Complex Power Build

Enoch

Okay I'm building a character with a large number of undefined multiforms who is able to clone other people he comes in physical contact with. Once he clones them he basically copies their intire character sheet as one of his available multi-forms, complete with psychological limitations.

Now the kicker is that I want to work in some sort of limitation on the power so that the more personalities he abosorbs the crazier he gets. I was thinking like maybe a -1 to perception checks or possibly all intellegence based rolls per 2 or 4 personalities he clones becuase each personality becomes something of a voice inside his head once he clones them. The voices only affect the true form who is in a way a link between the others and the dominant personality. When he shifts into another multiform all the voices go still except for the multiforms and maybe a very quiet voice of the ture form.

Secondly I want the multiform power built so that it takes a full phase action to switch (if it doesn't already have to check my book) which is easy enough and also so that he has to switch to his true form inbetween shifts to his secondary forms. For example he can't go directly from cloned guy A to cloned guy B he has to become true form before he can hit cloned guy B. This affect I'm pretty sure I can work out easily enough but their is one more I'm having problems with.

Because Shyft has the clones in his subconcious I want it to be possible that in certain situations the clones have a chance to take over without being called up by the true form. Say Clone A is completly afraid of heights and Shyft is up on a high roof top. I want the clone to have a chance to take over as the dominante personality until the situation passes.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Re: Complex Power Build

Power:

VPP Full phase to switch, Limited Group of Powers (Mutliform) - only people he has come into contact with. If you only buy one form at a time, it automatically takes care of the only switching from A to Base not to B (since B would not be in the VPP at that time).

Crazy

I would say use a couple of psych lims and RP it. You can also use enraged to reflect losing control over the power set (though that is a weak fit).

Another alternative would be to have a Limited Conscious Control (-1) and then buy off the points from that with a limitation like RSR Ego. Therefore, if they made their ego roll, they could control the powers. Otherwise, Whoops! This might get messy if they missed the roll while walkind with the street.

Because Shyft has the clones in his subconcious I want it to be possible that in certain situations the clones have a chance to take over without being called up by the true form. Say Clone A is completly afraid of heights and Shyft is up on a high roof top. I want the clone to have a chance to take over as the dominante personality until the situation passes.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

That's pretty much what Accidental Change is there for. Just define it as a Common situation for Shyft - "situations that trigger reactions in stored personalities" - and you're set.

Power:

VPP Full phase to switch, Limited Group of Powers (Mutliform) - only people he has come into contact with. If you only buy one form at a time, it automatically takes care of the only switching from A to Base not to B (since B would not be in the VPP at that time).

I like this idea. Not sure if my GM will go for it but it does take care of the going from one form to the other.

Crazy

I would say use a couple of psych lims and RP it. You can also use enraged to reflect losing control over the power set (though that is a weak fit).

I thought about doing it this way but I want the breadth of his distraction to increase with every personality he learns to clone. Especially if I do it as a VPP as opposed to just a large number of undefined multiforms. I want a real draw back for him having so many people inside his head and for it to get worse with the more personalities he shares his mental space with.

Another alternative would be to have a Limited Conscious Control (-1) and then buy off the points from that with a limitation like RSR Ego. Therefore, if they made their ego roll, they could control the powers. Otherwise, Whoops! This might get messy if they missed the roll while walkind with the street.

I like this. I want Shyft to be able to resist the accidental change using his ego possibly vs. the ego of the other personalities.

how about taking two blank disads then give your GM a random table with

2 disads pertaining to presonality from each personality teh gm rolls dice at the start of each session to assign your psych lism and you have no idea what they are until they kick in.

so some days you could be a pacifist others you could be a total racist or become enraged at criminal acctivity or act like an on duty cop and you don't know till the gm tells you (even better when you get conflicting Disads).

should make for intresting roleplay but is more work for everyone.

how about taking two blank disads then give your GM a random table with

2 disads pertaining to presonality from each personality teh gm rolls dice at the start of each session to assign your psych lism and you have no idea what they are until they kick in.

so some days you could be a pacifist others you could be a total racist or become enraged at criminal acctivity or act like an on duty cop and you don't know till the gm tells you (even better when you get conflicting Disads).

should make for intresting roleplay but is more work for everyone.

This idea seems like a total blast. Very good idea.

That's pretty much what Accidental Change is there for. Just define it as a Common situation for Shyft - "situations that trigger reactions in stored personalities" - and you're set.

I would do the change part this way, and as Cardinal said a VPP with Multi in it.

As to the issue of going crazier, I think it's hard not to just have someone roleplay that, though the INT condition sounds okay, though might be too limiting after a few forms. I'd suggest that his insanity will well be manifested by the two blank disads thing that freakboy6117 mentions, or some variation on that. Personally, I'd do it differently - according to how frequent you want this insanity to be, the GM could just randomly select from among all clones and pick (not necessarily randomly but could be) a psych lim or similar disad for the player and let them know they now have this disad for the moment. Could be influenced by events, as you noted, with GM discretion. One way to escalate the insanity is to do something such as each game session the likelihood of this happening is on an 11 or less on 3d6, -1 to the roll per character, and for every 3 (or whatever number, depending on how many clones you intend to have and how often you want this to happen as it increases) below the roll is ANOTHER occurrence. So for example at the beginning of the session if you have 8 clones and roll a 12, that's 12-8=4. 4 is 7 below 11, so that means that this Disad will occur 3 times, once because it was below 11 but twice more for being 3 below the 11 and 3 below again. If that makes sense.

Just an idea.

One way to escalate the insanity is to do something such as each game session the likelihood of this happening is on an 11 or less on 3d6, -1 to the roll per character, and for every 3 (or whatever number, depending on how many clones you intend to have and how often you want this to happen as it increases) below the roll is ANOTHER occurrence. So for example at the beginning of the session if you have 8 clones and roll a 12, that's 12-8=4. 4 is 7 below 11, so that means that this Disad will occur 3 times, once because it was below 11 but twice more for being 3 below the 11 and 3 below again. If that makes sense.

Just an idea.

I like that idea. Once I figure out how to install Hero designer I''ll play around with it and post a follow up thread with the character. Thanks for all the ideas everyone.