Crowd control overpowering game

Shubbie

Re: Crowd control overpowering game

Ego entangles aren't too bad if you go under the assumption that you have to buy all the advantages per the FAQ on the subject (Based on ECV, Transparent to attack and I think there's one more) and that ANY ego power can be used as an attack to break it down (Much like any damaging power can take down a normal entangle). If the team doesn't have someone with a mental power at all, then it's probably too much, but if they do, it's probably not much effort to crack it open.

At the very least any damaging ECV power should (whether it does body or not under normal circumstances.)

Ego entangles aren't too bad if you go under the assumption that you have to buy all the advantages per the FAQ on the subject (Based on ECV' date=' Transparent to attack and I think there's one more) and that ANY ego power can be used as an attack to break it down (Much like any damaging power can take down a normal entangle). If the team doesn't have someone with a mental power at all, then it's probably too much, but if they do, it's probably not much effort to crack it open.At the very least any damaging ECV power should (whether it does body or not under normal circumstances.)[/quote']That could be a house rule, and I'm not objecting, but, as written, the EGO Entangles are devastating to most characters. Even when you pay for all the Advantages, you can still get an attack that almost nobody can break out of. You really can't do that with a regular Entangle.

For Ego Entangles' date=' if you find them too much trouble and too effective but don't want to ban them, maybe make them all take the 1 Def or 0 Def limits, so anyone can get out given time.[/quote']

This seems like a reasonable compromise. Can I suggest another? Having made a non-damaging power which is Based on ECV, perhaps the power should have a "fade rate" much like Mind Control and Telepathy, such that the Defense graduaklly declines over time unless the user keeps spending END to prevent deterioration?