Powers for a Deity

Patriot

One of the Pcs in my game has a mystic amulet, which changes him into the bear god of the animal pantheon. My question is in your opinion, what would be a good range of powers for him to have?

so far i have growth, heightened stats,and some defense

any opinions out there?

What's the difference between being the Bear God and a wer-bear? I'm told White Wolf's wer-bears have some interesting powers, both combat and healing.

If he's a bear, HKA and enhanced sense, discrimitory smell, are IMHO required.

The Bear God? Summon/speak with/command bears. Maybe some form of ckairvoyance, sees through the eyes of any bear. Skinchanging, can change a human (especally a hunter) into a bear and assume their form. Maybe some bearlike powers useable on others that can be bestowed as blessings.

Any other dieties in the campagine? What are their powers? Can one even call onesself a diety without ID movement and teleport any place on the planet?

I would recommend some ability to either enter to connect to the spirit world. I guess it depends on the mythos behind the pantheon the god belongs to. You might also want to play up some psyche limits when in the Bear Avatar form --- or even physical limits on what sort of behavior is acceptable.

Not so much a full-blown power, but maybe a wrinkle on what you've got: A werebear-type in a campaign I once ran had a "smart" shapechange. It changed him into the right kind of bear for wherever he was. If he was in the Arctic, a polar bear. In warmer climes, a Golden or Grizzly. In Asia, a Panda. That sort of thing. He steadfastly refused to go to Australia. ;)

For a "Bear god" type? Hm. I don't know much about shamanic religions, but it might be a good start to wonder what they would havewanted from it. To borrow hunting prowess? To have bears leave them alone? That should lead to some ideas as to what the amulet does.