Force Field vs. Force Wall

VR Dragon

Okay, my Bot is starting to come to gether. I think I have gotten a idea of how I want his force field powers to work. Only one thing confuses me. I was thinking of putting in a force wall power into his multipower build. But here is the kicker. It cost way to much I think for any decent level of defense. 5 points per 2 points of resistant defense? Whats that mean??? If I buy a 10/10 Force wall, will a normal EB blow it to hell? Can someone explain the workings of force wall vs force field besides the range/shape/etc stuff?

I read throught the force field stuff in Digi-Hero and found it to be what I was looking for. God I wish I could find a mentor to explain this game to me in person. Its hard teaching yourself a skill without outside input.

Re: Force Field vs. Force Wall

A forcewall that is not overcome by the BODY damage of any attack that hits it/tried to pass through it stops the entire attack, BODY and STUN, whereas a forcefield just deducts its defence from both BODY and STUN, usually letting through a good portion of STUN in most cases.

The following examples are somewhat simplified;

The advantage of Force Wall is that it stops all the Stun and Knock Back of an attack, unless the attack does enough Body to break through. So, a 50 point Force Wall (10 PD / 10 ED) will on average stop all of the damage done by a 50 point attack (10d6 EB = an average of 10 Body, 35 stun). A Force Field of the same power level (50 point FF = 25PD/25ED) will, on average, let 10 stun through, and you may take Knock Back (on average, feom a 50 point EB, 3"). The Force Wall can also be used to protect other characters, or to deny access to an area.

The disadvantages of the FW are that you can't normally attack through it, it's not normally mobile (it can't move once you put it up). Both of these things can be changed with the right choices of advantages.

Most of the time, personal protection is best represented as a Force Field, while protecting other people or an area is best represented as a Force Wall.

Okay, so is the Armor ability work the same as Force Wall with its resistant defense or like Force Field?

my bot is going to be focused more on defense secondly on attack.

Also I am having some trouble with a AI/Robot Abilities package, can someone help me on that? Sensor systems, robot abilies, etc...

Armor and Force Field protect against damage the same way -- by providing resistant Physical Def and/or Energy Def. (resistant defenses have to do with Killing Attacks, but that's another topic...) Against normal attacks, they work just like your character's basic PD and ED characteristics -- in fact, if your character had Armor and Force Field, the total of those two and your PD or ED would be subtracted from an attack before the STUN and BODY were applied to your character.

Unlike a Force Wall, neither Armor nor Force Field "drops" when their ability to stop BODY damage is exceeded. However, just stopping the BODY of an attack with either of those defenses does not stop the STUN completely, which is what happens with Force Wall.

The difference between Armor and Force Field is that, without modifiers, Armor is 0 END and Persistent, and costs 3 for 2, while Force Field costs END, is not Persistent, and costs 2 for 2. (IE, Armor is more expensive but generally more capable.)

Hope that helps.