Power Armor Bob and the Niftium Engine Rockets

Proemial

My brain has been idly producing odd power combinations for the last couple days.

The one that stuck in my head is this:

How would one go about having a power whose "charges" cause a depletion in another non-charged power that the character possesses.

For instance: Power Armor Bob flies by use of attached rocket packs. They have unlimited fuel (due to his Niftium Engine). However, he can cause the rocket packs to detach and strike like missiles (RKA, or a PD affecting EB. Makes little difference). Each time he uses a rocket attack, his maximum flight speed decreases. When he is out of rockets, he can neither fly, nor fire off more rockets.

Though, he could return to his Secret Underground Lair and produce more rockets for his armor.

Thoughts?

I might put a limitation on Flight.

5" Flight, 0 END

+5" Flight, 0 END, must have 2 or more charges left in Rocket Attack power (-1/4)

+5" Flight, 0 END, must have 4 or more charges left in Rocket Attack power (-1/2)

+5" Flight, 0 END, must have 8 or more charges left in Rocket Attack power (-3/4)

The value of the limitations depends on how frequently the rockets are used as attacks.

Re: Power Armor Bob and the Niftium Engine Rockets

Originally posted by Proemial

My brain has been idly producing odd power combinations for the last couple days.

The one that stuck in my head is this:

How would one go about having a power whose "charges" cause a depletion in another non-charged power that the character possesses.

For instance: Power Armor Bob flies by use of attached rocket packs. They have unlimited fuel (due to his Niftium Engine). However, he can cause the rocket packs to detach and strike like missiles (RKA, or a PD affecting EB. Makes little difference). Each time he uses a rocket attack, his maximum flight speed decreases. When he is out of rockets, he can neither fly, nor fire off more rockets.

Though, he could return to his Secret Underground Lair and produce more rockets for his armor.

Thoughts?

Hmmm, you know.. I kinda like that Idea... Think I will um...borrow it!

Re: Power Armor Bob and the Niftium Engine Rockets

Originally posted by Proemial

You could put Flight and EB/RKA in a multipower with the Lockout (-1/2) Limitation on the attack. Then when each Charge is used it ties up a portion of the Multipower until the Charges are replaced.