abort question

steph

hello everyone because my english is not that good(i am a french canadian) sometimes i am very lost with the rules........my question is it is possible in a aborting phase to make multiple things ...exemple¨: a man fire a arrow on me i abort to defense my self .....i swtich all my csl in dcv (0 phase action) and i dodge(1/2 phase action) it is legal??.....steph

Re: abort question

hello everyone because my english is not that good(i am a french canadian) sometimes i am very lost with the rules........my question is it is possible in a aborting phase to make multiple things ...exemple¨: a man fire a arrow on me i abort to defense my self .....i swtich all my csl in dcv (0 phase action) and i dodge(1/2 phase action) it is legal??.....steph

Yes, you can do both, as long as you are trying to do two things that shouldn't go together like to both Dodge and Block.

Yes' date=' you can do both, as long as you are trying to do two things that shouldn't go together like to both Dodge and Block.[/quote']

Or both Dodge and kick the other guy in the shins. But as far as Im concerned, adjusting all applicible levels to DCV is automatic when Dodging. When Blocking there is always to question of which go to OCV and which go to DCV.

You can take multiple 0 Phase Actions that are defensive in nature up to your GM's comfort level. Some GM's are more comfortable than others.

I tend to be pretty lenient -- Ill let you Abort to stand up while turning on your personal FW, going Desolid, and puting all your CSLs into DCV for example.

For a more "official" response, here is a recent Rules Question about this very thing by OddHat:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24993

Personal Force Wall?!

As opposed to a Force Wall you might put up around another character or object I think.

I allow characters to abort to defend those around them (primarily to Block or Missile Deflect an attack aimed at an adjacent character, if applicable). I typically allow Powers like FW to be use in this manner as well. It's more heroic if the good guy doesn't have to wait until his Phase to put up a FW dome to protect a group of bystandards from falling debris.