Mechanized Robot Guards?

red_eagle123

In the Plot Seed document, there's a plot seed for Mechanon (submitted by Hermit) where Mechanon takes over an automated nuclear power plant and threatens to unleash hell on earth. Part of the description cites having the players fight their way through the power plant to Mechanon's lair fighting against the automated defenses.

For some reason I'm picturing this as little mobile robotic units created by Mechanon from the existing defenses of the power plant. How would you write these up if you were going to use them?

I'm curious to see what ideas for mechanized units such as these are out there. I suppose alternatively one could take ideas from Black Harlequin's toys write-up and use those. What other ideas exist for these types of opponants for PC's to face?

Re: Mechanized Robot Guards?

Well, Mechanon's writeup from the Champions genre book includes the ability to Summon four 150-pt. robots out of nearby technology. These robots are described in a free .pdf which you can download from here. You could use those as a template for the robots devised by Mechanon, adding abilities as desired.

You might also check out Chapter Four of the HERO System Bestiary, "Beasts Of Science Fiction And The Movies." The cybernetic Chromedog and the Hunter-Seeker Drone robot would make a good customizable start for Mech's defenses.