mandarin (completely fluent; literate)

3 Oratory 14-

7 PS: Martial Arts Instructor 16-

3 Tactics 12-

3 Teamwork 15-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 513

Total Cost: 748

600+ Disadvantages

20 DNPC: Mother (Rebecca) & Father (David) 8- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)

15 Physical Limitation: Wierd Bio-Chemistry, requires special medical attention (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

20 Psychological Limitation: Honorable (Very Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Will Never Break His Word (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Won't Allow Bystanders Come to Harm (Common, Total)

15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)

5 Unluck: 1d6

20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Fire or Heat (Common)

Background/History: The night the seeds fell, Joshua was just a twinkle in his mother's eye. Rebecca Tsung had just found out she was pregnant and was telling her husband David when the light show occured. They watched the brilliance together and after it was over they returned home. Nine months later, Joshua was born. His father, a martail arts instructor, began teaching his son the art as soon as he could walk. By the time he was ten, Joshua had mastered the style and when he was sixteen he was recognized by the martial arts association as an instructor in the Dragon style. It was soon after this award that Joshua's powers first manifested themselves. He was alone in his father's dojo performing a kata. He was going through the motions effortlessly when suddenly, during a open palm strike, a ball of ice shot from his hand. Joshua looked at his hand in surprise and noticed it was covered in frost. Joshua concentrated and suddenly his whole hand was coated by a very thin but solid layer of ice. He concentrated again and the ice was gone. After an hour or so of experimenting he discoverd that he could coat his entire body in a thin layer of ice. Yet he could see, hear, and talk normally. He alos dicovered that he could project the ice out in several different forms. *I can use my powers to help people* he thought to himself *But I musn't let my parent's know, if I make enemies they could get hurt.* He headed home thinking about a design for a costume, when he passed a video game store, a poster in the window. The poster showed Scorpin and Sub Zero from the Mortal Kombat video games. *Thats it* he thought, *I'll desing my costume after Sub Zero's* He went home and drew a costume design. Over then next several months he made his costume in secret while perfecting his use of his freezing powers. At first he did his best not to be seen, only going out at night, he would leave criminals frozen on the police precincts steps. But over the next few years many others with gifts began sprining up. Soon the newspaers and tv was filmed with images of 'super heroes'. *Now it begins* Joshua thought *there will be those who will use their powers to gain wealth or power, it is those I must prepare for. It is they whom I must defend others from*

Personality/Motivation: SubZero is a very disciplined individual. He treats everyone with respect, even his enemies. He is motivated by the knowledge that some of these newly gifted people will use their talents to exploit people. He means to defend those who cannot defend themselves.

Quote:

Powers/Tactics: Sub Zero is a unique mixture of energy blaster and martial artist. He is equally at home figting at a distance or in h-h combat with his martail arts.

Campaign Use:

Appearance: Joshua stands 6' tall and weighs around 185 lbs. His hair is black and long and his eyes are brown. When he uses his freezing powers however Joshua's eyes turn a solid ice blue. In his costume Joshua looks very mcuh like his name sake from the Mortal Kombat video games.