i call upon the heros of the forum to help me!! (plz)

nightbringer256

i am a new GM, and i am running a game where the main villian, Tempest, is planinng on teleporting gold city onto an alien plant where he can take it over much more easly. i need some help on how to turn the city aganst (sp) the heros first :eg: plz help the new GM.

oh tempest is a techie with weather control ablities and his brother backlash, mentalist/pyrokentics, will be help him. also Howler, from champions book, and Dreammaster, a mentalist who's powers only work on sleeping people and while he is asleep him self. any help would be greatly apriated (sp)

me very bad at spelling

Re: i call upon the heros of the forum to help me!! (plz)

i am a new GM, and i am running a game where the main villian, Tempest, is planinng on teleporting gold city onto an alien plant where he can take it over much more easly. i need some help on how to turn the city aganst (sp) the heros first :eg: plz help the new GM.

oh tempest is a techie with weather control ablities and his brother backlash, mentalist/pyrokentics, will be help him. also Howler, from champions book, and Dreammaster, a mentalist who's powers only work on sleeping people and while he is asleep him self. any help would be greatly apriated (sp)

me very bad at spelling

Well...

Does Tempest have a previous history as a villain? Do the PCs have a reputation at all?

One scenario could be that Tempest frames the PCs for teleporting the city in the first place. Even if they are known as "heroes", maybe the teleportation happens while a scientific- or magical-type hero is doing something involving dimensional gateways.

A little bit of bad PR can turn a city on you very quickly.

:rolleyes:

One question, is Dreammaster capable of creating Mental Illusions that the subject would beleive actually happened, as opposed to the target just thinking they were dreams?

If Dreammaster can craft dreams that are mistaken for reality by the targets, start by making the Mayor, Police Cheif, etc. think that the characters have done things like attempted to strong arm the Mayor into change his position on something.

If Dreammaster can not do that, does he have Mind Control or psychic surgery? First find some one that might be willing to accept "relevatory" or "prophetic" dreams. Give this person dreams where some higher power is condemning the characters. Next start usinge MC or psychic surgery to make people more willing to believe the "prophet," when he tells that he has it from a higher power that the PCs are evil.

Finally, hopefully, Dreammaster can use MC to make sleeper to somnambulate. If he has some way of targeting the sleeping characters (limited mind scan is best for this), he can make them do all sorts of things. How bad those things actually are, should be determined by the tone of your campaign and the tolerance of your players.

I'm assuing that you want the people of the city turned against the heroes before he teleports the city. If so, over a period of time, you could have the local papers / tv reporters ripping on the heroes (a la J. Jonah Jameson) under Backlash's or Dreammaster's sway. If a player character has fire powers, Backlash could also set fires and make it look like the PC hero was responsible.

Alternately, you could work all the villains' powers together and not move the city at all; Tempest creates an amplifier with which Howler "sings" the entire city to sleep, then Dreammaster makes everybody *believe* the city was teleported to an alien planet due to reckless action on the heroes' part, but in the dream Tempest and crew "save" the city by returning it to Earth. Backlash (wearing earplugs) spends the night creating a burn mark circling the city (so the city denizens have physical evidence after they wake up), and Tempest hits the city with a hail storm (which the citizens "remember" happening on the alien planet; further physical evidence).

me very bad at spelling

At least nobody can accuse you of thinking small for your early adventures. Most of us run at least a year before we teleport the game city to another planet. :eg:;)

(I never did that one. I did transport the entire University of Montana at Bozeman back to the late Cretaceous. Does that count?) :D

And welcome to the boards. :)

Nightbringer,

First of all let me say that I am NOT ripping on year adventure idea, but unless you have some unseen elements to make it float I don't see it working. Why would your villain with the power to move an entire city to an alien planet capable of sustaining life want to control the city. Is there some muse being used here to incite the adventure that you haven't told us about like a woman...no not just a woman a beautiful woman or something special about or in the city that makes him want to seperate and control the people like ants in a colony. Here, I'll give you another example: In Marvel comics the interdimensional being Kulan Goth once transformed and encased and entire city into a Barbarian paradise like something straight out of the pages of the old Conan comics all in an effort to extract vengance on spiderman and many here went through the barrier encasing Denver Colorado in an effort to save him(Captain America the X-men the New Mutants) the point is that the motive wasn't just to control the city, controlling the city was just the end result because the magical barrier that didn't allow technology also changed the way people thought, spoke, dressed and to a limited extent the way they looked and people struggled to keep ahold of the memory of who they were and what they were there for. Many of the hero found themselves submersed in the world Kulan Goth created and had no recollection of their former selves. If you want more help then perhaps provide some of the villains motivation to give us or at least me a stronger idea of what type of person he is and what his resources or limits my be when dealing with the players characters.

RPJ

sry i have been at school then at the comic book shop :) .

yes tempest & backlash have HUGE reputations, like to extreme 14-'s each. the heros are fairly well know. the have been featured in the news alot, and save the city from a nuclear meltdown

dream master can only effect people while they are sleeping. how ever he does have other powers that can effect people while they are awake, one of which i belive is MC but i am not sure as i don't have his character sheet with me right now. Also dream master lives in a life wupport tube, as he was grown by tempest and views him as a father. however his body is VERY weak, 1 STR 1 DEX 1 CON 1 BODY, however he can mind rape people like nobodies business :).

i want to turn the population agianst the hero durning/after the teleport. so that after words the heros and the military would form an underground risestance to fight back.

tempest motavation is that he wants to take over the city with NO outside interfearence. the last time he just tried to take over a city, gotham, it almost go him killed, however he did total the city and release many a criminal. :eg:

the plot outline that i want to have the story take is as follows

city gets teleported. urban warfare breaks out between tempest's forces (which where waiting on the planet), and the military and heros. then after winning back the people and covincing them that it was tempest, along and ardious (sp?) jurny back to earth, kinda like what happened in homeworld. thats what i have so far. i am runnig the session tomorrow (december 24, 2004) however i would love to continue to use this board as a sounding board for ideas. i am relativly new at this. :rolleyes: however i am great at think up ideas, just not implementing them.

thanks for you all so much for your support

happy hoildays to all!!

Woah!!!!! Nightbringer the last thing you want to do is totally map out what the heroes are doing in reaction to your plot(underground resistance??) people react violently to not having options and free-will. It sounds like you're fairly excited though and you have given it a lot of thought...good luck and have fun, but remember that roleplaying is an organic experience you can't tell a flower how to grow you can only water it and watch it grow as it will.

Happy Holidays

RPJ

At least nobody can accuse you of thinking small for your early adventures. Most of us run at least a year before we teleport the game city to another planet. :eg:;)

(I never did that one. I did transport the entire University of Montana at Bozeman back to the late Cretaceous. Does that count?) :D

And welcome to the boards. :)

Heck, to be honest I never even considered the idea! A building sent back in time and such, yeah, but not an entire city sent somewhere else.

And also, welcome nightbringer256!

Whoops, I started to respond but that's okay, I didn't have anything great to offer, same as above generally. Since your game was today and is either in progress now or over with, mainly it'd be interesting to hear how it worked out.

(BTW - RPJesus, did I welcome you? I may have neglected to do so, but I saw your post explaining your name upon your "arrival", welcome also!)

hi all

i was busy with christmas

what ended up happening was that after tempest captured them he started monologing *shuder*. well right as he was going to teleport back to base a PC, hawk (flier), tackled him and was teleported too. hawk went on to KO tempest, backlash, the evil teams brick, 3 guards in power armor. then he escaped and destroyed the 4 apaches sent after him with the help of his sister, sailor jupitor. however tempest was still able to activate the shield and conjure the super storm off the coast.

i was rolling horrible and hawk was rolling GREAT. *sigh*

anyways i know how i will turn the people agianst them. they expressed interest in trying to leave the shield. when the try and turn it off tempest will have a camra broadcasting it with a voice over of him saying "citizens of gold city, i am trying to save our fair city from the impending super storm. but your beloved heros are trying their hardest to bring down the shield. you must ask your selves are they really heros, or is it all just a ruse? i hope you can find a way to help me stop them so i my save the city"

now is that evil or what? :eg:

good night all. its midnight and i am too tired to keep on writeing *yawn*

baye all