Champions LARP

shafti76

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA. Please no one ever do this. As an avid Nero player, this thought occured to me at a recent event (very late at night) and I just imagined a bunch of people that look like me (large to say the least) running around in spandex and after I stopped laughing I felt a chill..... God I hope no one ever does this. I am pretty sure its one of the signs of the end of the world.

Tim

Re: Champions LARP

Originally posted by shafti76

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA. Please no one ever do this. As an avid Nero player, this thought occured to me at a recent event (very late at night) and I just imagined a bunch of people that look like me (large to say the least) running around in spandex and after I stopped laughing I felt a chill..... God I hope no one ever does this. I am pretty sure its one of the signs of the end of the world.

Having seen a gamer in spandex, I whole heartily agree with you. My experience was showing up at a con game and being greeted by the GM in spandex. ugh.

Originally posted by TheEmerged

I have a sudden urge to go find that "Lightning Bolt!" link again...

ADDED: What can I say? I failed the EGO roll.

I've always said RPG's are Pretend, With Rules :D

I find the "friendly fire" incident in this video particularly amusing :rolleyes:

OMG! I'd never seen this before. I think I just peed myself at work. :eek:

I don't know what is worse... the freaks trying to pull this off (especially lightning lad and his "whoops!") or the scary peasant girl type trying to activate her Clapper at the end. ;)

If you see something like this and you find yourself thinking it might be fun... you might be a gamer :D When I first saw the link, I found myself possessed of a desire to find out what was happening from a rule perspective; it makes a twisted kind of sense once you see the rules behind it :eek:

Be glad I didn't also link the "Do you have a pulse?" video...

Originally posted by TheEmerged

If you see something like this and you find yourself thinking it might be fun... you might be a gamer :D When I first saw the link, I found myself possessed of a desire to find out what was happening from a rule perspective; it makes a twisted kind of sense once you see the rules behind it :eek:

Be glad I didn't also link the "Do you have a pulse?" video...

They have rules for throwing rocks at each other, now? :P

Originally posted by RDU Neil

OMG! I'd never seen this before. I think I just peed myself at work. :eek:

I don't know what is worse... the freaks trying to pull this off (especially lightning lad and his "whoops!") or the scary peasant girl type trying to activate her Clapper at the end. ;)

You should also check out "Gamemaster, Gamemaster, What Have You Done?" from Breakfast of Demons.

It's the kind of movie that makes you say "Thank God I'm not that bad." over and over and over...

Tha characters are mostly around a gaming table, but there is also an outdoor LARP scene. And considering that one of the actors is a hand puppet, it gives it a whole new dimension.

Originally posted by RDU Neil

They have rules for throwing rocks at each other, now? :P

No no, those are homemade beanbags. The number you carry is how many times you can cast the spell, and they have to hit the target. The yelling thing is to indicate the spell being "cast"...

Oh wait, you were being funny :D

I know what you are thinking

I play Nero a international LARP and yes it does look very similar to that movie. That being said after making fun of LARPers especially Vampire for years, I went to a Nero a event last summer. I have spent very few weekends home ever since, I met some great people and had a great time. I guess what I'm saying is: D&D style LARP=Loose fitting Clothes=OK. Superhero LARP=Bright spandex=very bad.

Tim

http://www.warweb.org/

http://www.nerolarp.com/

Re: I know what you are thinking

Originally posted by shafti76

I play Nero a international LARP and yes it does look very similar to that movie. That being said after making fun of LARPers especially Vampire for years, I went to a Nero a event last summer. I have spent very few weekends home ever since, I met some great people and had a great time. I guess what I'm saying is: D&D style LARP=Loose fitting Clothes=OK. Superhero LARP=Bright spandex=very bad.

Tim

http://www.warweb.org/

http://www.nerolarp.com/

Please don't think I'm mocking you. If I had the time and a place to do it, it would be too tempting to pass up.

You know, maybe this could work as a street-level superheroics... :evillaugh: