Please help critique character (Origin/Background/Points)

Funksaw

Re: Please help critique character (Origin/Background/Points)

The thing about TK, is that I also think Aid and Supress wouldn't work if, say, you wanted to decelerate a falling person from say, 9.8m/s*s, to 0.3m/s*s... You'd effectively be supressing the STR of "The Earth's Gravity" and somehow, that's too much for me to reason with...

The thing about TK' date=' is that I also think Aid and Supress wouldn't work if, say, you wanted to decelerate a falling person from say, 9.8m/s*s, to 0.3m/s*s... You'd effectively be supressing the STR of "The Earth's Gravity" and somehow, that's too much for me to reason with...[/quote']

Take a look at STOP WHERE YOU ARE on this link:

http://www.herogames.com/USPD/kineticenergy.htm

It might describe what you're trying to accomplish.

HM

There are probably a hundred ways to build a power to fit that specific instance, IMO. TK and Flight UAA (with "Vertical movement only" and other modifications) are the two that leap to mind. I agree that Suppress is no way to stop someone from falling. Can you stop them from falling altogether, or just slow them down? If the former, then TK is probably best, but if the latter, I'd go with that Flight UAA. Of course, with TK the weight of the target matters, whereas with Flight it doesn't.

Guest Skaramine

Okay, I've been using the sidekick rules when i should have been looking at the big black book...

Still, though, if I'm reading this correctly, I'd have to drop the forcefield every time I wanted to attack someone.

It's an M slot... So you'd only have to decrease the Force Field to allow an appropriate attack, OR make the Multipower as large as both the attack AND Force Field.