The Authority: Revolution #3

nexus

Got a chance to read this today. I think the story is heading in an interesting is slightly predictable direction. You learn a bit more about what's going on behind the scenes and it still seems like The Authority is, by and large, on the side of the angels but their opposition isn't -total- scum. Not quite and at least played intelligently and seemingly powerful enough that it won't be another cake walk with inevitable confrontation comes. There's some interesting team interaction and evidence of how the group's dynamic has changed since Jenny Sparks died. I think Paul Revere (as he calls himself) is a great example of the Aberrant ability "Mega Charisma"

Favorite line

Apollo "And I want it on the record that that Son of B*tch is a alot more stronger than 10 men!"

Spoiler Space

I have a sneaking suspicion about how this is going to play out. Midnighter's trip to the "future" was fake, eingineered by the mastermind manipulating the "revolutionaries" to tear the team apart from the inside. They've been shown to have technology just like The Authority (including "Doors") and a powerful virtual reality system.

Re: The Authority: Revolution #3

So far I'm enjoying the way that this series is playing out the implications of the Authority's decision to take over America. I quite like your idea of the fake time travel trip, although I do have to suggest that the Midnighter of all people would be able to see through this. But I'll certainly remember where I heard it first should this turn out to be correct. ;)

So far I'm enjoying the way that this series is playing out the implications of the Authority's decision to take over America. I quite like your idea of the fake time travel trip' date=' although I do have to suggest that the Midnighter of all people would be able to see through this. But I'll certainly remember where I heard it first should this turn out to be correct. ;)[/quote']

Very true. He is portrayed as canny, but I got the impression he was already becoming somewhat disillusioned with the entire thing. You can fool even the shrewdest person with a lie they already half want to believe.

Edit: I'm also a cynical bastard and I can't beleive they'll actually let The Authority be proven to be "wrong" about anything. They have to have at least some form of the moral high ground or they really are a bunch of psycho facists.

Is that fruit still alive?

Alive and well. (and that pisses me off! Mr. Majestic frying his ass at the end of gangwar was one of the coolest scenes I'd ever read.) Ah well at lest their making good use of him. As opposed to his appearance in Gen13 where F-ing Grunge beat him up! :nonp:

your not reading sleeper eyendasky your missing out.

It's like film noir with superheros a dark twisting storyline with a hero caught in the middle of the machinations of two masterminds as tries to play them against each other. A hero trapped on the wrong side not knowing who to trust or if he will come out on the side of the angels or even alive . A life filled murder, mayhem and betrayal and that's just the heros girlfriend.

Best of all its a comic book about being a super villian.

your not reading sleeper eyendasky your missing out.

It's like film noir with superheros a dark twisting storyline with a hero caught in the middle of the machinations of two masterminds as tries to play them against each other. A hero trapped on the wrong side not knowing who to trust or if he will come out on the side of the angels or even alive . A life filled murder, mayhem and betrayal and that's just the heros girlfriend.

Best of all its a comic book about being a super villian.

Totaly agreement. Sleeper is the best comic of the past 2 years, bar none. It is the Wildstorm universe done right. If only Joe Casey could have got more support for his Wildcats 3.0, which was a close second. (The last few issues of 3.0 were pretty much blah... as Casey just drug out one big fire fight as if to say "screw you readers who couldn't handle the interesting, non-action oriented, social science oriented plot I was writing!!")