Unlicensed Adventures

John T

I often watch movies, read books and play computer/console games that I'd like to develop as RPG settings. A lot of you (all) do, as well, judging by the amount of material here in the "Other Genres" forum. :)

What other settings, not previously published as PnP RPGs, are we interested in playing?

Three of mine are:

The Phantasy Star series of games by Sega, particularly 3 and 4. A superpower-scaled science fantasy setting on an artificial world, particularly in 3, where the "world" is actually a spacecraft composed of seven gigantic habitation domes.

The film Dark City. Another artificial world setting in which aliens periodically revise both the setting and the inhabitants' memories. I've finally begun to figure out how to deal with the latter issue in an RPG context, but it's still not complete.

The novel Shattered World by Michael Reaves. A fantasy setting in an aptly-named world described here.

John T

Re: Unlicensed Adventures

I've always been a fan of Resident Evil/Biohazard and would love to see them converted over as a game world. Also, Silent Hill could be really neat :) The missus and I are a bit of Final Fantasy/Chrono Cross/Chrono Chrono Trigger junkies, so a good RPG of them would be neat to see. Gotta also give it up for Ben's pet fav, MegaMan ... that would just be one REALLY cool game.

As for movies/TV shows, I'd have to say Battlestar Galactica, Andromeda, Firefly (though it may be becoming a RPG), The X-Files and Freakylinks would all make interesting RPGs. I wouldn't mind seeing an Incredibles one either, but I'd like to see that as a starter RPG for kids.

For anime, I'd love to see a Spriggan or Lodoss War game (though I've heard there was a Lodoss War book at one point).