28 END 0

24 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

2 1/2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 72

Cost Power END

5 Can I lend you a hand?: Extra Limbs (120) 0

3 flurry of blows: Autofire (3 shots; +1/4) for up to 13 Active Points of Str (3 Active Points) 1

4 Shock Gloves: Penetrating (+1/2); OIF (-1/2) for up to 13 Active Points of Str (4 Active Points) 1

50 That kid's a handfull!: Duplication (creates 4 200-point Duplicates) 0

11 Of one mind: Mind Link , Human class of minds, Specific Group of Minds, Number of Minds (x4), Psychic Bond (25 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4) 0

50 Multipower, 50-point reserve

2u 1) A whole lot of Jeremy: Sight, Mental, Smell/Taste, Touch and Hearing Groups, Combat Sense, Danger Sense and Spatial Awareness Images 1" radius (41 Active Points); Set Effect (-1), Physical Manifestation (-1/4) 4

2u 2) Everybody Pitches In 1: Major Transform 2 1/2d6 (time or damage), Improved Target Group (anything that can benefit from more people working on it; +1/4) (50 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Requires available tools and materials; -1), Requires A Skill Roll (RSR Skill is subject to Skill vs. Skill contests; -3/4), Gradual Effect (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12); -1/4) 5

1u 3) Everybody Pitches in 2: Change Environment 1" radius, Multiple Combat Effects, Varying Combat Effects (20 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (requires available tools and materials; -1), Requires A Skill Roll (RSR Skill is subject to Skill vs. Skill contests; -3/4), Physical Manifestation (-1/4), Gradual Effect (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12); -1/4) 2

4u 4) He's everywhere: Stretching 8", Does Not Cross Intervening Space (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (-1/4) 5

3u 5) shrug it off: Healing BODY 4d6, Can Heal Limbs (45 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2) 4

5u 6) Dog Pile: Entangle 5d6, 5 DEF (50 Active Points) 5

Powers Cost: 140

Cost Skill

3 Combat Driving 12-

3 Combat Piloting 12-

3 Computer Programming 13-

3 Lockpicking 12-

3 Mechanics 13-

3 Navigation 13-

3 Security Systems 13-

3 Sleight Of Hand 12-

3 Systems Operation 13-

The New Men Package (Cost: 1)

1 1) Fringe Benefit: Passport

-20 2) Hunted by the Fatal Four 8-

2 3) Knowledge Skill: The Superhuman World 11-

6 4) Money: Wealthy ($1,000,000 Annually)

-10 5) Monitored by the World Press 8-

3 6) Reputation: International Goodwill Ambassadors 14-

-10 7) Social Limitation (Celebrity)

20 8) Team Base Donation

9 9) Team Communicator

Skills Cost: 28

Cost Perk

5 Access

3 Computer Link

Perks Cost: 8

Total Character Cost: 248

Val Disadvantages

10 Dependent NPC: Girlfriend of the Week 8- (Incompetent; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)

10 Distinctive Features: Public Identity: New Man (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

20 Normal Characteristic Maxima

10 Physical Limitation: Weirdness Magnet (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)

10 Psychological Limitation: Adventurous and Funloving (Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Cannot Turn Down a Challenge (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Girl crazy (Very Common, Moderate)

10 Enraged: when family member threatened (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 14-

10 Rivalry: Professional (needs to prove himself more worthy of being with his dad than any other person his dad has teamed with), Rival is More Powerful, Rival is a Player Character, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Unaware of Rivalry

15 Psychological Limitation: Will Not Kill (Uncommon, Total)

5 Social Limitation: Held to a HIgher Standard (Occasionally, Minor)

10 Social Limitation: Detached From Humanity (Frequently, Minor)

10 Social Limitation: Minor (Occasionally, Major)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 100

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Re: Need help with my character

Im not sure man, some of your limitations are a bit hokey. 'Girlfriend of the week' ? doesn't seem to dependant to me, would you even care if she was in danger after all, you are 'Detached from humanity' and weirdness magnet is a no go, thats points for nothing seeing as any supers life could be described as such.

I understand that your trying to portray your character as a fun loving, skirt chaser but you cant set the limitations up in direct opposition to that. I would drop the dependant npc girlfriend of the week and choose to be either fun loving and wreckless or remote and detached, but not both.

Guest Witch Doctor

Im not sure man, some of your limitations are a bit hokey. 'Girlfriend of the week' ? doesn't seem to dependant to me, would you even care if she was in danger after all, you are 'Detached from humanity' and weirdness magnet is a no go, thats points for nothing seeing as any supers life could be described as such.

I understand that your trying to portray your character as a fun loving, skirt chaser but you cant set the limitations up in direct opposition to that. I would drop the dependant npc girlfriend of the week and choose to be either fun loving and wreckless or remote and detached, but not both.

The character is desperately seeking the approval of his dad who is a world class superhero. The character, also, grew up running from one adventure to another and has become an adrenaline junkie as a result. So, I'm trying to create a character who is a bit more complex than a one sentence description.

He wants to prove himself and he lacks the maturity to be tactical about it. He needs to get his dad's attention and does so by being reckless. He can't relate to a normal life and misses many references to every day things because he's grown up as a member of the world's number one adventuring family.

Guest Witch Doctor

k.. what's your question? :)

RL

From a strictly mathematical perspective, does everything make sense?

Does the character pack enough heat to make him useful in and out of combat?

• 4 weeks later...

From a strictly mathematical perspective, does everything make sense?

Does the character pack enough heat to make him useful in and out of combat?

WD, I didn't see any significant defenses (aside from Healing)??? Am I just missing that?

I don't have a problem with Weirdness Magnet as a 10 point disad. We've used in our game for years and it works out good. And you can have a lot of fun with it. For example, that Girlfriend of the week could turn out to be the sister of the villain of the week. Or the villain's girlfriend trying to get back at him. Can you see the headline: "Hero Caught in Love Triangle with Pair of Villains" Weirdness Magnet gives you a license to pull this kind of stuff on a character all the time.

Even "detached from humanity" and "girl crazy" can work together. The character is so obsessed with looking good and having fun that he is almost nihilistic and does not really regard other people as, well, people. So he is detached from humanity in that he can't form serious connections with other people; he may even struggle to care about them. It's not that he doesn't interact with other people; he just can't connect with them.

Just because a guy chases (and catches) a lot of skirts doesn't mean he can relate to the women an a human level. We've all met the guy getting a mess of action who just likes the anatomy. That said, a DNPC is the wrong disad for that type because he wouldn't develop any reason to care about her. I'd give him a small Psych Lim and reputation as a manwhore.

In addition to his DEF being nonexistent, his CV is quite low with a 14 DEX; he's going to get smacked around and he'll never hit anything other than a stationary target.

Furthermore, his attack options seem to be a 2½d6 penetrating autofire x3 punch, or a 5d6 entangle. The entangle is good; the punch is not. With his CV that autofire is wasted points; you'll never roll low enough to get extra hits, and with that low of a DC, you're essentially going to only do 2 STUN if you ever do hit. Which seems unlikely.

That Transform is not likely to effect much of anything with only 2½d6 (only good for stuff with < 7 BODY). If you're trying to repair things, I'd make it into a Healing that works on objects.

The Duplication is a good power; extra actions are invaluable. I'm not sure, but you may need to pay the full 250 pts for your duplicates (i.e., not leave out the 50 pts for the duplication power itself). I'd look that up. If you can add some Limitations to your duplication (Feedback? Extra Time - delayed phase?) consider that.

Overall, I'd also recommend some tightening up on your Special Effects. Most of your powers seem to be some kind of duplicate/exist in more than one place kind of power. You should be able to get a few small Limitations out of that to get some more points to work with.

For example, your Entangle probably represents you physically restraining someone. Take Feedback on it. Your Multipower isn't likely to see much combat use; take Extra Time on the entire reserve. Your Stretching could probably use a No Velocity Damage limitation on it.

Take all those points from new Limitations, and pile them into Characteristics. You need STR, DEX, CON (which will give you END and STUN that you also need), and you need to buy some Defenses.

Finally, I assume the Package is something standard to the campaign, but putting Disads as negative-cost Powers is kind of dodgy... it allows you to circumvent the limits on Disad points (in total or per category), and underestimates your point totals (you've got a 290 pt character, not a 250 pt character there - in particular, your Duplication should cost more). If your GM wants things that way, well and good, but if not you should check with him/her first.