Genetic tinkering with superpowers

Wanderer

In your stories (or in the CU assuming you use it), assuming a superhuman has an origin like mutant, psionic, alien, science accident/deliberate experiment or special heritage (hypervoluted subrace, child of a god), how feasible is to tinker with/reproduce with the char's superpowers via biotechnology. Eg doing feats like reproducing, enhancing or combining the powers of one or more superhumans in a clone (eg like Magneto's clone, Marvel's Nefaria duplicating and enhancing powers from low-end bricks,energy projectos and speedsters to turn oneself into a Superman on steroids), creating bioweapons tailored to target superpowers, inducing in a bioengineered clone a precise set of superpowers, creating a superpower-duplicating lifeform (Amazo, Super-Adaptoid).

Assuming someone like Teleios or Dr.Destroyer stumbles into DNA samples of people like Gravitar, Holocaust, Menton, or Viperia, what he can actually do ?

Re: Genetic tinkering with superpowers

For me, it depends on the campaign, but I tend to make it difficult or requires some special degree of genius, mainly to keep it from seeming like Supers can be mass produced. To me that makes them seem just a little less "special" but its strictly a personal thing.

In the CU, I think there's almost no limit on what someone like Telios or Destroyer could do with the right materials and some time. I can't comment offically on the GGU, but someone was apparently able to construct a chimera being out of the genetic material from a superhuman team that has all their powers (My PC Tao).

Edit:As you likely know, genetic eingineering and biotechnology are very common origins in the Iron Age.

In your stories (or in the CU assuming you use it), assuming a superhuman has an origin like mutant, psionic, alien, science accident/deliberate experiment or special heritage (hypervoluted subrace, child of a god), how feasible is to tinker with/reproduce with the char's superpowers via biotechnology. Eg doing feats like reproducing, enhancing or combining the powers of one or more superhumans in a clone (eg like Magneto's clone, Marvel's Nefaria duplicating and enhancing powers from low-end bricks,energy projectos and speedsters to turn oneself into a Superman on steroids), creating bioweapons tailored to target superpowers, inducing in a bioengineered clone a precise set of superpowers, creating a superpower-duplicating lifeform (Amazo, Super-Adaptoid).

Assuming someone like Teleios or Dr.Destroyer stumbles into DNA samples of people like Gravitar, Holocaust, Menton, or Viperia, what he can actually do ?

::rubs hands evilly together::..anything you can think of!

If it's fun, then do it. Explain why it works this time and not the next time later. Never let shoulda-coulda-wouldas get in the way of a good story. In the case of Telios or Dr. D, they should be able to do anything you can dream up.

In my campaign, "mutant" origins require the character to have what we refer to as the "survivor gene." This gene allows the character to survive radiation/chemical/kryptonite/whatever accidents, and usually incorporates elements of the accident into the character to protect them.

One mutant mastermind in the campaign has a super-genius genetic researcher minion (nicknamed "Doctor Death", freely stolen from Earth:Final Conflict).

The minion figured out the survivor gene, and with the help of several other minions constructed a mutation machine.

Using the machine and stolen genetic samples of various heroes, the mastermind was able to clone one of his other minions (who has the survivor gene) and give these clones powers very similar to the heroes.