looking for Adventure idea

hawkfu

Hi,

I sort of boxed myself in a corner with my last adventure. The campaign is kind of a Ultimate DC setting , with the player characters playing versions of the Justice League (Batman, Superman, Flash, Green Lantern primarily). The last adventure ended with Superman getting mind controlled by the never before seen Poison Ivy. I had planned on starting the next adventure with Batman investigating a series of attacks on some companies by a super being, only to discover that the attacks are being made by the mind controlled Superman. The problem is that I am having trouble coming up with the actual Poison Ivy plot to drive the story. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hawkfu

Re: looking for Adventure idea

You could make the villain be more of a chemist type who has developed a special substance that will make anyone who is hit by it susceptable to any command that he makes. However the compounds that are requried to make this substance tends to either be rather expensive or hard to get, if not both. He could be thinking that no one would suspect one of the town's do-gooder heros to be trying to get that substance for the villain and turn the hero into his public relations person when it comes to getting that substance.

Poison Ivy would be interested in plants, so the companies she's having Superman attack should be involved in plants. Probably the biggest targets would be biotech companies dealing in genetically modified plants -- "Roundup-ready soybeans" and the like.

Poison Ivy could be out to stop them because they're "harming" plants. Or -- since Poison Ivy herself modifies plants -- she could be trying to quash the competition and take their plants for her own. This could set up a double bad guy scenario: Poison Ivy is trying to stop Farmacia Co. and their new corn that will kill off all weeds and competitive crops (thereby giving them a monopoly, since you'd need to buy your seed corn from Farmacia).

Always fun to have a "well, she's an evil murderess, but in this case, she's right" situation for the PCs to deal with.

Superman being superman, the whole point of the break-ins could simpy be to attract Batman's attention and pit the one guy she thinks can defeat him against the bat. Just a big ol' trap. Even have a point where there are three potential break-ins, so the party is split, then have Supes show up at the one where batman is.

The eco-terrorist angle that people have suggested is the one I'd go with , but other possibilities:

1 Maybe the companies are trying an unpleasant medication on Arkham Inmates (of which she is one) and she's enacting revenge (maybe the medication works and that's got the Arkham types nervous).

2 Maybe Poison Ivy is being controlled herself (Grodd maybe ?) or maybe she's being manipulated by some other 3rd party (her counselor at Arkham ?)

3 Perhaps the robberies have no connection; maybe Poison Ivy is just using Superman to commit these robberies to impress potential buyers of a mind-control serum.

4 Red Kryptonite.

I'd use the ecoterrorism AND the trap the Batman angle. You could stage the Superman raids at chemical plants that produce the herbicides that offend Poison Ivy so. You could even complicate the issue more by throwing in the Fluoronic Man, Jason Woodrue, as a co-conspirator.