William Dixon, Golden Age scientist

Susano

Re: William Dixon, Golden Age scientist

You do realise there are no stats for the character and it seems only a portion of his history was displayed? Or did you do that on purpose?

Are you seeing the scroll bar? I've got a full character sheet.

And I like the Science! suggestion Michael.

You do realise there are no stats for the character and it seems only a portion of his history was displayed? Or did you do that on purpose?

As lemming says, I see a full character sheet. I'm using the frame with a frame trick to link to my webpage directly.

The scroll bar stops at what appears to be the bottom portion of the character's history and will scroll no higher then that.

What browser are you using?

I'm using Safari, but have seen it work in Firefox as well (both on OS X).

What browser are you using?

I'm using Safari, but have seen it work in Firefox as well (both on OS X).

And I'm using Firefox on Linux (v 1.01)

Ok: Just checked with Konquoror and that shows only starts in the middle of history. It could be there's an unmatched tag somewhere? And Safari & Firefox are being helpful.

And I'm using Firefox on Linux (v 1.01)

Ok: Just checked with Konquoror and that shows only starts in the middle of history. It could be there's an unmatched tag somewhere? And Safari & Firefox are being helpful.

BBEdit showed one open tag. I closed that and reloaded the file. Other than that, everything is formatted fine.

Always before I got the full sheet. No idea what could be different.

Me either -- although this may be the first time I've posted with a DOCTYPE in the HTML. How does Arnold Helker look to you?

OK, just had a look. Your entire site seems to be having a problem with IE, unless something is screwed up in my computer. I'm now not getting full character sheets even oncharacters I've read before.

Hve you made any recent site wide changes?

So if I save a complete page from the Hero site, no problems with either browser. Grrr. Though I'm wondering if part of the problem is the style sheet, since at least here we won't be able to load it.

href="../index/sstuff.css"

I also noticed if I ran the complete page thru tidy from W3C that it complains about an empty iframe. Not sure why, looked fine, but I'll check more.

And since Oddhat is seeing it from your site, I'll check via there. That way I can eliminate V-Bulletin as a culprit.

I think it's the style sheet.

If I save a complete page with Firefox, I'm picking up the surbrook style sheet. Not sure why Konq is having a problem getting it though I'm noticing some odd characters at the very end of the file when saved via Konq.

I think it's the style sheet.

If I save a complete page with Firefox, I'm picking up the surbrook style sheet. Not sure why Konq is having a problem getting it though I'm noticing some odd characters at the very end of the file when saved via Konq.

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptionscomic/comicchar.html

The Animated Justice League has the problem.

The Astro City characters don't.

Whatever the difference is, that's the display problem. Style sheet sounds likely.

Hmm. I'm noticing some headers have "../../index/sstuff.css" and some have "../../../index/sstuff.css" for style sheet locations.

Some character sheets are nested deeper than others, hence the different links to the css. For example: file:///Volumes/EVA%2002/Homepage%20Æ’/Surbrook's%20Stuff/stuff/adaptionscomic/aju/Aquaman.HTML. So the Animated Justice League are inside the Comic Adaptations (whadya know... I need to fix my spelling) directory, as are the Astro City character sheets.

I did add this: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC '-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"> to everything based on a MACWORLD article on making sure IE (and other browsers) would read my pages correctly. That is the big system/site-wide change to everything and might be the culprit. Did I spell it wrong and/or should I use something else?