Bases: Do you charge points for appliances and utilities?

OddHat

Re: Bases: Do you charge points for appliances and utilities?

2) Spoon: There was a thread a while back that created some designs for common household items (primarily a spoon). Creating a spoon' date=' refrigerator, etc is VERY expensive. Considering that your average person is built on 150 pts, spending 35 points on a food processor seems a little excessive.[/quote']I remember that thread, or one like it. My favorite was a stick (a multipower with a number of slots, including extra STR for use as a lever, Mind Control to make dogs run away, and naturally, a 2d6 HA). Second place was the towel.

While you are under no obligation to give away a 52" Flat Panel TV, hologram projector, Jaguar XJ8L, etc to every SuperTom, PowerDick (heh that made me laugh) and MegaHarry that walks past, it is reasonable to assume that the basics are covered. I would also beware of "item creep" where the heroes are going to "assume" that they will have every kind of equipment they could want. A nice wooden spoon or food processor is no big. A small fusion reactor, spare power generator etc is not.

My ruling on these "little things" is that if you didn't pay points for them, then they only work as intended. You can't decide to rig the TV up to handle video confencing, nor can you decice to set the fusion reactor to detonate. Use only as directed. Use of this product other than its indented use if a violation of any applicable state or federal law. Do not remove this tag.

Re: Bases: Do you charge points for appliances and utilities?

I remember that thread' date=' or one like it. My favorite was a stick (a multipower with a number of slots, including extra STR for use as a lever, Mind Control to make dogs run away, and naturally, a 2d6 HA). Second place was the towel.[/quote']The ultimate in this, of course, would be Dave Mattingly's kitchen sink. :thumbup:

But seriously, folks, I think it's exactly what I said earlier -- don't charge points for standard amenities and everyday stuff, though you might write them up anyway if there's a cyberkinetic around (or for any other, similar purpose).

Oy, do I want the HERO System Guide to Everyday Stuff.... ;)