The City of Smokes

CourtFool

I am adding some detail to the City of Aarn from the Turakian Age for a possible future campaign. I am modeling some of the information from a real city and would like to avoid making any major errors due to my lack of biological and geological knowledge.

Has any reference to seasonal temperatures, local flora and fauna or the landscape of Aarn been made? Is the land surrounding the city swamp? Is it reasonable that there are seagulls, pelicans and crane throughout the area? Could the fishermen haul in Spotted seatrout, sandtrout, redfish, black drum, croaker, and flounder?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Re: The City of Smokes

The TA book has some information about general climate and such, but nothing specific about Aarn. Your best bet is to look to look at the climatic indicators on the map on TA 49 and guesstimate from that.

There are no swamps around Aarn.

The types of birds you describe aren't unreasonable. Cranes might be a bit of a stretch, but not much of one at worst.

I'm not familiar enough with fish to give any opinion there, but I doubt anyone's going to cry foul if you're a little off in your piscine picks. ;)

What? Is it based on Raliegh-Durham?

Maybe City of Smoke might be more evocative of a fantasy city title than a tobacco based economy.

And CF? If you want to have a swamp there... don't listen to Steve... its your game now. You can have a glacier there if you want. Repeat after me: it is your game.

What? Is it based on Raliegh-Durham?

Maybe City of Smoke might be more evocative of a fantasy city title than a tobacco based economy.

And CF? If you want to have a swamp there... don't listen to Steve... its your game now. You can have a glacier there if you want. Repeat after me: it is your game.

No, it is not based on Raliegh-Durham. Although, maybe I should consider that.

Yes, I know I do not have to follow canon. I just like to out of laziness. If it were important to be a swamp, it would be.