Two Duplication effects questions?

Demonsong

Two Duplication effects questions?

1)A character that has powers (and Stats increases) that only work while

duplicated would this be a -1/4 limitation or a -1/2? By the letter of the book

it would seem to me that is should be a -1/2 Limitation but that might be a

little much. I am looking for personal thoughts and a direct rules clarification

here.

2) Said character (and his duplicate) are in a battle and one of the bad guys

uses a drain on the primaries duplication power. So technically the duplication

doesn't have enough point for the power to work. What does this mean? Obviously the power can not be activated so no new duplicates can be made. What about the duplicate that is all ready out there. I would assume that nothing happens. However it could be argued that the two would recombine because the power no longer works? But, if you go that road the character could by 1D6 Drain Duplication(-1/2 Self only) as a super cheap ranges remerge. Am I making any since at all? lol

Thanks

Demonsong

Re: Two Duplication effects questions?

1)A character that has powers (and Stats increases) that only work while duplicated would this be a -1/4 limitation or a -1/2? By the letter of the book it would seem to me that is should be a -1/2 Limitation but that might be a little much. I am looking for personal thoughts and a direct rules clarification here.
There's no set answer to this question. It all depends on how much time the character is likely to spend Duplicated. If he will be Duplicated most of the time, it's probably only a -1/4 Limitation. If he'll rarely be Duplicated, it might be a -1 or more.

2) Said character (and his duplicate) are in a battle and one of the bad guys uses a drain on the primaries duplication power. So technically the duplication doesn't have enough point for the power to work. What does this mean? Obviously the power can not be activated so no new duplicates can be made. What about the duplicate that is all ready out there. I would assume that nothing happens.
Per 5ER' date=' existing Duplicates immediately vanish if the primary Duplication power is Drained. However, as a Power not bought in increments, you must Drain [i']all[/i] of the points from Duplication before this occurs (per the normal rules discussed under Adjustment Powers). When the Duplication Power has recovered its points, the Duplicates reappear.

Re: Two Duplication effects questions?

Derek seems to have covered the second question nicely, so I'll add something to your first.

I tend to equate "Only While Duplicated "with Only In Heroic ID". Most characters with Duplication tend to use it a lot during their adventures. However, if this is not the case, it might be worth more. I doubt it though. It's a big enough advantage to have a second form, but a second form that increases your stats? I'd use it often, if not at all times.

Speaking of that... This might not even be a Limitation. Is most of the character's time actually spent duplicated? If he only has these abilities while Duplicated, he's at a disadvantage when not duplicated, bit if there's never (or hardly) any time when he's not duplicated and those characteristics/powers would have come into play, it's just a SFX and not a Limitation.